Stupid Deaths

lazyassdre

Diabloii.Net Member
I accidentally killed myself dueling a friend of mine while using Sacrifice. Needlees to say, he was laughing so hard when Custom_THROWdown was slain by Custom_THROWdown. He even called me to hear him laughing. And then he came to school and continued to laugh at me. Wasn't that bad, since I was laughing just as hard.

Color_Wolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok this is in softcore. Someone kinda trapped the travancal wp and i gone in and cleared it. After a BIG battle my sorc was low on life but i did manage to kill all the monsters. Then, I proceed to type "wp cleared", and about to reply a msg to my friend. Then, a ghoul lord in the other room throw a meteor at me and squashed my sorc flat while i was typing. The other teammate was like, nice wp trap.

Joyotoki

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
Let's see...talking to my mother-in-law, on the telephone, which rang just when I was going after Hell Countess in her lair. I got to watch from across the room while all her rogues came flying out and ate me, with my m-i-l yakking in my ear the whole time.

By the way, Joyotoki...your boyfriend sounds like an immature, lazy brat. No offense. I'll bet you could do shades better.

Well, no offense you really have no right to say that. You know him at all. He's the one who bought D2 and the Exp for me in the first place. He got me involved in this forum, and has tried to help me out a lot in the game. He's also a sweet, loving, caring, generous person who's just wonderful to be around. And I probably said that wrong, that he doesn't let me play with anyone beside him-- I just primarily play with him, or solo.

Wolv

Diabloii.Net Member
Using the Arm of Leoric brings amusing deaths on my Nec.

'10% to cast bone prison when struck'

Well appparently walking into those tiny flames is considered 'struck'. I died a small, fiery death as the Arm of Leroic (yeah THANKS!) imprisoned ME inside my own funeral pyre.

It also occasionally imprisons me inside w/ an enemy. WWF style. Beating ANYTHING in hell over the head w/ the Arm of Leoric is laughable....

Xecras

Diabloii.Net Member
When I first played the demo, I never used potions (didn't know how). So basically, I had to travel all the way to Raven without an potion using.

Yeah.

And when I was fighting Baal's biatches with my Barb, the Minions and Lister kept chasing me all around the throne. One Oblivion Knight (Nm, BTW) started IM'ing me. I finally got peeved at the bastard and went right around to swipe his face off. Then, as I was about to smash him, he IM'ed me and well, I was killed in an instant.

Lost over 50,000 gold in that battle.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't get so much übercrap for your machine, hehehehehe. Mine isn't über, but still quite powerful and runs just about everything without even getting much warm (internal heat about 30 degrees and CPU heat at 40-45 degrees max, GPU low heat), and thats despite having a SCSI drive. heh :)

Anyway, my silliest death, was not a hardcore death, but a softcore one.

I was in the Throne of Destruction, going up...a single Black Soul fired a lightning bolt at me (fine np, 1K hp, lightning absorb and 75% resist)...BUT then the ocolous teleported me, BEHIND the Black Soul, two more that could now see me fired at me, yet AGAIN activated the Ocolous, teleported me upwards into a group of blacksouls that fired, AGAIN activating the ocolous, Teleporing me further north right TWO HUGE groups of black souls....ocolous got activated again, teleported me right into the second group

And wham, then I was finally dead...all I got to see was a rapid sequence of teleports...sometimes Ocolous *really* suck.

Yavanna

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolv said:
Using the Arm of Leoric brings amusing deaths on my Nec.

'10% to cast bone prison when struck'

Well appparently walking into those tiny flames is considered 'struck'. I died a small, fiery death as the Arm of Leroic (yeah THANKS!) imprisoned ME inside my own funeral pyre.

It also occasionally imprisons me inside w/ an enemy. WWF style. Beating ANYTHING in hell over the head w/ the Arm of Leoric is laughable....
That has got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while...I'm still laughing.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Joyotoki said:

I believe it's a GeForce4 Ti 4200;
And thank you so much for the advice! I'd been looking into some cooling systems but I'm not as hardware savvy as I'd like to be. I will check out a watercooling system.. then maybe I can get more then 3 seconds into the Unreal Tournament intro before the computer reboots. Heh.

Oh bitter irony. Before I got this computer I died numerous times due to incredible lag... and now this. ;_; Oh how many times I've sworn off d2...
You get a Geforce4 overheated?...then someone must have overclocked it or your fan on it is broken. I have a TI-4200 with a single fan, and it barely gets hot.