Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid Drivers and Odd Accidents

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by skihard, May 27, 2005.

1. skihard

skihard Banned

Stupid Drivers and Odd Accidents

I had the strangest thing happen to my house the other night. I was climbing into bed and heard this LOUD thunk sound not sure what it was I get back out of bed and start waling though my house. Well I make it as far as the kitchen and I see light very close to my house so I look out the window and there is a car in my yard. Some lady had driven off the road and hit the retaining wall in front of my house. What makes it odd is that my house is 300 feet off the road. So she must have fallen asleep or passed out or something but man I was pissed. She also took out the only tree of size in my front yard……stupid drivers

The Tree/Shrub

The Wall

oh and the house in the first picture is my neighbor my driveway runs along the side of his house at the top of that hill

2. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

And That Is Why I Walk. unless my destination is over 3 KM away.

Seriously though...poor tree/shrub, it looked so young...

3. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

WOW, 3 km!!! /sarcasm

Bummer about the tree/wall. Gave me a little chuckle though, sorry.

4. SmokeyTreats

SmokeyTreats IncGamers Member

Nice lawn. =)

Edit: in the 1st pic.

5. MinasMorgul

MinasMorgul IncGamers Member

...I Live in a Small City where everything i need is within 3 KM, Anything Further than that Is off to the Big City... 5 minutes away...at 110 kph.

Not to stray from the thread, im guessing that the driver would be paying for any repairs?

6. skihard

skihard Banned

The second pic is still under construction it will soon be a turn around in front of the wall one of the circle kind, and I'll have flower beds lining the base of the wall and a flower bed with my flag pole in the center of the turn around. Just need more time in my day before i can get all that done.

7. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

look at the whole yard. there is only one tree and the rest is all grass, and she still manages to get it into the tree. Nice job :thumbsup:

8. skihard

skihard Banned

Yes my insurance company is going to pay me then get their money out of the insurance company of person that hit me. All totaled it's $1100 in damage with materials and labor.

9. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

You don't by chance live in the Northeast do you?

And what would one of my posts be without a relevant cnn.com link?

10. skihard

skihard Banned

Michigan which I think is consider the northern Midwest and here is another picture so everyone knows just how lonely my little tree was before the lady took it out.

Lonely Tree
    The tre is top center

This was actually taken to show the ruts that were but in my yard by the Tow truck and guilty car but they don't show up that good, Insurance wants pictures they don't want to come out. Guess they don't like where I live

11. Freemason

Freemason Banned

WHy is it that we give multi-ton pieces of equipment capable of speeds exceeding 100 mph (160kph for the unwashed masses) to emotionally unstable people i.e. women? And then give higher insurance rates to men? I've never understood this.

12. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Did the ambulance come? She could have had some type of medical issue. That happens all the time.

13. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Because guys like to drive recklessly more often than women? I know many guys who take their vehicles off-roading and through some generally dangerous conditions, while I dont know of any women who do this sort of thing.

Back to the original post: it's a good thing that you had that retaining wall there Skihard. If you had a gentle slope up to your house who knows what how far she wouldve gone. Btw, when you get the money from the insurance comapny, is there any way of finding out what caused her to drive so far off the road?

14. skihard

skihard Banned

This was her story to the police officer. I was driving home talking to my boyfriend on my cell phone and I took a drink of Pepsi and found myself in his wall.

The police officer paced off the tracks from where she left the road to where she stopped (thanks to my wall) it came out to 300 yards or 900 feet. She claimed to black out, the officer said that she probably panicked and just doesn’t remember what happened from point to point.

Either way it’s a long damn way to drive a car once you leave the road.

15. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

Well, its kinda good she hit the tree, because it slowed her down.
    Imagine if she didnt, she may have gone further into the wall.