Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SUMMARY - How to boost Druid in 1.12

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ed from Russia, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

SUMMARY - How to boost Druid in 1.12

I got lots of reactions on my question how to upgrade Druids in 1.12. I have created a list of feasible changes based on these comments.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTACT AT BLIZZARD WE CAN USE ??

I took the following into account:
    - Changes should focus on PvM, but will carry over to PvP
    - You cannot remove, replace, or change the principle behind skills. Changes should be in the modifiers of skills
    - Changes should be balanced - we should give other classes a chance to beat us.

Here are the suggested changes, an explanation will follow below.

Shapeshifting
    1) FRW bonus to the skill Werewolf – 10% at slvl 1, 2% per additional point
    2) Chance for uninterruptible attack to the skill Werebear - 10% at slvl 1, 2% per additional point
    3) Hurricane can be cast in bear/wolf form
    4) Passive replenish life bonus to Lycanthropy: 4%
    5) Werewolf skill no longer requirement for Werebear
    6) Extend duration of Feral Rage: 20s at slvl 1, +2s per additional point

Elemental
    7) Remove casting delays for Firestorm and Molten Boulder, and reduce delays for Fissure (1s) and Volcano (2s)
    8) Remove Wind tree prerequisites for Armageddon
    9) Increase rolling speed of Molten Boulder:5% per point invested in synergy (e.g. Hurricane, Cyclone Armor)
    10) Increase stun time of Twister: 0.4s at slvl 1, 0.1s per additional point

Summoning
    11) Physical immunity of all spirits
    12) Raven: 1 raven per point invested, up to 20-30 ravens
    13) Spirit wolves deal magical damage
    14) Spirit of Barbs: extra mod: reduces damage by 10% at slvl 1, +2% per additional point
    15) Vines: Carrion Vine increases life of other vines by 5% per point, Poison Creeper increases poison resistance by 5% per point, Solar Creeper increases Fire resistance by 5% per point

2. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Explanation:
    1:Wolves are fast, but bears are not, so you can't do this with Lycanthropy. You need to max WW to get the full frw increase, which is fairer than a passive bonus.
    2: Bears are strong. Uninterruptable attack can make up for their lack of speed if they do a lot of damage. By adding this modifier to WB and not Maul, you can use the bonus when using Fire Claws.
    3: Hurricane is like Armageddon in that they are both spells with a long duration. Other elemental spells cannot be cast by Werebear/werewolf – I think we cannot change this principle.
    4: replenish life seems logical for shapeshifters
    5: (no need for explanation)
    6: Feral rage could be useful if it lasted a bit longer. This way it only works if you actually invest points in it.
    7: Casting delays are too long, but I don’t think Blizzard would remove them.
    8: (no need for explanation)
    9: Molten Boulder is now too slow. Using a synergy to speed it up makes sense, especially if the skills work together. A wind skill that is not spammable seems logical because you would use Boulder for spamming.
    10: longer stun length makes Twister a bit more useful.
    11: PI makes spirit longer lasting, but not invulnerable. No need to recast as often.
    12: Personal favorite. Makes pure Summoner build much more realistic and will look great.
    13: Spirit Wolves with magical damage will be useful even in hell against PI monsters. They are no longer only a prerequisite.
    14: Spirit of Barbs needs a boost. Damage reduction was a great suggestion by someone.
    15: Synergies can make vines more useful, especially increased life and resistances.

There were several suggestions I decided not to include:
    - Increase AR/DEF/Life for WW/WB: I needed to make a choice, we can't have everything
    - Crushing Blow for WB: it's now a modifier only for unique/runeword items, I don't think we can use it as part of a druid skill.
    - Grizzly and Wolves together, more summoned creatures: I think Blizzard made the choice not to create another Necromancer - you need to make a choice. More Ravens should be OK though.
    - Increase Shockwave radius with each point invested: could be interesting, but I never play werebear so have little idea of its effect. Plus, I understand from others tha Shockwave is already pretty effective.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

we dont really need a boast. Only thing that has to happen is other characters that dont work right need to be fixed. aka zeal uninterupptable and such.

4. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

If you send it to Blizzard, I do not think they will take it seriously.

5. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

[Deleted to make it more polite]

QFT
    Blizz would prefer to fix bugs and glitches, and create a balance between all characters. Not make an already powerful character even more powerful.

Second that.

Sorry, but the druid is already powerful enough, and your list would just make it way too easy PvM, and unbalance PvP moreso.
    Almost all of the list just make the druid overly strong, and unbalance pretty much everything else.

6. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Man nice try, but this is overpowering Druids by alot and Blizz arent generous, ther're too bloated/lazy to reach the keyboard to type somthing.
    Overpowering by alot but still soem nice ideas :thumbsup:

7. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

uH

couldn't you have used the other 10000000x threads about how to boost druids in next patch?

8. Josiphos

Josiphos IncGamers Member

Quote: QFT
    Blizz would prefer to fix bugs and glitches, and create a balance between all characters. Not make an already powerful character even more powerful.

Boosting overpowered druids?

Where have you been hiding since 1.07? Druids suck these days in pvm and pvp. They are the lowest class (but I still love em)

I'd settle for bringing the other chars back to reality.

9. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

My PvM guardian disagrees. :grin: He did have monsters that did unusually high damage (my lifebulb dropped from 6k down to 2.5k in seconds,) but once he managed to counter that with a different strat, he found it fairly easy.

10. De4dEyE

De4dEyE IncGamers Member

What? I assume you're not talking about the Wind druid.

11. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Finally. :) Gets updated just as I click "Post Quick Reply"...

No, Fury wolf.

12. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

for pvm ... a fury druid really cant be much godlier ... but you also must get over the fact that melee's will never pvm like casters.

13. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

a side from a few things the druid doesn't need much changed. My only suggestions were just to make the wolf/bear more realistic.

14. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

my only suggestion- make all spells castable in wolf/bear form. but with horrendous casting delays so you cant have wolves outrunning sorcs in form then stopping and attacking.

(talking about tele right there)

15. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

I will point out my observations during 7 months of dueling with a fury druid.

-A godly fury druid will always kill every wind druid.

-Their are only 2 classes a godly fury cant duel well, Godly smiters and descent Bonemancers.

-Barbarians, are about at the same level as long as you fight them with the right gear.

-Hammerdins, 99% of the time will die (I say 99% because their was 1 and I repeat 1 hammerdin i couldn't kill on east).

-Everyone else is beatable with the right amount of resist gear and frw(including blizz sorcs).

-Godly Fury means: 9 skill/lifers 40+ life, 11 - 3/20/20's with 11 - 5 res all/ 5frw's on switch. 20/20 torch and anni, P ebotzd (or something even rarer such as eth rare phase). 260-280 ed, 3 socket eth tomb reaver. Storm shield - shael'd & P Sanctuary. 15/40 verdungo's & Tgods. P cerebrus, p coa, p kiras and jalala's all on switch. 2 p ravens, 2 p wisps, 2 dwarf stars. Angelics ammy+ 2 rings and p maras. A good pair of stat boots or gore riders. Finally COH, Shaftstop and enigma.

This coupled with the standard Vita fury druid build will reach from 9-10 k depending on the items your using.

16. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

I have a few friends on west you should meet.

True.

Again, I have a few friends I would simply love for you to meet. A ww barb is up there with smiters usually. A smart one that sees you walk into a corner will wip out a widow and just tele away. Most will just clip the **** out of you.

If you duel the same hameradin long enough they will figure out how to beat shift fury + movement placement. Its easy to kill a hammeradin the first 10x times, but they will always learn your patterns. Thus, you need more patterns. And unless you have rabies to back yourself up, you will eventually loose to a dedicated hammeradin.

With your listed switch gear blow, you have very little %frw. Any cold sorc or foh'er will shred you without proper stacking {which again you have limiting} {{assuming they have as much invested in their gear s you have listed blow}}.

That gear is nice and all, but I use close to the exact same, along with a perfect cta setup and prebuffing switch for both cta & shifting, and even casting oak. Granted i'm still waiting on my ladder helm and armor, which will add alot more. My charms all have +45 {gc} or 20 {sc}, and I cant seem to break 9k without asking a nice ol barb to come boost me. In order to get the nice 10k breakpoint you will need +hp gear such as shaft stop, bloodfist, waterwalks, & pruby's in some rubbish. Using this gear tends to destroy your effectivness vs. some classes.

As for this thread, as pointed out many times, there isnt much to do for druids. I aggree although that the fire skills are a little weak due to timers, but maybe an increase in damage would help. Its far to easy to absorb even the best fissure damage.

I dont believe helping the summoning or shifting skills would do any good. You would only see more town hugging summoners and lamers attempting to make a good shifting druid only to fail.

The way to improve the druid in 1.10 would simply be to fix the abused bugs or possibly wrong game modifiers; Make greif's damage go to the weapon & not to skills like smite, or just add the damage to the maximum damage so that it doesnt dominante over other ww weapons. Put a cool down timer on bone wall & prison, possibly even teleport if you really want to be cruel {just to make shifters that much better}.

17. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

This is sorta my personal wish but....

For WereBear:
    1) make Maul attack at same speed as Hunger, so a good 1-2 frames faster for the most part. This will allow 8 frame Grief's to be swung at 6... like the same as 'Shaeld' Azurewrath, and Azurewrath would be faster too, etc.

2) Improve Maul charge-up Range: instead of the damage going from like 20%-350% @increments of 20%...
    ...have the base damage improve per lvl too, so at lvl 35 its like +175%-350% @40% increments each hit... just an idea that'd really give it some much needed help.

18. HuggieTheBear

HuggieTheBear IncGamers Member

Heh, some things I will address (maybe I came out a tad to aggressive in my original post, I wasn't putting other classes down).

1.) you pointed this out but it bares repeating, Im not on west.

2.) 45 FRW enigma, 30 run walk stat boots, 11 5/5's arent quick enough?

Also, some of my switch gear stacks the hell out of resists as noted p kiras, Coh, P sanctuary and the 5/5's. Also, I was using sorb in my calculations.

-As memory serves me it took 4-5 blizzards to get me to unshift, I could totally sorb light and fire (including foh paladins). I could litterally always desynch fury a blizzard sorc before they got me.

3.) Hrmm maybe using the term always was a tad to strong? Ok, I'll admit when I first started dueling ele druids I did die. But I learned how to use desynch to my advantage after awhile of dueling. To my best recollection I havent lost to one in a long while (though there was a case or 2 that was somewhat close).

4.) -Barbarians, are about at the same level as long as you fight them with the right gear.

I stand by my comment some barbs can beat you depending on the situation and tactics used and some can't. (note I never stated you should pretty much always win vs them).

They are the most equal match up vs a properly built fury (well on east).

5.)West has different dupes and hacked items that im not aware of to give other classes advantages. So I can't say the same results would happen on west that would happen on east.

For instance back in 1.09 when east had zephyr bows, bowazons on east were extremely overpowered vs other chars.

West could possibly have something like this.

6.) I was saying all this to show that fury druids are not underpowered.

the only 2 druid classes I would say are underpowered are

1.) Fire elemental druids
    2.) bear druids
    3.) summoner druids (I still can't believe people actually play this, lol).