Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stymied, yet Sublime Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by jamesixgun, Jul 3, 2010.

1. jamesixgun

jamesixgun IncGamers Member

Stymied, yet Sublime Saturdaily

RL: So I have this Saturday morning routine: I wake up late (for me, but way early for most everybody else), and wash my clothes before anyone else wakes up. Well today, I woke up a bit later than usual (7:15am *gasp*) and went out to put clothes in the washer... someone was already in there!!! Oh well. So I'll have a lazier morning than usual. Nice.

So. Now, it's coffee, reading xkcd, waiting for whoever it is (someone I don't recognize) to get through with his 4 loads of clothes, wash clothes, clean up the apartment a bit (maybe even a semi-deep cleaning), hit the grocery, come back here, XFiles, RantBook(tm), and general slothfulness. Woo!

In other news, the get together last night was fun, and just as I expected. The old gang was notoriously bad at scheduling meet-ups: if I wanted to start a party at 8pm, I'd tell everyone to show up at 3:30 or 4, and they might be there by 10. So we were supposed to meet at 7:30. I got a call at 5:30 changing the meeting place (due to rain) and time (to give everyone time to adjust their plans. So watched the traffic and things sounded bad, so i left here at 6:30 and arrived at the newly-arranged meeting place at 7:30 (new time: 8) and sat in the car and listened to the radio until my friend arrived (right on time, surprisingly). Great. So we sat down, 4 of us, they ordered margaritas and beer, I ordered tea, and we chit-chatted and ate chips. At 8:30 a group of people arrived (friends of my friend's husband; I didn't know them, but they seemed friendly) and we chit-chatted and ate chips. At 9 a couple of guys I knew (but never liked at all, and who never liked me at all and, in fact, often threatened to beat me up and/or ran me out of parties and whatnot) arrived, no drama, chit-chat and chips. At 9:30 we decided to order food (I hadn't eaten since 11:30am). At 9:45, another couple of people from back in the day arrived (I was not particularly close to them, but there was no animosity then and smiles all around now). The waiter apparently saw them coming, and held the food order until they had a chance to chit-chat and chips and peruse the menu. So chit-chat and chips, then (finally) food, and then another 6 or 8 of the old crew arrived and were bothered that we'd ordered and eaten without them (but didn't make the scene they would have made 10 years ago, thankfully). And I drank tea and everyone else drank one (or more) of margaritas, beer, or double whiskey-and-cokes, save one guy (one of the group I didn't know), who had just gotten out of rehab for heroin addiction and was on some sort of medication that made him really sick if he touched any inebriants. So they all got a bit high, and then we all left: they went to a bar; I came home.

All in all, a pretty good time. It was good to see my buddy, and good to reconnect with some old acquaintances, and good to find that the agro jock members of the group were no longer agro.

Good times.

[WoT FTW!!!]

D2: unlikely.

2. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Manlged Wrist Saturdaily!

Well, I guess when it rains it pours eh? Have to go for another MRI soon instead of what was spose to be 2 years from now. Went golfing yesteday, second swing of the day caught my club on something. Instant pain swept through my wrist (did I mention I've done almost irreparable damage to both of them). So that went my day of golf, got to ride in the cart for the rest of the day and got my money back which was nice. Because of said issue before, falling asleep was tough. I like to sleep with my right hand under my pillow where my head rests but that sent pain surging. So I couldn't get comfy, pulled just over 2 hours of sleep last night.

D2: At work for almost 18 hours today, might try to re-do a tournament character and try to hit NM Baal or so.

EDIT: I fail, missed the other Saturdaily. I'll copy this there, if a mod (wink wink Thy) wouldn't mind deleting this.
    Sorry!!!

OVG: Nope.

3. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Re: Stymied, yet Sublime Saturdaily

Well, I guess when it rains it pours eh? Have to go for another MRI soon instead of what was spose to be 2 years from now. Went golfing yesteday, second swing of the day caught my club on something. Instant pain swept through my wrist (did I mention I've done almost irreparable damage to both of them). So that went my day of golf, got to ride in the cart for the rest of the day and got my money back which was nice. Because of said issue before, falling asleep was tough. I like to sleep with my right hand under my pillow where my head rests but that sent pain surging. So I couldn't get comfy, pulled just over 2 hours of sleep last night.

D2: At work for almost 18 hours today, might try to re-do a tournament character and try to hit NM Baal or so.

Also, damnit James. As I was writing "my" Saturdaily you posted one!

EDIT: Also good to read that no drama happened James, I also pulled a "not drinking while everyone else is" last night. Although it was with a lot of my good buddies so may have been a bit more enjoyable, but you never know!

4. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

RL: Goofing off pretty much all day. Might BBQ. Might not. It's that kind of day.

