Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by robdylan, Jun 3, 2005.

1. robdylan

robdylan IncGamers Member

Stupid question

I've been going on like a stuck record about how I accidentally deleted so much of my good gear. I have two questions, though:

1) How rare is IK armour really? Is it a completely impossible to find item, and as such really worth a lot? Or has the proliferation of people running the Pit made it somewhat of a commodity? Hell - I found two of the damn things in a week.

2) How would you compare deleting IK Armour to a real-world scenario? Is it like burning a $100 bill (stupid, but not absolutely ruinous)? A thousand dollars? A million? I just want to know how bad I should feel about this.

2. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

i've only started running high level areas about 3 weeks, maybe one month ago
    and i have found two of them already
    one in the pits and one from pindle
    but i've heard people not seeing even one single drop in one or two years of playing
    so maybe we (you and me) are entitled to say they are not that rare :) but they are...very

3. robdylan

Hmmm. Four-letter word beginning with f and ending with k. I even gave one of mine away! Good thing, I guess, otherwise I'd probably have deleted both of 'em ;)

4. phatbrava

yeah i thought of giving one of mines away too
    trading it would be an easy way to get some as rare item (like tal's armor, which i badly want - there has been such a swap like 2 or 3 days ago on the SP trading forum)
    but i dont trade

5. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

To me, lost IKSC is like lost $10000 in RL. Been playing since D2C, never seen one drop, same as tal rasha's amulet.

6. robdylan

Jesus. I'm going to have to find something really big to hit myself over the head with.

7. phatbrava

yeah, im waiting for the ammy too...funny thing my bro found it in the chest on the left of meph in NM

8. SimontheBulletFreak

SimontheBulletFreak IncGamers Member

I've been playing D2 since it came out and I've only seen IK armor drop once in WSL 3. But the set that REALLY gets my rage up is the Griz set. I have NEVER seen any piece drop except that *expletive deleted* armor. :rant:

9. supermatt

supermatt IncGamers Member

do you play 1.10? otherwise that's just really unlucky.

in 1.10 i have 2 IK Soul Cage (Pit/Baal's Throne Room, both random monsters) and had 3 Tal's Adjudication (Meph/Baal/dunno) - but gave 1 away this morning. have 2 Tal's Guardianship (Pindle/Baal).

in 1.09 have 2 Tal's Adjudication and 1 or 2 Tal's Guardianship (Pindle)...

:teeth: matt

10. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

This thread is calling my name ....

Well, i'm of the opinion that lucky and fate have much to do with finding IKSC ... and running the right areas/monsters with the right characters with alot of MF ... of course.

I ran Pindle alot ... and I mean alot. I found 5 IKSC off him and one in Hell Pits. Luck? Of course. But you have to put yourself in the position to find one. I ran a Fishymancer with a ton of MF.

I've only found 2 Tal's armors ... none from Pindle or Pits but from the Prowling Dead in Pindle's garden that I blow up almost as an afterthought. Mostly for the occasional rune(s), flawless gems, and tp/id scrolls. Figure that one out.

One Tal's ammy, from Hell Meph. Another boss that I ran over and over and over.

Of course, ask anyone this same kind of question and everyone will have a list of items that they can never find and items that are supposedly rare that they find all the time.

I complained about not finding a Skullder's Ire .. and eventually I found 3-4. Still haven't found a HoZ though.

Luck and Random Number Generator are funny things.

11. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I'd echo Matt's sentiments. They really cranked up the frequency on IK armours in 1.10 - more than 10 times what it was in 1.09, and able to be dropped by far more monsters. I've found two playing entirely ladder/no-trading and I really don't play that often. It's a $100 bill at worst.

Admittedly if I deleted my 1.09 one I'd be a sad panda.

As for Tal's amulet, some items just don't drop for some people. I've found 5 in 1.10 including one with an untwinked HC sorceress (may she survive long enough to wear it! :)) But I'm still yet to find a Skullders or a HoZ in any version.

12. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

I guess it might equal burning a one dollar bill: something to do for fun.
    PLenty of people delete all their items from time to time for a fresh start.

13. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

It's not really a big deal. While the armour is somewhat rare - Set TC87 armour doesn't drop every day - it's nothing you can't live without. I wouldn't liken this to burning real money, it's just a game, after all.

I've recently given away my entire grail-1 and all my SC chars and it's no real loss to me. Guess it all depends on your perspective.

14. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

honestly, were you planning on building an IK barb? If you weren't...it is not all so important to have godly gear in your atma stashes gathering dust.
    don't worry much. look at it this way: next time you do some mf run and find a cham, you might as well end up thinking "geezus, if i haven't burnt all my stuff i wouldn't be mfing now and would have missed this awesome rune!"

As for Tal's ammy I found it on normal (Dac Farren pawnz), and i have been actively playing for a month or so :p

15. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Tal's Ammy is really so rare? Wow, I found one in Normal Travincal (dropped right next to Khalim's Flail) so I thought it couldn't be that hard to get, lol.

Damn man, that sucks bad. I'm sure it could've at least been worth a bit to trade. I accidentally deleted my character with an ethereal near-perfect Ginther's Rift and I was pissed at that.

16. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

The IK's Soul Cage is hard to find, only certain monsters can drop it. Whether or not they'll do so is a matter of luck-- I found two in two days, but haven't seen one since. The key to not becoming frustrated with item runs is not to go in looking for one particular item. There are several rare, highly desirable items in the game. If you keep your eye out for all of them, you're more likely to find something you're looking for than if you only want one. Besides, enough runs should net you something you could trade for the Soul Cage. You can find one being offered in the Trading forums every now and then.

Stony