Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Suggestions for on-the-move streaming/offline devices

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thyiad, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Two mates of mine are running a half marathon (for the NSPCC) and it got me to thinking what would be the best way of listening to things like Spotify and Audible while running? I listen on my phone but that's hardly small and lightweight.

I see a lot of talk about MP3 players, but not so much for streaming.

Both Spotify and Audible have the ability to download but I'm not sure if they can download to an MP3 player.

Any assistance would be appreciated oh techy people.

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

My advice ... run without music. That's what I always do. I find it much better to keep focus, notice what's going on around you, ...

If they do want to run with music ... sorry, can't help I'm afraid :(.

coju likes this.
  3. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

I have a giant armband. I look stupid running anyways, so it doesn't really have an impact. I also have a cheapo ($6) set of teal bluetooth earbuds that look ridiculous, too.

Another option is a cheap, small no contract phone. Download over wifi and use as mp3 player, no service needed. Probably too pricey, but I think you get the idea.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  4. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Interesting ideas there.

They invite me to join them. My sister said "That's not nice. Are they trying to kill you?"

It appears my unfitness is legendary. As a child I was told that I run like Olive Oyle (happy Googling, young 'uns), so it never incited me to do it. That and I have enough issues leaving the house anyway. :D

5. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

He makes a good point. Items make certain sounds when they drop and when you get used to it, you will always know if a charm, ring, jewel, gold, etc. dropped, making it harder to miss and faster to pickup. There may be more things like Baals laugh before each wave of bad guys, I just can't think of any.

Music is still good :) Whatever makes it more enjoyable.

Edit: hahahahaha I am so foolish. I honestly thought he was talking about music while running Diablo, not running. Oh well, I might have given some people a laugh. My reading of English might need some work :p

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    coju and thefranklin like this.
  6. coju

coju IncGamers Member

No -nosound?
    I run without music. I've tried with, just couldn't get my stride right; that, and I missed hearing my own thoughts and the birds, dogs, squirrels, trains, cars, people saying how beautiful my dog is, cute neigbor girl, etc. I do do beats in my head sometimes, so that's like music.
    Running, to me, is also one of those times where I can go enjoy the peace and quite with no music. How often do we have that?

But, I would suggest an armband or holding it. I've took mine but it just gets in the way. Plus I don't like the sound of earphones sloshing.