Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Summon Bone necros only for pit?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ryanl, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Ryanl

Ryanl IncGamers Member

Summon Bone necros only for pit?

I was wondering if summon necros are only to be used in pit runs/ cows. I'm trying to decide if i should work on getting an Enigma Or coh for him. I was thinking that with Enigma i could tele and do countess, meph and andy runs as well. What do you think?

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Summoners can handle all areas from pits to baalruns...and with DV handy to us necro's...makes souls and other leb's easier to kill without getting yourself killed.

HoS

3. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Summoners can do anything, anywhere. I used to do Pindle, Meph, Cows, Countess, and Baal all in one game with my Commandomancer (summoner variant).

-Gix

4. Ryanl

Ryanl IncGamers Member

:clap: Just a quikck question. For summon/bone necro, is it worth getting a fire or iron golem or should i stick with clay? Or would it be better to get an iron golem which gives thorns. How effective is it. Let me know! this guy just looks amazing
    :clap: :clap:
    Ok im done, but i have a joke for everyone
    Why did snoop dogg buy an umbrella?

Fo Drizzle. LMAO

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Stick to clay: of all the golems it's the best one because it has a number of useful features:
    - the slow effect
    - huge life, even with just one point invested an a few +skills
    - recastable --- put him where you need him

All this simply makes him the best tank in the game. It only takes a keypress and a mouseclick to place your tank where he's needed (try that with iron golem...), and he easily survives just about everything with a decent number of +skills. Else you can recast him...

Firegolem, on the other hand, not only requires you to spend an additional skillpoint (it's not a prereq for a useful skill), it also doesn't do anything but distract the monsters. And because of slow/life, Gumby is doing a much better job there...
    The fire-absorption of the fire golem looks great at first sight, but it's useless. Gumby "absorbs" damage with almost no limitand doesn't die, so why forfeit the advantages Gumby has for a fire absorption feature that has no practical use?

Presumeably, fire golem attracts monsters from a farther away than Gumby does, which might be the only point I would accept in favor of a fire golem. But I've never had problems getting to the monsters, and I don't know how far his "attraction" reaches with 1 hardpoint +skills.

Something I don't know about the other golems is whether their "target priority" is as high as that of Gumby --- if it isn't then it would be another pro-Gumby: monsters even disengage from their current target to turn around and attack Gumby instead --- this is why I like to cast him into or behind a bosspack (dangerous ones with damage boosters, or Lister...), or into a ranged-attacker pack, and he does a great job as my personal body guard when I charge ahead into a room filled with monsters.

And lets not forget act bosses --- Gumby-slow plus cold-chilling plus decrepify allows you to study them in slow motion, and Baal doesn't do any "complex" spells such as teleport, cloning or tentacles that would distract your crowd (if you look closely at them you'll notice that they are all bone, no brains, so you have to keep things simple for them).

DClone is about the only "act boss" who's somewhat reluctant to be slowed to such extent; he remains dangerous nonetheless.

EDIT: Btw, most necros have Iron Golem (which is why I mentioned the additional skillpoint investment for fire golem only), since Revives are useful for just about every subclass --- although Skelemancers don't really need them, except for dclone (and it might be possible to do dclone withouit revives using more +skills than what I have).
    I didn't hotkey iron or blood golem, though, since I see no use for either.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

All Golems have the same target priority.

7. mooguela

mooguela IncGamers Member

Extra Golem Question

I was led to believe that the slow effect does not last that long in NM and Hell diffs.
    Is it still effective enough then?
    I have been using an act2 merc with a kelpie snare for the slow effect so far.
    Would the slow effects stack?

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Slows lasts as long on Hell and NM as it does on Norm. Chill is reduced.

Yes. Check out this thread.