summon druid and crescent moon

diomede

Diabloii.Net Member
summon druid and crescent moon

Hi all,

trying to make a summon druid, so I have to max spirit wolves, dire wolves and grizzly. So far so good as these skills synergise.

Though I have a question about the use of Crescent Moon as a weapon: I see that it gives 30 charges of lvl 18 spirit wolf. Now, does it have the same effects as 18 hard points invested in the same skill? I mean, when equiped with a CM does the druid have the equivalent synergy bonus?

If so, then I guess it's possible to re-invest these 18 skill points on other skill/skills instead of trying to max out spirit wolf, isn't it? What do you think?

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: summon druid and crescent moon

Nope, won't work. The Marrowwalk bug worked like this in a previous patch, but only when you didn't put points into bone prison. Here it would be useless since you need a point in spirit wolf as a prerequisite.

In any case, afaik the druid summons don't function like synergies but more like passives, seeing as +skills affect the bonuses to other summons. Unless there was something with like level 50 grizzly charges you would've been better off putting hard points into everything.

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

Nope. Something like that used to work in 1.10 IIRC, but it was considered a bug and fixed.

There are two things to consider though:

1. These skills aren't really synergies to each other, but masteries. Meaning that having +skills help getting a higher bonus. If you have 1 point in Spirit Wolves and +10 to Spirit Wolves from your gear, you get the bonus of level 11 Spirit Wolves.

2. Maxing Spirit wolves shouldn't be high on your list of priorities. They affect AR but not by really large amounts. You'd rather max HoW then and get the extra damage for free.

diomede

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks a lot for the replies, just to clear this out:

If I wanted to invest in spirit wolves as a bonus for the other summons, is it better to invest 20 points or just one and equip a Crescent Moon?

HoW will be maxed out in any case, just want to understand if I'll still have the same bonuses in both cases, regarding spirit wolves (19 hard ponts - 1 point & C Moon).

hubb

Diabloii.Net Member

Nonono. Crescent Moon will have absolutely no impact on any of your summons.

Like we said, this bug doesn't work any more, it was fixed. And even if it did still work, the bug would only work if you didn't spend any points into spirit wolf, and seeing as it's a prerequisite to your other summons, you wouldn't be able to put points into dire wolf or grizzly.

Phosphor

Diabloii.Net Member

If you cast level 18 spirit wolves from Crescent Moon they will get the synergy from maxed dire wolves and bear. for what it's worth.

minuses

Diabloii.Net Member

Since you are no longer planning on using crescent moon then go with doomz for the 2 skills, holy freeze, and maul with it :)

diomede

Diabloii.Net Member

If you cast level 18 spirit wolves from Crescent Moon they will get the synergy from maxed dire wolves and bear. for what it's worth.
I wasn't going to use spirit wolves actually, just wanted to know if the synergy you describe goes the other way arround. That is, if a lvl 18 spirit from Crescent Moon will give bonus to dire and grizzzly. But, no, as I was explained.

So now I'll have to decide if maxing spirit wolves is worth it (as dire, grizzly and HoW will be maxed out, anyway), or if I have to find another way to spend these skill points and follow another strategy, like the guys above have advised (hunter or use a doom, instead).

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

If you are already maxing 3 Summons, I'd become a Shockwave(/Maul) WereBear AKA Towndump :)

diomede

Diabloii.Net Member

If you are already maxing 3 Summons, I'd become a Shockwave(/Maul) WereBear AKA Towndump :)
In this case, though, isn't just one point in Shockwave/Werebear enough? I mean, after the +skills, of course.

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

Could be yes. But this leaves you more points for Maul and Lyc. :)