Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

successful blizzing

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by fiend!, Mar 3, 2004.

1. fiend!

fiend! Banned

successful blizzing

Created a sorc HCL the other weekend, now level 48. Instinct says restart, but when I'm on HCL restarting is a boring concept and salvaging this character is obviously more appealing. Here's the dilemma: my sorc WAS going to be orb/fireball. Don't ask why. It WAS. So far I've maxed fireball and put one into FO. Could I still successfully use blizzard to kill hell mephisto if I maxed blizz and maxed spike? Be totally blunt, I'm looking for success and speed...if wasting points into fireball will make this character suffer when it comes to running Meph in a detrimental way I'd like to know. If the killing speed is still decent, I'll keep it.

Either way I'll keep the sorc for her fireball and killing Andariel..but thanks for any suggestions you can throw in.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

ya know, i have a sorc that started out being a fireball/orb sorc i see nothing wrong with it. i just had the wrong impression of it. i went for maxed fireball/firebolt then hit lvl 75 or so and had extra skill points. i started dropping them into meteor and regret not maxing meteor instead of firebolt.

it really is just a meteorb sorc that focuses on fireball instead of meteor. but its built the same way. (maybe more fcr or energy if you are using untweaked gear that isn't good even for untweaked gear, but that shouldn't be much of a problem if you mf NM meph first)

as far as other sorcs, blizzard is the fastest at killing meph. meteorb is number 2 (as far as sorcs go anyways). but meteorb is a far more universal build. it has 2 powerful elements.

3. fiend!

fiend! Banned

For hell Meph, would FO/fball work with the moat trick?

There is no way, as far as I know, to be successful with orb/fb and no merc with l337 gear. I don't want to be in range of the fastball at ALL, and the moat trick is the best way to avoid this....pre-1.10 it was cake for a sorc to play dodgeball with mephisto but now that he casts so much quicker it's not the same click and kill thing.

NOT doing meteor was the thrill of this build...and originally I wanted to run Andariel [thus the fireballage] and be able to clear the area in which to kill her [thus the orbage] and now I find that I'm not content with Andy anymore [I already found enough Gheed's to keep my characters happy] and it's time to move on to Meph for the first time since 1.10 was released.

Ok enough of the chatter, none of that was even relevant. Basically, will a fireballing/orbin sorc be able to knock mephisto off his throne consitently and quickly without dying? HCL we're talkin about here, I don't fancy having to return for my corpse, or worse, having my valor remembered.

4. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

true, we should be remembered for our gross incompetence and lack of common sense. for those that aren't lucky enough to have those great qualities to be remembered for, valor is an okay replacement.

orb/FB sorc can do it with "1337" gear, but it won't be as fast or efficient as other sorcs can be.

5. fiend!

fiend! Banned

Well, back to square on I guess....

Is it possible to salvage the sorc back into a Blizzard/FB sorc? Or is that out of the question due to lack of killing speed in Hell?

6. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

depends on what you did to your skill points. a blizzard sorc really needs the 80 skill points in it. without them, it will be significantly weaker. it will work, but it won't be effective.

7. fiend!

fiend! Banned

That's the ticket mate, thankee!

8. Ed_MarloZon

Ed_MarloZon IncGamers Member

I would have to agree I made a Metor/FO sorc a couple monthes ago and then after reading here a bunch decided to make a Pure Blizzard sorc and let me tell you Meph is soo easy now. I think in order to do Meph as fast as most ppl want to do him you have to go single element instead of dual element. I have a friend who has a pure FB sorc who can do Hel Meph runs in under a min. for real I have seen him do it it;s crazy.
    ANyhow I would restart (i know this is a pain) and make a pure Blizzard sorc. I think it will b worth it in the long run.