Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Suitable pvp barb-questions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by The_Sickness_101, Apr 2, 2004.

1. The_Sickness_101

The_Sickness_101 IncGamers Member

Suitable pvp barb-questions

Gear:
    Arreats(thinking of chaming it)
    enigma
    ss
    verdungos
    ik or gore boots(havent decided)
    2x angelic rings
    Highlords
    I don't have enough gear to get any type of botd, however, I can afford the kingslayer, silence, and fury swords I was offered yesterday. Out of these which will be the best for pvp? Also I'm going to max ww, bo, shout. mastery, 1 into pre-reqs and drop the rest in iron skin. Stat-wise ill prolly have around 100 base str and i assume max block here is the way to go. How effective are these barbs against most public duelers? This is my first 1.10 barb and this class is the only one that has given me heartache w/ almost all my characters but my necro. I also don't understand ww breakpoints, block frames, and all that stuff so any rips or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

2. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

ok so.... i would keep your setp but use gores and get a fury. With the open wounds its the best out of those swords mentioned. Despite the low damage it compenstates for it with incredible mods. As four your rings amd ammy.... i was only aware that the angelic rings only gave a bonus as 2 pieces of set. Do ditch highlords for an engelic ammy and cham the arreats. Shael the ss to reach the next block rate. Thats about it. I'm in the process of writing a small WWguide to those who are new to barbs, and those who don't use them very well. So look out for that.

3. Barker2131

Barker2131 IncGamers Member

hmm as for the the cham. i dont think it would be that great to cham yur arretas. my preference would be to throw in an io rune and gain a large +life bonus.

4. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

how can you not afford a botd? if you can buy a jah for fury and cham for arreats, then you can afford the vex and zod for botd. most likely that alone is why barbs are giving you a hard time.

if you go with 100 str, you will have to go with the enigma to even wear the arreats or stormshield. if you use a light enigma, you can go even lower on the str, 77 in a dusk shroud.

angel rings alone do nothing. you need the ammy (or another piece, i doubt you want to use armor/sabre) to activate the ar bonus.

darius' s/s pvp ww barb guid in the strat compendium is the best, and the info is mostly up to date (except for the eq.) you should start there for most of the main points.

fhr is not important for a pvp barb as the main pvp attack, ww, is uninterruptable.

regarding the weps, probably kingslayer is your best bet, because all the good mods on silence and fury don't work in pvp. however, you need to check the ww breakpoints in the wep you are buying. some runewords don't give enough ias to hit the last ww breakpoint.

1h and any sword bps:

2h except sword bps:

To calculate bps:
    take the ias of the base weapon type from the arreat summit. usually, it is a positive value. lets use a colossus blade, speed 5, with the kingslayer runeword.

(5) + (-30) = -25, so it is not fast enough to be used with ww.

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i've heard that io's bonus is added after BO, so you only get 40 hps. you would get 80 hps from a perf ruby.

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Aye, BO doesn't boost +life/level, +vit, or +%life items. Still though, I'd much rather just socket my helm/shield with ed/str jewels on a whirler, or even just normal ed jewels, and just put on a ravenfrost when I had to worry about being frozen (sorcs). Straight bvb it's not going to be that big of a deal.

-Hal

7. SkylineFanatic

SkylineFanatic Banned

Ummmmm how is 2 angelic rings gonna do anything..
    it doesnt add bonuses by wearing 2 of the same set stuff

8. Perfect_11.

Perfect_11. IncGamers Member

hold on... how does 66% open wounds on a fury "not work for pvp" thats all the sword is. Its an open wounds sword. And about cham, I'd much rather cham the arreats instead of putting a jewel in or even worse an io rune or pruby (YICK!) I of course play ladder so there is no abundance of 40/9 str jewels. I would much rather be protected from annoying cold damage anyday than boost my dmg by 100. Being frozen sucks and it always will. cham the arreats and use frosts only vs high dmg cold sorcs.