Suggestions for Summoner Necro

conansidekick

Diabloii.Net Member
Suggestions for Summoner Necro

hey new guy here. just some questions about making a summoning necro. lvl 19 right now, 9 points in raise skeleton, 4 in mage, 2 in mastery and 4 in amp damage. any suggestions what to put points in. i'll definetly put more in to amp and mastery but any other skills that might help?

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're planning to go to high lvls as in to say higher than 80, max Raise Skel, Skel Mastery, Skel Mage, and CE.

Only 1 pt in all curse except the 3 at the side. (Dim Vision, etc.)

1 pt in Revive, NONE in Fire Golem.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't spread out your points. Finish Skeleton Mastery and Raise Skeleton before adding more into Mages.

Adding points to Amplify Damage only increases duration and radius; some people increase Amp to match their CE radius, others like me just cast Amp a few times.

Dancolen

Diabloii.Net Member
/shrug.. I couldnt see doing Hell without Dim Vision.

If making a summoner, max Raise Skelly and Skelly mastery.

CE is nice to put one point or 20 into, depending how big a blast radius you enjoy.

1 point wonders will by clay golem, golem mastery, and summon resist.
Decryptify and Amp Damage are also one point wonders you will need.
I highly recommend one in Dim Vision for ranged elemental attacks in hell.
Bone Armor is also nice to put one point in.

After that you can decide between maxing CE or Skelly mages, or whatever you like, imo.

Use Decryp + clay golem on all bosses. For most trash use amp and CE. Decryp is nice for those highly offensive monsters, such as might or fanatic uniques, or act bosses.

Thats just my opinion on the summoner build.

GreatStupidPastry

Diabloii.Net Member
And just some advice on equipment, GET ENIGMA!

Especially if you're gonna be using revives. Revives get lost 90% of the time just walking around.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Dancolen said:
/shrug.. I couldnt see doing Hell without Dim Vision.
My Skelemancer never uses it --- I prefer to just kill those damned black souls and be done with it, rather than toying around with AI curses.

It is certainly a matter of preference --- and Skelemancers have the spare points to afford DV (my Skelemancer is a pure Skelemancer --- maxed skellies, mages and CE, and now he even has unused skillpoints...).

My Bonemancer isn't in hell yet... so I don't know yet. I'm saving up a few skillpoints now (maxed spear, spirit and wall), and I'll see how things work out in hell.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
conansidekick said:
lvl 19 right now, 9 points in raise skeleton, 4 in mage, 2 in mastery and 4 in amp damage.
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

Wow, you really spread out those points. For ease of playing and to gain the best result against Big D normally people put a point in RS, SM and Amp and then dump all avaialble points in RS. Only stopping to put a point in Clay, GM and Summon Resist. After this they work on maxing SM before trying to max other skills. You may have a hard time when you enter the later acts with this distribution.

BloodyClaws

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
My Skelemancer never uses it --- I prefer to just kill those damned black souls and be done with it, rather than toying around with AI curses.
I agree, I perfer to keep the amp curse up as much as possible. The faster things die the better. :D

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Frozen River in Hell difficulty is a pain in the butt without AI curses, IMO (I prefer Confusion - chaos is fun). It's just a point or two anyway. I say it's worth it.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
I actually tried DV down there, but ended up using Gumby to distract the gloams on the uinreachable side of the rivers, and killing the ones on my side without his help.

When things were under control on my side, I would cast firewalls on the other side and raise some skellies there...

Maybe I'm just too used to working with minions; I might have to give AI curses another try when I put my bonemancer into hell...

conansidekick

Diabloii.Net Member
wow thanks for all the suggestions. i'll keep working on my guy and keep you all posted on my progress. i <3 being a necro.