Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

suggestion on mf hammerdin :)

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by befkonijn, Mar 22, 2005.

1. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

suggestion on mf hammerdin :)

Hi there, sitting at work and you know getting bored as hell, so i thought of sth :D

i have a naked hammerdin somewhere:

how about following setup for him to do some mf

shako (topaz) = 74
    mara
    zaka
    enigma = ** (for my char)
    gul dagger :D = 100
    chancies = 40
    soj
    nagel = 28
    goldwrap = 30
    war travs = 36

2 x pcombats
    rest mf sc's and gheeds (=139)

that's about 500++ mf and no problems with cold immunes or whatever immunes on mf sorces, and i think the killing power will be decent

shako +2 enigma +2 zaka +2 mara +2 soj +1 = +9 all
    2 skillers + 2 zaka = +4 combat (+13 combats)

lvl 33 hammer, 29 conc and 500+ mf

now to you experts will the dmg be any good? (cant calc right now coz company seems to restrict the skill planner website :p)

thx in advance

grtz bef

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Hammerdins have enough power to take down bosses in seconds. So you won't need to worry much about killing power. Setup looks good but teleporting pretty slow.

3. arekkusu

arekkusu IncGamers Member

mf hammer

it looks good, i'd suggest keeping a wizspike as your switch for it'd 40 fcr and maybe magefist or trang glove in cube for more fcr, just 4 tele though then switch when u get there.

a little off-topic but how do u trade 4 a gheed when there are so many scammers out there? or do u just find them?

4. arekkusu

arekkusu IncGamers Member

mf hammer

it looks good, i'd suggest keeping a wizspike as your switch for it's 40 fcr and maybe magefist or trang glove in cube for more fcr, just 4 tele though then switch when u get there.

a little off-topic but how do u trade 4 a gheed when there are so many scammers out there? or do u just find them?

5. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Definitely you need more Faster Cast Rate. Now I don't see anything with FCR on you at all.
    Faster Cast Rate breakpoints for Hammerdin are:
    15 frames (base), 14 (9%), 13 (18%), 12 (30%), 11(48%), 10(75%), 9 (125%).
    What's the point in having a big listed damage per hammer, if you're casting 1/3 slower than you should be? Yes, your real damage with 15-frame cast is one-third less than if you had a 10-frame cast with 75% FCR, which is considered optimal for a MF Hammerdin. Getting 125% for 9 frames will make you change too much equipment for FCR, and your MF will suffer quite a bit.
    How to get 75%:
    weapon - Heart of the Oak runeword - 40% (see http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords.shtml for runewords). You can still use Gull on switch for the last kill. Or Wizardspike - 50% FCR;
    Magefists - 20% FCR.
    Last 5% (for Wizzy) or 15% (HotO) - Archanid mesh belt (20%), FCR rings, Caster crafted amulet (if you're lucky, you can get up to 20% FCR, +2 Pala skills and resists).
    Yes, you lose something like +70% Magic find, but greatly raise your killing power and mobility (faster Teleport). 70% MF is not that much, if you count huge diminishing returns on it. If you still want MF, stop on 48% (for instance, HotO + Archanid) for 11 frames, but NOT LESS.

6. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

i have two gheeds, both got them from a friend who plays the ladder, i would not recommend trading them on B.net coz as u said, scammers all over the place! Try trading one here on these forums, most players are trustworthy, at least the ones i know!

@ bullet-tooth-tony: thx for the advice, i will try and reach the 75%, wizzy + arach + 1 fcr ring will suffise then i'll do a fast switch to gul dagger when killing, if i'm switching anyways maybe get myself a 4 isted monarch :D

thx for the replies all!!

grtz bef

7. Jesse80

Jesse80 IncGamers Member

ok I was wondering

I have like 3 pally combat skillers and doing 11k blessed hammer
    should I take them away and put in 7mf sc to add more MF I have 403 right now

right now I have
    37 hoto 4bo CTA on switch
    Pdiamond Hoz
    28 Mara
    1soj
    30 nagel
    48 WT
    40 Gheeds
    93 enigma
    38 chancies
    arch belt

so do you think i'd be alright for killing power if I took out the 3 pcombat and added 9 more mf sc

8. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

Jesse80, I don't think so.
    3x3=9 MF small charms will give you 63 more MF. If you take into consideration diminishing returns, it will give you only 8% better chance (compared to base) or 3% (compared to your current odds) to find uniques, and 18% (compared to base) or 5,5% (to current) chance to find set items.
    I think it would be better to have 1,5k more damage on hammers, than 3% more uniques and 5,5% more sets.