D2: Continue running Pits and AT until something happens.

5. jamesixgun

Bwwahahahahaha! All bow before my 1337 daily-making skills!

Thanks. Drama-free is always good. And I wasn't too surprised: time mellows a lot of things, not least people's tendency towards drama (amongst the group of people with which I tend to associate, anyways).

And glad you had a good non-drinking time as well.

6. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

It's not tough for me to do that, besides I had a few drinks the night before on Canada day so it was all fine. Also, when I say few it's like not "few".. it was 5 drinks in about 6 hours.

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

RL: Watched the tennis. With the sound off. Finished off last night's Kung Po Chicken which was lovely.

D2: Yes moved my Necro through Act 4. Diablo is being an expletive so I twinked. Then I died again so am now watching the guys doubles. Think I should have pumped summon resist a bit more. But Confuse is going well. :)

OVG: Yep. Doing an Eden trial while watching the tennis.

8. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

@Thyiad : I can't really watch doubles without seeing Daniel Nestor in the finals, that might just be my Canadian pride there but I just like the style that he and Nenad Zimonjic play. I would be watching Tennis, but the Women's final was an obvious outcome and I think Tomas Berdych could take down Rafael tomorrow if he keeps his play up.

9. jamesixgun

As I don't have a television any more, I have been unable to watch any tennis this year, for the first time in my life. I may have to find somewhere to watch the gentleman's final tomorrow morning, but maybe I'll just let it go this year. I haven't even looked at any of the scores online or anything. And all this after I proclaimed myself one of the biggest fans of tennis in Illinois, New York, or Texas.

Oh well.

(But Berdych/Nadal final sounds like loads of fun, especially if Berdych plays well. I take it he took out Federer? Or did that (somewhat unsurprising these days) honor go to someone else? I guess I could look this up on the interwebs, but 1)Lazy and 2)I think I really will try to avoid tennis this year.)

Edit: I even forgot that the finals were this weekend... Oh well.

10. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

Yes, he took out Federer in a pretty damn good match I must say. Also, if you have bandwith to spare shoot me a pm and I can send you a link. I won't post it publically because that's wrong and Thy will hit me.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Just watch it on the BBC website :p

(Apparently the TV in the lounge doesn't work. I haven't turned it on for three months.)

12. Virtue

Virtue IncGamers Member

So, I went to adjust in my chair at work and even wearing my wrist brace I forgot about my wrist. I put a small bit of weight on it and the pain waves haven't stopped (that was about 2 hours ago now). So pretty much my right hand is useless right now which makes operating a radio show and editing audio into a little bit of a task. The worst part, I brought my laptop to play D2 and I can't unless I do a Pure summoner where clicking is minimal. FML

13. Alfonso the Great

Alfonso the Great IncGamers Member

RL: It's a slow, slow, slow weekend at work. Fie on Fourth of July parades and merriment! People should be sitting indoors after renting from my establishment instead of being in the sun, grilling, and enjoying themselves in a wholesome outside manner! ;)

D2: Not yet. When I get home I'll probably finish up Act 1 my brand-new trapsin and perhaps kill Radament as well. I gambled Hotspur on Thursday!

OVG: I downloaded the free client of Leage of Legends last night. I've never, ever played DotA or its clones before, but I nevertheless found myself up until about 3 AM last night.

14. Vang

Vang IncGamers Member

RL: Nothing to do? Maybe go to a drive in, Airbender and Toy Story 3 would be enjoyable for the little one(well if he stays awake, and they are playing in that order...)

D2: Have to reinstall, so probably no go.

OVG: Conan for the majority

15. XCodes

XCodes IncGamers Member

RL: The most exciting thing happening today is dishes. Maybe I'll watch a movie off Netflix, but at last check my usual internet service is still out. Good thing I've got broadband...

D2: What else is there to do...? Already played some. Advanced my first SC char, a single-pass, full clear skellymancer, through hell today and killed Diablo. Unfortunately suffered my first death in the process. Diablo's AI showed unusual cunning as he tagged me with his frost strike when I got too close and then hosed me. Wouldn't have happened if my cold mage wasn't showing ususual stupidity and kept shooting at Diablo from beyond it's range.

OVG: Might play League of Legends as mentioned by Alfonso, or one of the many really old games I have lying around.

16. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

RL: Noticed blood in my excrement for the second time today. Quite a bit actually so I'll have to pop up to see the doctor tommorow. Probably all that popcorn cutting me up inside.

D2: Had some time travelling issues with CRM and evil forces going askew. Downloaded the installers from blizzard and was very surprised how fast it installed. Both games in under a minute. Also comes with 1.12a. Did 50 Lk's.