Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid people on bnet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by 380 Realm, May 9, 2005.

1. 380 Realm

380 Realm IncGamers Member

Stupid people on bnet

Last night, there was this one game with someone asking for a unique wand. I had a Gravenspine so I go in and offer it to him. He goes LOL and says he wants a unique wand. After a few moments of confusion, I say "This IS a unique wand". He starts getting ticked off, saying he wants a unique wand and I had a 'regular' one, even had the nerve to call me a "stupid retarded noob".

Keeping my cool, I tried to get him to tell me exactly what wand it was he wanted but he just kept saying "unique wand" and eventually mentioned he didn't know the name of it. So before I left, I told him something like "Then how is someone supposed to know what to give you?? And you call ME a retard?!? Whatever...".

:rolleyes:

Next time this happens to me, I'll take a screenshot of the message log and let everyone see it.

2. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Hehe, funny story :lol: ! Don't worry about this, even if you had the wand of his dreams (assuming it exists elsewhere than in his mind...), I'm quite sure you couldn't trade it to him, because he would have offer some "Go5U 1337!! StUUfFZ" like Isenhart's case or Sigon's helm :uhhuh:...

3. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

i think wat he meant was, he wanted a unique "WAND"

as in the most basic wand type, which is literally called a WAND

not a bone wand, not a yew wand, but a WAND

a unique 'wand' which i think he would be looking for is;

Torch of Iro
    Wand

One-Hand Damage: 2 To 4 (3 Avg)
    Required Level: 5
    Durability: 15
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +50% Damage To Undead
    Adds 5-9 Fire Damage
    +1 To Necromancer Skill Levels
    +10 To Energy
    Regenerate Mana 5%
    6% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +3 To Light Radius
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

4. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Good story - it really cheered me up this morning. Thanks for sharing. :lol:

Someone should collect all these weird BNet experiences and publish them as a PDF or something. I know I could contribute a few misadventures with odd BNetters.

Possible, but ... I've run into a few deranged BNetters quite similar to our wand fellow - ie. a begger who doesn't even know what he's begging for.

The only other possible theory that comes to mind is that in this guy's skewered plane of thought, the only wands that qualify as "unique" are higher end ones like the Arm of King Leoric or the Blackhand Key. Then again, he didn't even know the name of what he was looking for. Oh man, too funny ... :D

5. CameronFoster

CameronFoster IncGamers Member

I love the title, "Stupid People on Bnet", as if they are all contained online. I myself seem to run into them everywhere. Hehe nice story.

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You thing that story is stupid? How about sorcs that i have met who believe that they can't teleport until they (as sorcs) get enigma. Laughed for a while at that one.

7. Eronak

Eronak IncGamers Member

You mean I can teleport without it?!?!?!

8. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

Don't know if that was sarcasm or not but yes, there is a skill for sorcs called "teleport."

9. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

Wait...Wait...You mean to tell me a sorc truly didn't think she could teleport until...- WHAT?! :eek:

10. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

No, this person playing the sorc actually honestly believed that enigma was necessary for a sorc to teleport

11. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

and when u try to sell 08 valk in game....and they dont even think its worth a pgem cause it doesnt have the +skills of the .1 version :(

12. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Whats a 08Valk? Patch 1.08 Valkyrie Helm on NL? I mean, what are the stats of it? Sorry I didn't play 1.08...

13. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

30%fhr
    30%frw
    30%ias
    30%fcr

all of those on a helm..shael it to give 50%fhr

50%fhr/30%fcr is godly for casters

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

OK let me say some words.

Don't forget that, even if Diablo is an ageing game now, people still keep coming and start to play Diablo. So they are newbies (no offense in using this word), meaning they just begin to play this game. I mean, everyone of us have been newbies at a time. But nowadays, for us who have been playing for years, it can appear a bit weird to meet sorceresses without the basic skills (teleport/static field among others). If you knew how I assigned the stats points of my very first solo Paladin some years ago, you'd fall from your chair (and so would I if I remembered :lol:...).

I myself have met some sorceresses without static field... The problem is that nowadays, for a certain number of people, the way to play D2 is : get rushed, do baalruns, get high-end RW's in whatever way (duping, buying on eBay, stealing/cheating other players with hacks...). There's no (or very few) place anymore for teamplay, XPing / leveling. I regret it, but that's the truth.

A very simple experience to confirm this is to create a game called "Act 1 Begin". You won't have too much trouble to find beginners in NORMAL (you're at least sure to have 3 or 4 advertisers coming regularly in your game :mad:...), but in HELL you're quite sure there will be at least 3 people joining for MFing (andy, mephisto, shenk...) within a minute :rant:. They will quit without a word after their job's done, leaving you with the impossibility to finish your Andy's quest because they have killed her...

