Suggestions For a Giveaway

Trekmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Suggestions For a Giveaway

I've been trying to think of ways to conduct a giveaway but none have been very good so far. I want to try something different and avoid the typical , pick a number giveaways.

Any suggestions?

prion

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Suggestions For a Giveaway

pick a unicode symbol

or how about "funniest made up runeword that would actually be possible in the game"

Barabas

Diabloii.Net Member

All characters that begins with "X". From those, all characters that have at least one "_" , from those all characters that sound like swedish, and finally from those remaining, pick the ones which are lvl 66.

Dizzymjewu

Diabloii.Net Member

A running match, naked.

Let all contenders undress in Hell, Harrogath. The person that reaches the Frigid Highlands WP first/alive, or comes most far, wins :grin:

At least, i've been thinking about a contest (with gieb) of such sort. Hide and seek or hiding easter eggs in the game is nice too, though with easter eggs you wouldnt want to risk items vanishing. Solution would be to make it Blood Moor only or something.

Anyway, enough from me here :tongue:

Greizer

Diabloii.Net Member

I can't remember who it was (Coldsmoke maybe?) but someone made a giveaway like this:

1. 7 people pick chars (one char is the GiebMaster, i.e. observer) and they are all leveled together to lvl 9 (to avoid twinking).
2. When all are lvl 9 all enter Blood Moor and battle to the death with only selffound/Charsibought items. You could also try to lvl further in the game by yourself or hide from others (depending on the rules ofc).
3. Last man standing takes the whole price, or whatever is the arrangement.

I was rather sad that I couldn't enter said contest; you could make it a whole sort of tournament so that more people can enter. Winners against winners (with the same chars or new ones), or best 3 against best 3 and so on.

Even though I couldn't enter said gieb, I already know that I would think twice about selling the HR/Eni/whatever that I have (virtually) taken from another player's cold, dead hands... :innocent: :mask: :greedy: :jig:

Feer

Diabloii.Net Member

I've always liked the collection competitions, where a certain bunch of obscure items are required to win a prize. But rather than having a long list of things at once, it could be organized so that the prices are divided in to parts and then posted in to a thread at random times, so that you'd get possible winners at all feasible times. For example having one competition for those awake in the morning, another for daytime players and then couple for those playing at evenings/nights.

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member

My suggestion is stop doing damn giebaways - you must run out of stuff at some point :grin: You've got obsessive complusive philanthropy.... you kids!

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member

Reward the return of the old timer.

(yes, I mean me :p)

Best mspaint drawing of something d2 related wins!

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member

the first person to take their underwear off while wearing pants the entire time wins !