Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

suggestings for Bowasin build (widowmaker)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by dill_myster, May 23, 2005.

1. dill_myster

dill_myster IncGamers Member

suggestings for Bowasin build (widowmaker)

first off I am using big chiefs amasin guide
    I'm not 100% sure about how to do this build so I need all the advice I can
    wether it be gear or altering the build slightly, or even dueling strategy
    get be aware I am nonladder so I can't use anything like dream or spirit
    I had the widowmaker left over from ladder season one so I figured why not?
    the build sounds like a lot of fun

by the way what could I socket my shadow claws with and do lit facets work with traps? and how do pioson charms effect venom'GAs should i bother?

end game of 81
    20 venom
    20Lsentry
    20Dsentry
    20Csentry
    prequisites
    one point wonders

widowmaker 214/5 w/ 40/15ias
    bramble
    trang ouls gloves
    shako w/ 3/5/die/psn facet
    nos coil
    sandstorm trek
    1+ azn skills 8fcr ammy w/ 6Ll
    Pravenfrost
    Bk ring
    2x shadow claws
    shadow grand charms (enough for L17 shadow master)
    pioson small charms some with life

2. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

Hi there, hopefully i can give you a couple of pointers.

First on the facets, I believe the general concensus is that they DO NOT work with traps, so save those babies for trading or something. (you could use poison facets to up your damage from venom, although the bonus would be limited to the pre-buff effects since they are not one the bow)

Also, if your going to use venom then there isn't much need for a bunch of poison charms. The reason is (iirc) all poison sources are reduced in length to match venom. So a 100 over 5 second charm becomes 8 over 0.4 seconds. Not the best boost in the world.

If your going pvm i would swap out those shadow claws (or at least 1) for a 3 trap claw, it will help your trap damage a lot.

The only other gear change i would consider is the amulet. Again if pvm its probably fine, but for dueling you won't need the leech, and the fcr isn't that big a boost. I would get either something with good resists, or a 3 trap or 2 sin skill ammy.

Have fun this is a fun char to play.

3. dill_myster

-this a is a PvP build-

thanks, I was already debating about the ammy perhaps i could use a highlords or cats eye?

now I know not to buy any pdsc's or lit facets

psn facets in shadows wouldn't do anything outside of prebuff
    (what it would do in those parameters I have no clue however)

I have a pair of trap claws I can atleast stash away

what about deadly strike crushing and open wounds? should I try to get some? should i use goreriders over sandstorm?

4. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

You might want to experiment with gore riders. Highlords might also be good to mess around with.

The other thing you could do is try and craft a nice blood belt. These can have 10% open wounds along with some nice mods. I crafted one the other day with 25 str and 68 life but only 2%ow though :(

Since you are using bramble i would also advise you to get some good frw charms or something to speed you up. You are gonna want to be able to stay out of range, so some good run speed is important.

If i were you i would just play around a bit and see what works. If you have a friend who duels and is patient you could duel him over and over with different combos to see what works.

If you ever want to test your rig against a kicker or ww sin I'll be happy to let you. Im on west nl
    *grimkulls

5. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

I like a kicker using widowmaker much more than a trapper.

Basically all your +poison damage gear will be twice as effective since you will use it with widowmaker and with your kicks. It basically plays like a zon that runs much faster, and has the ability to stunlock and tele in for the kill.

6. dill_myster

I might try both builds but I would need some up'd gores or shadow dancers first

7. ClawAvenger

ClawAvenger IncGamers Member

Hi there!

Any suggestions as to how to modify this build into PvM? And how would she fare in hell? What merc should she use? Many thanks.

8. Xiaodaner

Xiaodaner IncGamers Member

I believe a venom kicker with widowmaker and maxed Death Sentry can be quite good in PvM. You can either get close using kick/DS or be faraway using GA/DS.

I think she will be fast.

-----

Now I am thinking about Venom GA/bomber hybrid for pvp. Don't know if it works.

9. wizAdept

wizAdept IncGamers Member

If you are looking for a pvp build you should really consider enigma over bramble.

Keep in mind that though bramble can be used for buffing the initial venom cast, it's additional buff from wearing it in combat does not further increase the damage. The character screen lies. You do less damage than it will state.

From personal experience playing a bowsin I moved from starting out with a bramble build back in 1.10 to a pure enigma build I play now. It's really not worth it to try to stand your ground as a bowsin, its not an amazon, it does not have evade skills, it has mobility and a way to escape using assassin cast rates + teleport. This is how a bowsin should be played imo. Bramble cripples you by not allowing you to have a method of escape. You will be surrounded, you will be pked, that is just what happens to nonenigma assassins in pvp.