Stupid Things We Did When We Were n00bs

Rosco264

Diabloii.Net Member
Stupid Things We Did When We Were n00bs

I think this is the perfect forum for this topic. It's a warning to all newbs to not do what we did when we didn't know better.

The dumbest thing I think i've ever said or done is when I asked if MF meant mother f____. All i heard was lol for around ten minutes followed by stupid newb for 10 lines.

The dumbest choice I ever made was trading all my money and everything i had for hacked items a day before the patch.... I didn't know they were hacks... :scratch:

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
Stupidest thing I ever did was to beg for items when I first started playing. Took me about 5 minutes to realise tht begging wasn't going to get me anywhere, so i stopped.

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Rosco264 said:
The dumbest thing I think i've ever said or done is when I asked if MF meant mother f____. All i heard was lol for around ten minutes followed by stupid newb for 10 lines.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anywayz, the stupidest thing I did was probably to give someone a bonesnap maul for a "black tower key".(this was back in classic in open battlenet. ) He told me the key would open up the secret portal to the secret cow level. I didn't believe it, but then he actually opened up the portal to the cow level, but I couldn't enter, so he told me I needed the key to enter. So I traded my bonesnap maul for it.

th5418

Banned
I didnt know there were 3 seperate parts to a skill tree. My first char was a barb. All my skills were in combat.

Megamek

Diabloii.Net Member
come to think of it, i never actualy did something stupid being a "newb"
i did do some crazzy things years later tho :innocent:

Fercil

Diabloii.Net Member
I got ripped of my first pair of Magefists by drop trading them with sorc back when they could pick up anything with telekinesis.

Gorny

Banned
Found my first rare sword and thought it was the best weapon there was.

Thought I was godly when I found out that I could freeze & shatter enemies.(Using an plain ole axe socketed with a chipped saph.... while still in act one normal)

Tried to give away minor healing potions ... to no sucess. ( I had randomly entered a baal run game with a level 7 char that was still in act one. Had no idea what a Balal run was...)

Had a 144 def really low modded armor ... thought i had Great armor.

Had no clue what MSLE was (in 1.09) BOY DID I LEARD THE HARD WAY!

Could not understand why my gold vanished when I died. ( the gold in my stash did as I had not that much at the time. I was in a solo game online...)

More that I forget....

fishman

Diabloii.Net Member
First time I played Hardcore and got hit with Iron Maiden, the piece of crap killed me five times before I figured out what the hell was going on, and then realized I was losing experience every time I died. AAAAAAHHHHHH! :rant:

Gorny

Banned
fishman said:
First time I played Hardcore and got hit with Iron Maiden, the piece of crap killed me five times before I figured out what the hell was going on, and then realized I was losing experience every time I died. AAAAAAHHHHHH! :rant:

There is no way you can do that in HC. You only get one life. Perhaps you mean Softcore (SC) ?

warlock_666

Diabloii.Net Member
the only thing i can remember like this is on one of my very first days playing (before i'd even bought expansion) i traded my 2 open socket bardiche for someone else's chipped emerald and chipped sapphire bardiche.

the fact that i traded wasnt the funny thing, the fact that i thought id just bought a godly weapon because it has 1-20 cold damage (or whatever it is) and a bit of PD!

lol.

Gorny

Banned
Thought I was the only one who could make rejuvs.

Thought I was the $%#% when I could make a red portal in act 5.(Anya)

Wondered why I could not make cow games in normal anymore ... It worked before ... :scratch:

Azonian

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember finding a perfect 5/5 cold facet jewel and trading it for an occy when the guy also showed me a legit cham rune .. ><

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Pumping nearly 60 points into energy on my mace barb (who was lucky enough in 1-player to find a Bonesnap).

Pumping such wonderful skills as Howl, Impale, Inner Sight, and various other craptastical fancies.

Always finding a 3-socket spear with Zons and putting chipped skulls in it.

Man. Those were the days.

pliu

Banned
fishman said:
Wow. You are so lucky that you can revive in hardcore LMAO :D :teeth: :evil:

th5418

Banned
aragorn_elessar said:
Thought I was the only one who could make rejuvs.

Thought I was the $%#% when I could make a red portal in act 5.(Anya)

Wondered why I could not make cow games in normal anymore ... It worked before ... :scratch:
Lmao, more aragorn mroe! Your stories are funny.

innorton38

Diabloii.Net Member
When I was a newb? I still am but before 1.10 came out, I'd only played single player and only built one character, a bowazon i took to lvl 50 before I got destroyed by nm ancients a million times and gave the game up till now. Once 1.10 came out, i took the game up again and joined the ladder. About 3 days into the patch and several hours of reading on d2.net, I was doing nm baal runs and found a vampire gaze helm which was cool. . . but it was ethereal, so I sold it to malah. It was 7/8 leech, 19/15 dr and mdr, and 378 def. Still kicking myself for that one. All i have left is my screenshot :(

skilledlord

Diabloii.Net Member
long ago...i was playing single player barb and i got up to normal baal...I killed all his minions then went inside to fight baal. all of the sudden there were 2 baals! and i spent all my full rejuvs pot killing the clone. When i finally killed the clone, i was "o shoot!" and spent the next half an hour in canyon of magi finding red and blue pots so i can make rejuv pots (this was b4 vendors sold mana pots)