Stupid stupid stupid!!!

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Stupid stupid stupid!!!

At about 11:00 today someone just south east of Austin started a 'controlled fire'. The problem with this concept is we are in a drought. To make matters worse, a cold front was moving in which kicked the winds up around 50, yup, 50 mph. The winds were at that point at 7:30 this morning so they were at their peak at 11:00.

Last I heard 150 people have been evacuated in Hays County and they suspect, if they are lucky, they will have this fire under control in 24 hours.

How could the authorities know it was origionally a controlled fire without knowing how, and more importantly, who started it?

What idiot thought he could control a fire in 50 mph winds?

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw this thread title and thought you were calling for my participation!!!!

Anyway, wildfires suck. Hope the wind dies and the rain falls all over it.

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
i also thought this was version 2 of that other thread.

why would you need a controlled fire anyways.

Justinthedeparted

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey... I don't set that big of a fire without having a lot of marshmellows... (I'm pagan, protesters suck)

I gotta say this one: "You know what comes from texas, right?"

wuffnuff

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey... I don't set that big of a fire without having a lot of marshmellows... (I'm pagan, protesters suck)

I gotta say this one: "You know what comes from texas, right?"

My Dad said that to me once. I told him I wasn't a steer. *g* he wasn't so thrilled about the other option, though I got a good laugh at it.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
wuffnuff wins the thread. (Can I do that here? Just hand out thread wins like that? I have been drinking again so I don't know >.< )
You can nominate thread wins but they must be seconded and voted upon by the counsel. The councel meets once a month in a top secret underground location where we bring in hookers, smores and beer.

wuffnuff

Diabloii.Net Member
You can nominate thread wins but they must be seconded and voted upon by the counsel. The councel meets once a month in a top secret underground location where we bring in hookers, smores and beer.

Please tell me the prize for winning is more hookers, smores and beer!