Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Suggestions for my new amazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Blind568, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Blind568

Blind568 IncGamers Member

Suggestions for my new amazon?

Hi everyone. I just started playing D2 again yesterday, after quitting for about 6 months. Well, I decided to start an amazon. A bowazon, to be exact. I basically followed the build that I used on my old amazons, but I have a few questions. So far Im level 64, and I have put 15 points into multishot, 20 into guided arrow, 20 into valk, and 1 into all prereqs. I also put 1 point into pierce and all of its prereqs. At level 64, that gives me 5 skill points left over. I have also gotten my strength to 70, and put the rest into dex... sort of. I actually have 130 stat points saved now, and Im not sure where to put them. But other than getting my strength to 70 and saving these 130 points, the rest is in dex. So, my questions are as follows:

What should I do with the rest of my skill points? I am going to end up with over 40 skill points left over since Im basically done with my core build (multi/guided/valk). Any suggestions?

Second, what should I do with my stat points? I was planning on going all dex for the most damage possible, but Im not sure if its such a good idea to neglect vitality like that. As it is with my current gear (crappy), Ive got about 250hp in act 5 nightmare. Thats pretty low, and I find that if I get hit more than once, Im dead. Should I put some points into vitality? Or should I just put them all into dex (+ whatever I need for strength to wear my items)?

Finally, this is a little offtopic, but what kind of builds are popular amongst other classes? When I used to play, sorces went nova/Forb or CL/forb, barbs went WW, paladins went blessed hammer etc. What is the "cookie cutter" build for each of the classes now?

Well, thanks to anyone who tries to answer these questions for me.

2. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

ok the short answers first:
    popular builds all depend on what u want to do with your char, but blizz sorc's / meteorb sorc's / Hammerdins / wind druids / WW barb / Strafezon's are all popular and i am sure i have missed builds out.

Now the zon answers:
    As you haven't said what u will be doing with your zon, or what she will be wearing i'll just give you my broad opinion.
    SKILL points:
    - Get peirce upto 70% minimum - some ppl swear by 100%, i am not convinced 100% is vital.
    - Some points into Penetrate (for AR and also bonus to valk), are always usefull.
    - Depending on how much u use your decoy - some extra points here maybe (also boost valk's life so they aren't wasted if you find u don't use decoy much).
    - Critical Strike is always useful for the chance to do double damage so i'd advise getting it upto ~50%

STAT points:
    As you haven't told us anything about your gear i'll assume you know what you will be wearing endgame.
    Str - enough for gear
    Dex - all spare
    Vita - 250hp scares me - i personally refuse to play with any char with <800 hp, my current strafer has 120 vita with gear on = ~880hp. It's probably too much, but it means i can be a little lazy and careless sometimes. If i were to remake her i'd probably settle for 100 vita. Personal preference here, my strafer does nice damage so i don't really miss the points "wasted" in vita.
    Energy - base :p

imho you need to be able to survive one hit from any monster, and 250hp isn't enough by a long way :D, but it's about how u like playing your char. Most guides recommend 50 stat points into vita, some say more, some say much more, but iirc none advise less :D

I'd also really like to stress the importance of a good might merc as he can give u nice boost to damage. (mine lvl 84 merc takes my strafe from 3xx-24xx to 3xx-31xx). Plus an extra meat sheild is always welcome.

3. jren

jren IncGamers Member

skills: for a pure bowazon FrozenArrow/ColdArrow could be a good choice if you have 40 pts left. this will give you that elemental dmg incase of physical immmune monsters. However, keep in mind that FA/CA take obscene ammounts of mana and you will prolly need to chug those mana pots =]. Another option is to build up your passives. Get points in D/A/E as those will prolly help you have a better chance of surviving given your health issue.

stats: how much dex do you have right now? if you have 300 dex, i think that should be sufficient however, the more dex the better for a bowazon. Agreed with the other post, you definitely need to boost your vit so that you have around 800+ health. 250hp just doesnt cut it.

-----
    As for your other question regarding popular builds,
    sorcs: meteor/forb sorcs, blizzard sorcs, and lightning sorcs,
    fireball sorcs(for pvp)

barbs: same as 1.09

palladin: FoH pallies, hammerdins

necros: bone necros, summoner necros

druids: wind druids, fire druids.

zons: javazons

these are the *hotter 1.10 builds. if you are interested then check out the respective forums for builds. Yea, there are others, but from what i have seen, these are the ones ppl make for 1.10

4. Sniper Wolf

Sniper Wolf IncGamers Member

#1, pierce dosen't even work, 1 base is enuf for multi pierce.. w/+4 skills thats 55%, #2 valk only needs 1 base.. it dies one hit pvp, #3, avoids/ddge/evade need to be raised

5. EnDrIn-SK

EnDrIn-SK IncGamers Member

err sniper, i dont think that what u have said is right, yes pierce do work even with multi, valk is not meant to be used on pvp and with dodge avoid evade they are pretty good tanks, but yes, avoid dodge and evade need to be raised, i went with my zon for 5/1/5 on them (the middle one is the worst and it gives with my +skills even more chance to dodge then the other :lol: )

cya

6. jren

jren IncGamers Member

the original poster never said anything about pvp.