Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Style Vs. Damage

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TheKbob, Mar 22, 2004.

1. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Style Vs. Damage

Alright, I am no pally newb, though not made an actual zealot since 1.10 (Necros... mmmmm), but now I know the potential of everyones first shout of the basics zealots weap:

BotD Eth Zerk

I want one, you want one, you mom wants one just cause they are what everyone wants. Well, I want to be different, but also still a good overall zealot.

I found an ethereal Caduceus with no sockets, so thus getting 5 through larzuk, and I was wondering how an Eternity Eth Caddy would stack up and what kind of gear (not too pricey now, will take me 2-3 weeks or more of mfing to prob get those runes on Lad :cheesy: ) should I be looking for a Fant // Zeal Pally.

So basically, I see it as Caddy will be slower base, and less damage, but the looks of that big shiny, see-through hammer in my hand just makes me wanna :drool:

Questions, Comments, Flames?

~Kbob

2. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Thats basically all I do now is try to play with style and go against the grain here. I have a 87 conviction/zealot and a 74 elemental zealot. As for your eternity caddy it's nice but people would most likely complain cause of the slow mod on it. Your best best to be unique is go mf crazy and try to find a good etheral rare. I mean even if it isn't elite it can be upgraded to a nice elite weapon so I would go that route. Etheral Bstar, Nord's are great choices to be different and still do decent damage especially in hell.

Good luck

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Does it have any +skills on it?

Eternity has some nice mods:CB, CBF, Slow, HBT, decent ed and some life leech.

Should work fine. there is a thread on the front page, IIRC, of people listing there Zealot gear, check that out and see what sort of stuff people use

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?p=1611793#post1611793

I found it for you...

4. jajaboo(pO)

jajaboo(pO) Banned

get a eth zoded redeemer or a eth zoded razors edge yeah i use eth botd zerk but i choose to use both of these alot more in duels botd is overated

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Heh everyone wants a BoTD eth zerker because they believe it is the best zealot weapon eh? My my a lot of ignorant people on b.net
    An ethereal zod'ed stormlash totally obliterates a BoTD in damage even against a single target. The minimum damage of the stormlash doesn't matter as the 15% static and 33% crushing blow should wreck anything in seconds.

6. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

not really looking for pvp.

I would like an eth zodded razors edge, though :drool:

~Kbob

7. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

:buddies:
    Yes ur right aboout the static, but only in pvm pvp its a whole new world :buddies:

8. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

It always amazes me how few people seem to know about stormlash, not even how great it is, simply that it exists. Two of my pallys use scourges, an eth eternity, and a stormlash, many times other players will laugh, and ask me why Im hitting things with my Hoto.......

Anyway, I love Eternity as a pvm weapon, go on and make your caddy. The average dmg should be close to a scourge, assuming I did the math right, itll kill plenty fast and look good in the process.

9. memememe173

:thumbsup: Major has it right...PvM is about style...if you can kill things while being stylish then :worship: to you

10. KruxDeValor

KruxDeValor IncGamers Member

on ladder i use a 272% eth cleaver, when i duel its usually 1 - 3 hits. they go boom, and say "botd zerker user" or something like that. i snicker at their stupidity.

11. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Uh, if you mean Butchers Pupil Cleaver that's impossible. Butchers spawn indestructable and therefore not spawn ethereal

:scratch:

~Kbob

12. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

Im sure he means Death Cleaver, the ladder only unique zerker axe.

13. TheKbob

TheKbob IncGamers Member

Ah yes, better understood.

Though, Death Cleaver eth zodded is worth 1 1/2 or more Eth BotD Zerkers...

So I don't get the braggin rights...

~Kbob

14. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Little known fact coming ur way. watch out.. this ones a duzy.

It doesn't matter what range your weapon is for zeal / charge.

yes thats right.

i've tested it with both range 3(botd eth zerk) and range 1 ( botd eth warspike)

and actually i did more damage / and performed better with range 1 then 3.

all range one does is make it so you can charge Closer to the target. Range 3 means you can hit from farther away.

But if you use supporting skills for charge or zeal such as smite or hammer this range 1 charge is quite handy.

another fact

Botd Eth Bezerker has high max but rather low min.

Botd Eth Warspike has High min and Decent Max.

The high min is what really hurts alot during a duel.

So ...range 1 for me is just like a range 3 But with more minimum damage..

its your call.........

15. memememe173

Yay, some one else who supports the importance of consistant average damage in PvP:thumbsup:

16. cloakshape66

cloakshape66 IncGamers Member

yeah I like the war spike more not cuz of the numbers or anything but it just looks plain brutal, its like a little sickle man I would love to get my hands on one of those beauties...

17. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

the fact that u did better with the spike isnt cuz of range...its the min damage thinger...and spike is range 2 not 1...so thats out the window...but yeah min damage is the :king: i actually think thats why power zealots did well in 1.09...+the uniterruptable thing...anywho try and get min damage on rings, amulets and circlets...it helps a lot...along with bloodfists...if you can do 2500-2600 damage...its much better than 1000-4100

phelix

18. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

So wait did you test the range 3 with the range 1 with a friend in a duel or did you just go around killing monsters?

In 1.09 I found that a range 3 weapon would have the first chance to hit when they charged at some one that was charging at them. If the other person was using a range 2 weapon or shorter. I did see a change in charge in 1.10. But all I thought it was is buggy and that when it was not you would run up to a range of 1 then attack in stead of attacking when the person was in your range. Still the person could run away, but that did not mean that a range of 3 would not hit them. Where the shorter range of 1 it did matter.

I think I am rambleing again. I do not mean by what I said in a hurtful way. Just want to get to the dirt. I can not even test now since my real comp went down. I love to test things no matter how dumb it may be.

19. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Style 100%

20. HandofElysium

HandofElysium IncGamers Member

Maybe I can use this puppy then for more style points eh.

http://users.aol.com/drwho74/scepter.jpg