Another way to convince you is to join a Baalrun game. Nowadays, 50% (if not even more) of baalgames are played by bots... Isn't it a shame ?...

So now, imagine you're a beginner (i.e. a newbie), will you really play the game the way it's meant to be ? Or just follow the trend ?

One last word, concerning the "unique wand". Funny story, but I remember some years ago when I began to play D2, I was very amazed by unique items. For me, how could two people have that same item, since it was supposed to be unique ? I mean, it's unique, ok good, and I have it. But look, oh my god everybody else has it too :scratch:... Very confusing concept. I think the word "unique" is misleading. I'd have prefered "Exceptional" or something like that (even if this word is confusing too...)

Maybe this guy thought there was only 1 unique wand for all categories of wands. After all, not everybody lurks in the statistics forums and knows about all those unique items... So his question takes full sense. The manner of asking it is somehow contestable. But heh, 12-years old kiddies aren't all well-educated !

Just my 2 cents,
    - Frosty

15. zirilion

zirilion IncGamers Member

dont forget not everyone is english :p (or speaks english well)

16. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Bad English I can handle. Newbies I can handle. Grammarless noobs who think they know more than you do and mess with your games are when I don't mind flaming away. I was hosting Trist Runs with an 88th level character because I was looking for a good skellie prebuff head. Some idiot actually managed to convince all the other noobs that they wouldn't get any XP because I was too high level and they hijacked my game (quit and started another in the same name). No biggie. I just started another one, but they can be frustrating.

Another guy dropped into a "wait for free" game I had going to tell everyone that I was just ripping them off by using them to enhance my MF. Durrr! Yeah, that's the point idiot! I get what I want eventually and they get all the crap I don't need.

17. hoh_majestic

hoh_majestic IncGamers Member

ive been called a idiot for "Not using a hand of justice on my dreamer auradin"

A noob because i wouldnt trade my legit vex (which i was offering for what i cant remember) for a jah. which i told him i didnt need and saw no point in trading for since there was the chance(even if small) that it might vanish(it has happened to me). he then told me it was legit and dropped from forge. Too bad forge only goes up to Gul rune, then the apparently im a retard according to this guy and forge does drop jah so what would i know.

a barb that stacked 4 ort armor 4 ort shield 2 wisp a tgods a 3 ort helm to duel my auradin.

People that join my games "buy xxx item" thinking im selling the item i want to buy . surely logic suggests id put Sell xxx item if i wanted to sell it.

18. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

1.10 killed my favorite b.net noobism

OMG BARB STOP YELLING UR HURTING US!!11

19. RAL2000

RAL2000 IncGamers Member

Some idiot actually managed to convince all the other noobs that they wouldn't get any XP because I was too high level...

Yeah I got that after I joined a tomb running game. I was using about a level 40 barb and someone invited me. Then one guy got everyone yelling at me and the inviter. They all demanded I leave because I was "stealing all their experience". I finally told them I was doing this to have fun and not argue but they ought to learn the rules, then left.

There must be a thread of annoying behavior stories somewhere. My pet peeves are -

* The busted "I cow U" game; you get there and nobody can make. Everyone is standing around cluelessly. I've learned to immediately check for a portal in Tristan or a higher level character before wasting too much time.

* The cows game that is going great, hot and heavy, and some player comes in and starts blabbing away, asking for equipment, asking for wps, wants to see your sword, wants to do everything but cows and then gets all nasty when you don't drop everything to answer him.

* The cows game where you show up and some dork is demanding free equipment nonstop as soon as you walk in the door. I think some people are starting cow named games just to bring in people to hit on.

* You start a game like "help me with Meph" because your character is struggling. Someone pops in and starts demanding free equipment; you try to hit squelch while you are being rushed by hostiles and miss and end up a purple X in the Durance while jabberjaws is still carrying on about needing a good bow.

* I started a game called "BrgChipAmy" because I needed it for a rune conversion and was tired of looking for one chip in Hell level. I found out the hard way that noobs think its a con, I was trying to give one level 3 player a PGem for a chip because I was tired of looking for it and had a zillion pgems and he refused -- as if anyone would take their time to hustle one chipped gem. I got tired of waiting and went out and got involved in killing things. Of the next five people that came into the game, all wanted wps or equipment or something -- not one had a chipped Amethyst. Crazy.

But there are some really decent people out there too. I play for fun; I give a lot of stuff away. And every once in a while someone give something to me, just for fun. I'm hardly a veteran -- just a few chars in the 70s -- but its funny to see through the mask to the people actually playing the game.