Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stupid question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ssunger, May 2, 2008.

1. ssunger

ssunger IncGamers Member

stupid question

i made a smiter with exile on east non ladder and im keep getting pawn by this up hoz gear smiters.....you guys will think im stupid, but wat is this thing called up hoz??? i know its upgrade zakarum shield but how does stats differ from reg hoz? if you guys have pic please show me.
    thanks

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: stupid question

It means he has used the following cube recipe:

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Single Player, Ladder Only)

This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example Ghost Armor is turned into a Dusk Shroud. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

So Herald of Zakarum is upgraded from Gilded shield into Zakarum shield. Only thing that changes is defence, lvl/str requirements and durability.

3. ssunger

ssunger IncGamers Member

ic, so does up hoz changes smite damage too?

4. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

yes

10 chars

5. vidluft

vidluft IncGamers Member

so HoZ upped (from gilded to Zakarum) gives 46-46 smite dmg in ladder (europe anyway) when u have clan fights with smiter some clans dont allowe exile, dracul and last wish etc couse life tap so thatswhy HoZ is cummon in ladder
    in nonladder its HELL expensive

so hehe i got 6 200% ed upped HoZ with ber will sell them and get $ rich $