Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Suggestions for Lightning Javazon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by essquire, Nov 14, 2006.

1. essquire

essquire Diabloii.Net Member

Suggestions for Lightning Javazon

I made a javazon about 4 days ago and now she is at level 75. Her skills are:
    20 Lightning Fury
    20 Charged Strike
    20 Lightning Strike
    1 In Prequisites
    1 in All Passive and Magic Skills in the middle and the right side only.

And, her equipment is/will be.
    Shako with Um Rune (maybe a Griffons Later on)
    Highlord's Wrath
    Spirit Monarch . Eventually 4 Socket 5/-5 or Phoenix Monarch.
    Titan's Revenage (Ceremonial Javelin)
    Raven Frost
    +2 Javelin and Spear Skills Rare Gloves
    Sandstorm Treks
    Amazon Torch
    AP CoH.

Alright, I am debating whether to go the full lightning javazon route (maxing lightning bolt as well), or to go the tank route (maxing valkyrie to be used as a tank). Also, what other ring should I be wearing? I heard leech is good for this type of zon so should I use a carrion wind or a BK ring?

Also, she does not have a mercenary yet, but I am pretty sure it will eventually be an infinity mercenary, but for now, I will use an Act 1 Mercenary with a Harmony bow (for the vigor aura).

If there's anything you would suggest or if you can answer my questions, please reply!

She is mainly for pure PvM.

*Also, are these girls pretty good for PvM?

2. masttime

masttime Diabloii.Net Member

I dont think theres a better PvM character than a LF zon. I put 1 point into valk, shes still lvl 15 with +skills, and with your BO from CTA she tanks just fine. I went with max light, the dmg you get on CS is amazing. My gear is about the same, except for a few changes. I use PDiamond Stormshield, pretty much just for the block rate and dmg reduce. You can walk into a group of dolls and not even feel it. Boots I use War Travs instead of Treks, not for the mf, which is just a bonus, but for the adds dmg part. That adds about 400-500 dmg on all of your hits, and lets you take down guys you cant kill otherwise, like light+physical immunes that mercs infinity cant break. My 2nd ring is a nice rare one, 6% mana leech, 20 str, 39 cold res, 20 light res, 10 fire/psn res. I found you need a little bit of mana leech or you depend on pots too much. Life leech you have plenty of, you dont need a carrion or BK ring. Try to get eth titans, and upgrade them.

3. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with masttime, it's hard to beat a Lit Zon in PvM.

I'd go with the tank route instead of the full synergy, though. I've made 'em both ways and the one with the valk is more fun to play (at least to me), especially when you run into a LI monster.

4. essquire

essquire Diabloii.Net Member

Well, masttime, I have tried the max block route but I prefer the vitality route on all my characters. That's the reason why I didn't include Stormshield in my current/future inventory. Stormshield is a great shield, but I like to have more life than block on my characters. And on some guides I have read, they say Stormshield is more for PvP (but those are outdated guides).

5. mythos

mythos Diabloii.Net Member

I have a pvp javazon. She uses

Griff
    Cats Eye
    CoH
    Java glove - 2/20ias
    Treks
    Rare belt - 24fhr 25 str lite/fire res
    Raven/BK
    Eth titan - upp'd
    Stormshield

For pvm I switch in pheonix monarch. If i'm doing cows, I don't bother with my infinity merc, if I want to run baal, then I revive him.

The only changes I'd make to your build (based purely on pvm) are:
    cats eye instead of highlords - the frw is awesome
    pheonix monarch - you don't need to worry about mana/life leech ever again!!
    you didn't mention a belt, but I'd use a t-gods.
    when u can afford it upgrade to a griff's - its worth it =]
    Some java gc's/anni will also add to you dmg

If i'm in a 8player chaos then my zon tends to do a lot of the killing, even w/o the merc. CS handles light immunes (must be the physical dmg) or you can just jab. Even in 8player the light immunes can still be killed that way, its just a bit slower.

OT are you essquire from gis?

6. masttime

masttime Diabloii.Net Member

I still have 1.5k life w/o BO from CTA, about 2.4k with. I havent tried Phoenix shield, guess I'll try it though.