Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Suggestions for outfitting my mercenary

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lompo, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Lompo

Lompo IncGamers Member

Suggestions for outfitting my mercenary

I'd like to have some suggestion for choosing the most effective cear for a Might merc. for a Barb Conc. in hell.
    Equipment available:
    Armour - actually using Duriel socketed with a +15 res. all jewel; I can afford the rune for upping to elite if is it worthwhile, or should I aim for some other armour (I could try to trade for a Shafstop or something elso or I could afford a rune word like Duress/Gloom);
    Helm - actually using Guillomme; Available are Stealskull or Crown of Thief and I could socket them from Lazurk if needed/usefull
    Weapon - Bonehew and Hone Sudan are available

My consideration regarding the weapons are: with both a baase speed of 0 Bonehew can reach 6 fps socketing 2 shael (reach the 65 ias step) or 6,5 fps with 1 shael (reach 37 ias step), while Hone Sudan cant reach 6 fps (with 3 shael it reach only 60 ias) and needs 2 shaels for 6,5 fps; Bonehew has greater dmg (even if you up Hone sudan) but Hone sudan has a lot of CB.
    None of the two has any LL (which I guess is a must).

I would very tempted with the Honesudan(Shael/shael/amn)/guillomme combo for the CB sacrifying some speed and norm. dmg, but a lot of other combos are possible (I have eventually available a Jewel of fervor for the helms)

As for resistance the merc. is OK with Duriel.

Any suggestion is well accepted

2. San

San IncGamers Member

Hone Sundan socketed with two Shael's and an Amn, Duriel's Shell socketed with IAS j00l, and Guilaumes's socketed with IAS j00l. *Nods* that comes up to 70 IAS in all, which goes over the 65 IAS breakpoint for a 6 FPA jab. And 7% life steal. Just level the merc appropriately, and he won't need any additional resists, besides what he gets from Duriel's.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

The correct fpa vs IAS can be found here.

For Bonehew and Hone Sundan, the WSM 0 Jab table is:
    Code:
    WSM:	0
    IAS	Frames	ActionFrame(s)
    0	|14	|6	|10
    9	|13	|	|
    14	|	|	|9
    20	|12	|	|
    26	|	|5	|
    32	|	|	|8
    37	|11	|	|
    63	|10	|	|
    68	|	|	|7
    86	|	|4	|
    105	|9	|	|
    152	|	|	|6
    200	|8	|	|

So we are looking at either a 10 or 11 fpa for both weapons. I would have one Amn in each weapon, with Shaels in the remaining sockets.

I prefer Duress/Gloom in an eth armour, unless if you happen to have an eth Duriel's for upgrading.

The CB setup is best for boss running, otherwise it is better to have Crown of Thieves or Stealskull for the life leech when PvM.

4. Lompo

Lompo IncGamers Member

Frostburn my Duriel isn't eth, but I dont have any good eth armour available, so I'l keep my armour without upping it till a I found a good eth for runeword.
    As for the weapon/helm set up if following your reason you suggest Bonehew/Stealskull(crown of thief) for normal PvM and switch to HoneSudane/Guillaume when facing superunique/bosses right?
    Socketing a 15%ias J00l in Duriel with the Bonehew/stealskull set up I already hit the 68 bp without socketing Stealskull, while with Honesudane/Guillaume set up I need to socket a 15%ias in the helm to reach the same bp.

5. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Correct. Although I personally would be too lazy to do all that switching, and I would stick with Bonehew/Steaskull/CoT. I'd only use the other setup if I'm boss running a lot.

Only refer to the bp for the next fpa. Forget the ActionFrame... it is there for info only. Otherwise, you are correct.