Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by salvo, Mar 30, 2005.

1. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

Stupid thread

I feel stupid...

From my last MP games i just realized that waypoint can be used to transfer from one act to another. I used to meet Warriv, Meshif, Memph and Tyrael to transfer to next/between act. I never pay enough attention to I II III IV V numbers above the area list and never click on them.

I feel... stupid... lol...

-salvo-

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I'm sure we all have the day like this. hands up who put PT in ali baba (thinking of more MF). I used to be so stupid, that I didn't know how to reroll using the 3 chipped recp back to early 1.09 days.

3. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

I upped a Duriel's Shell once... pity it's still a good armor:

Duriel's Shell
    Great Hauberk
    Defense: 1315
    Durability: 150 of 150
    Required Strength: 118
    Required Level: 63
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 56
    Fingerprint: 0x52e5d5fa
    +15 to Strength
    +7 to Energy
    +169% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist +31%
    Lightning Resist +31%
    Cold Resist +61%
    Poison Resist +31%
    +100 Maximum Durability
    Required Level +7
    Cannot Be Frozen
    +108 to Defense (Based on Character Level)
    +87 to Life (Based on Character Level)
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I once went hunting in the Secret Cow Level for a 4-socketed Monarch, because I wanted to make a kickass Magic Finding shield....One of my friends beat me to it and got a nice Lightning resist shield:)

5. salvo

salvo IncGamers Member

sometimes it is very funny when we look back to the pasts.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I once made a fire druid :lol: ahh, i really was a n00b back then.

7. Chimaira

Yes it is:) My first sorceress was a Diablo I inspired one that thought defence was a very important thing for a sorc....I also had a Burizon who kept putting points in strentgh and was always wondering why her damage didn't improve....My fanatic zealot using a gemmed Cleaver and wanting to be lvl 33 so he could equip the GODLY Kelpie Snare:), Also my first bowazon made it to act IV hell with a gemmed long bow...I'd run out of town spawn freezing arrow until monsters died then go back to town refill mana, and start again...stupid. Leveling my Sorceress to lvl 91 doing only World Stone Keep lvl 2 runs on players 1...before I knew of the glorious player x command...

Edit: Can't compete with Farting Bob...he is the über noob around here.

Edit2: There's also a difference between ignorance and stupidity.

8. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I got as far as diablo normal with D2C with my summoning necro (this was when a skelly could take at most 2 hits from a normal monster, but you had hundreds of them to compensate) on players 1 with completely shop brought stuff. i think i was still wearing 3 or 4 white items when i took on diablo.:cool:

9. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

What's wrong with upgrading Duriel's Shell, I think it's a good armour. I was thinking of upping a 199% I have, does the %ED change or just the base defence?

My proud moments when I was a newbie:
    - When I first started playing over 3.5 years ago, I loved the skills zeal and fanatasism so I switched between the 2 skills. Then someone told me that I could use both skills at the same time and when I did, that blew me away.
    - I noticed that lv1 leap didn't go very far so I put points in it so that I could leap across the moat in Durance 3. Then I discovered leap attack.
    - I used to have a zon that did meph runs with only a langer, let me tell you that was extrememly slow.

10. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I remember my first HC character, a necromancer using two-handed sword, with 1 point in all skills up to level 12 (he died at level 14).

I remember my first Barbarian having a hard time getting through nightmare, I don't remember if I had read anything or so, but I thought it would be very useful to equip as many +skills as possible, then nightmare would be much easier.

11. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

12. Bazhell

Bazhell IncGamers Member

I remember my first character, Conan the barb. I didn't read anything and just started playing. I finally realized around level 8 that I didn't have to max bash before I could use skill point elsewhere.

13. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

Apparently I'm still n00b! Unless you have Ist, what else would you put in there?

14. Disco-neck Ted

Disco-neck Ted The Dark Library

I might be able to "win" this one.

Used to think that the only amulets worth having had + skills, and somehow got the idea that rings could also have +skills.

So I gambled the hell out of rings, since they were cheaper, and then sold them all back since (darn it!) none of them had + skills.

15. Chimaira

A Perfect Topaz in Ali Baba adds lightning damage not MF, same mistake as my Topaz shield that adds lightning resist and not MF...A MF jewel would fit nicely in a Ali Baba...Ist seems a waste, unless you have 9-10 of them:)

16. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

One time ... I logged in to B-net... :D

Sersiously though, my first D2C char (hadn't played D1) I saw that skills only went to lvl 30, so I figured 30 was the max level. Since there were 30 skills the best way to make a char adaptable to all situations must be to put one point in each skill. Thus Felix the paladin was born and a few days later he met Diablo and it literally took over 3 hrs to kill him. I almost ran out of gold just from buying potions to last longer...

17. jrlafrance

Sorry, double post.

18. jrlafrance

OMG! My inner n00bness has been exposed! I probably would have figured that out before I put them in, but still! And I don't know about "wasting" the Ist by socketing the Baba. Another 30-120%MF could go a long way. The only thing though is you would have to use them on switch, cause they swing very slow, and don't do a whole lot of damage.

19. Chimaira

Most MF builds have around 300-600MF and with the severe diminishing returns, those extra 30-120%MF aren't going to amount to much...More is always better but in this case, I wouldn't waste a valuable rune getting just 1-5% extra effective MF, and rather make a Delerium helm or something else really cool. Of course if you can afford to have any MF on your character and rely on a "super" MF switch then it would be a good idea, but then again get another MF'er.

20. Ryoko-Shimo

Ryoko-Shimo Banned

I remember my first amazon i did put all my skills into Cold arrow i was think like this.. "Diablo is made of fire , and if i shoot ice on him he will die fast"