Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupidest modified car

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Jun 23, 2005.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Stupidest modified car

I was having a bad day at work, until lunch time where I got a great laugh. I went to my local Chinese restaurant for takeout and saw the most ridiculous modified car I have ever seen. Allow me to elaborate:

I couldn't exactly tell what kind of car it was, the owner pried off the nameplate from the back. It looked like a grandma type car, not sporty at all. It was older due to the bad paint job and the bondo that showed through. It had the shape of an old Corsica. In addition to the brand and the bad paint job, they installed a spoiler that looked like it was built from an erector set, thin metal that really didn't match the shape of the car. It also had a huge exhaust pipe. Oh, the whole car was painted white, save for the rear view mirror holders that were painted neon pink. In the back window was a fake license that said 'URLOOSER" or something to that effect.

I got out of my car, took one look at it and busted out laughing. It was the funniest thing I have seen in months.

Describe your sightings of horribly modified cars.

2. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Horribly modified cars?

How about most of them? The inherent concept seems silly to me: make a fast car out of a car designed to be slow. By the time you're done, you've probably violated your warranty and your car is now an "experimental" vehicle that has not been thoroughly tested for reliability and safety. ANd in some cases, you may have spent enough money to have just as easily purchased a car that was designed to be fast from the beginning... which, I might add, has a warranty and has been tested thoroughly by the factory.

Granted, many modify their cars for looks, and that's cool... just not my thing... I'll sit there and laugh at the silly looking thing rolling (or bouncing) down the street, but to each his own.

I will give credit where credit is due, however. I've noticed most modded cars seem to be more tastefully done as of late. I don't see cars as much anymore with one black fender, one primer'd ground effects kit, a crushed rear quarter panel, and a spoiler that looks like a park bench.

If I had to think of the silliest thing I've seen... just picking one... it would have to be the 1993 Toyota Tercel, sporting 13-inch steel wheels, 83 horsepower, crappy 12-year old sun faded paint... and a big aluminum flat spoiler (on a FWD car no less) that sat 15 inches above the trunk. In otherwords... it was a crappy stock Tercel with the most hideous spoiler imaginable.

Oh, and I've seen that same spoiler on top of... a Ford Aerostar minivan.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

basically, any car with a giant annoying muffler attached in the end makes me laugh.

4. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

1 Litre Peugeot 106 Chav'd up with a Exahust that you could fit a small child in, bright aqua. Pulled away with the driver revving the ******** out of it sounding similar to a tractor going 15 mph.

More funny than anything :lol:

5. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

6. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Dude! They modded that car like crazy!! How'd they get the steering wheel on the wrong side?

:cool:

7. VaN_haMMerSteIn

VaN_haMMerSteIn IncGamers Member

It's a European car...

8. Chynobi

Chynobi IncGamers Member

Its on the Right side ;)

9. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

I put a dump on my 1959 Chevy station wagon when I was in high school.

Does that count?

:)

10. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

Well, duh.

edit: But, FYI you meant to say "British car" As they are the only country in Europe that drives on the left.

edit2: Why would you take a dump on your car Ilad?

11. VaN_haMMerSteIn

VaN_haMMerSteIn IncGamers Member

Well, don't european cars have steering wheels on the left? Or is that just those crazy brits?
    I am lost.

12. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I've always kind of wanted to get a piece of crap car, like a geo or something equally horrific, and do nothing to the outside, but put a huge engine and turbo and whatnot in it, just to smoke all those silly neons and cavaliers with a big exhaust and a gigantic wing on the back, who think they drive the most badass car around.

(no, I wouldnt really do that... I would feel just as tool-ish driving that, as I feel the drivers of the neons with wings should feel about themselves... but I've always thought the idea of doing that would pretty hilarious)

There are a couple cars like that around where I live, theres a purple neon with a gigantic spoiler, which is probably the most hideous thing I've ever seen, its so flimsy looking. To match the rice-y spoiler, is a ridiculously large exhaust pipe, its like 6 or 7 inches across. Did I mention the racing stripes on the stock neon, with a spoiler and exhaust?

Theres also a civic, light green, with a body kid, a giant spoiler, hood scoop, stupid looking rims and a huge exhaust. This car, purely on looks, has the neon beaten hands down, I guess as the wal-mart modified cars go, this one is up there. What makes me laugh about it (other than its looks) is the fact that, as with most of these cars, it has NOTHING done to it in terms of actual power, and its I believe a dx (base model civic) In other words, this car is all "look at me" with racing stripes, a huge spoiler, and is still going to be damn lucky to hit a buck 20 going downhill.

My car (a 2002 civic, 100% stock) could, if I felt so inclined, smoke either of those cars, and my car is far from a racecar, and I know it. I guess its not the actual look of the cars (though it is downright ridiculous) that amuses me so much, its that the drivers feel like they are oh so badass, driving such a cool "racecar", when in reality, my grandmothers corolla would take either of them.

-Matt

13. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

Matt, the first thing you described is called a "sleeper" - when a car doesnt look like its fast, but it really is. :)

Which i actually would like to do to my car. but anyways

the things i hate are:
    HUGE mufflers
    HUGE aluminum spoilers on cars that have nothing else done to them
    The chrome rims and spinners (on cars that dont look like they should have them - like... most cars)

and stuff that is there for no reason, like body kits and such, when the car really isnt fast at all.

14. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Oh I'd love to do it too, but if I actually had the resources to put a kickass engine into my car, I think honestly, I'd just get a really nice car to put it in. Now, if I was a millionaire, I might well have a sleeper, in addition to my Ferrari...

I must say, if I had a nice car, which actually had some power to it, I'd go around looking for these ricer cars, and try to get them to race me... I have a friend who does just that. He drives a WRX with an upgraded turbo, and when he sees one of them, its not uncommon for him to pass it, and try to get it to race him... quite amusing seeing a car with under 150 horsepower trying to race my friends upgraded turbo WRX.

I could beat them too, but then again, I would feel kind of foolish trying to get someone to have a race with me, in my stock civic...

-Matt

15. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

16. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Aha! So you are unaware of the mighty dump which is welded on the pipe directly below the exhaust manifold. A few twists of the bolts of the dump's connecting plate combined with deftly threading a wire from the plate directly into the cabin ... and, you too, can bypass the muffler and have a roaring 1959 Chevy station wagon (with noise that can be turned off at will).

Hehe ... another idiotic thing I did as a foolish young teenager many years ago.

:D

17. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

18. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Well, that trumps my DB5 :p

19. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i taped a piece of cardboard to my car...i modded it :O

20. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I like a modified car...makes it theirs, instead of the usual. Of course some for sure have different taste..and I dont agree with them on it sometimes. But at least they feel good about their ride. Which I cant say for most.