Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid Deaths

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Joyotoki, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Joyotoki

Joyotoki IncGamers Member

Stupid Deaths

In What Stupid ways have you Died?

Just now, I was playing with my Level 25 Fire Sorceress in Normal Act4. Hardcore, of course, and least to say I'm a little pissed right now. Because I play with my boyfriend and although he has time to play d2 all day long, he only wants me to play with him while I'm on, and he only plays hardcore, well, I've never seen Act 5 though I've had the Expansion for many many MANY months. (I have beaten the game, but in Softcore and also pre-exp). So, I have a good fire Sorc, she has a TirRal staff and plenty of good skills that kick ***.

I'm doing some leveling up by myself, everything is going well. But, I died. Was it the Knight Immune to Fire? Nope. Was it the Swarms of hellish demons when I was low on mana? Nope. Was is Izual when I accidently ran into him a second time? Nope nope. What was it? My #"#%#* Graphics Card. New computer, custom build, but it has some problems. Very high end GeForce video card, that over heats when playing games despite the 5 fans I have in there. (Gotta invest in a cooling system...) Well, what happens is the screen completely goes crazy, all I see is junk. So, I'm at the River of Flame, and this happens. Unfortunately, it was while I was in a battle with some Blood Maggots and some other nasty things. The video card flips, and I hit the power switch-- but it's not an on/off switch. It's one of those stupid ones that you have to hold down for so many seconds until it shuts off. How many seconds? Enough for me to perish in the River of Flame and go Straight to Hell (Which, ironically, was quite close). The last sorc I had go wacked by an Oblivon Knight in Diablo's fortress. I'm starting to think I'll never see Act5 and to be honest, am quite discouraged after having lost a Sorc I've spent the past week on with items and carefully choosing skills and yeah.... Quite... discouraged....

Anyhow... how about your stupid deaths?

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I've died with several characters in Throne of Destruction by one particular reason: me being too cheap to use one of those full rejuvs.
    1. Achmel poisons me
    2. My life runs down while I kill all the unravelers and Achmel.
    3. I have 1 in life.
    4. I get killed by a mage while on my way to tp to town.

And I never learn...

3. th5418

th5418 Banned

Killed by a zombie in hell while i was fighting it.

4. Youma

Youma IncGamers Member

I'm stupider than all of you, how about playing while waiting for sleeping pills to take effect.. Fortunately she was only lvl21, but it could just as well have been my other character on lvl43.

5. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Getting trapped in a burning house by your teammate.

6. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Joyotoki:

Computer tip:

If you have a 5800 (i belive) or higher, you can get a watercooling system for the videocard alone. For a little extra it comes with a CPU mod. Could help getting your tempature down. Helps more then fans :)

7. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

HAHAHAHAH
    Man i havent laughed so hard in ages!!!! :lol:

One of my favourites is "fatmantan has been slain by an evil force" Courtesy of that sttupid ghost thing in durance 3 next to meph :grrr:

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Character was at level 8.

Forgot I was playing HardCore. D'oh!

I so got me a new avatar...

9. The Dark

The Dark IncGamers Member

killed by quill rats the first game i played in 1.1...

10. pliu

pliu Banned

I never play hardcore. Because my computer not allow me. Why? Because my computer crashed( reboot itself) lot of times during I play my chars. More than half of the times they died. So I never manage lvled my hammerdin to lvl 90 :( (all the exp lost dring the crashes). So the stupid death for my chars are compter crashed.

11. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Kicking barrels, after beating Hell Andariel...I die this way every so often in Diablo, too.

12. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Oh man, the stories I could share about my Ladder Werewolf's misadventures. Sometimes it can be chalked up to my crappy video-card. When there is alot of casting animation going on the graphics can get very choppy at times. During those moments I've done incredibly moronic things like run my butt right into the middle of a doll pack just as the necro CEs them.

My most embarrassing death happened two nights ago. My friends and I ran into several boss packs with overlapping auras in WS2. This was nasty crap and we ended up getting wiped.

We come back down to retrieve our corpses. While the sorcs and necro go off to clean up the bosses, I decide to stand like an idiot at the doorway ... in human form ... without Oak Sage ... naked.

15 seconds later Baal's laughter eminates through the halls and one lightning blast after that, I was dead as a doornail. I was so ashamed. Heck, I'm still trying to get over it.

13. Joyotoki

Joyotoki IncGamers Member

I believe it's a GeForce4 Ti 4200;
    And thank you so much for the advice! I'd been looking into some cooling systems but I'm not as hardware savvy as I'd like to be. I will check out a watercooling system.. then maybe I can get more then 3 seconds into the Unreal Tournament intro before the computer reboots. Heh.

Oh bitter irony. Before I got this computer I died numerous times due to incredible lag... and now this. ;_; Oh how many times I've sworn off d2...

14. wedoz

wedoz IncGamers Member

poisons a ***** aint it lol. especialy after you just kill something hard and you're life's draing away and yet you just kinda hang about when some slimy lil bastard sneeks over to you and sneezes on you and kills you. which could have been prevented if you would have just taken one damn health potion.

15. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

Just another killed by poison really but what the heck....

My lvl 9x mf sorc in 1.09 rushing some friends through Andariel in hell, she gets hit by poison and has 1 life left so I decide to go to town to heal after Andariel is dead as I'm sure I will need the full rejuv later in this game. A single fallen comes towards me and I retreat as I've only one life left straight into a fire on the ground: "Fryling was killed by fire". What really made this look funny was that I had a full inventory from earlier mf so here I get killed by the damned fire and out pops 16 full rejuv potions. Some of the coments I got at this point got some rather rude replies if memory serves me right.....

16. Youma

Youma IncGamers Member

A few high level hardcore near-deaths (far more effective than actual deaths), and your rejuvenation finger will start to get nervous. I allways use full rejuv when I go below 20%, unless I'm back in town already.

17. MixedVariety

MixedVariety Banned

Let's see...talking to my mother-in-law, on the telephone, which rang just when I was going after Hell Countess in her lair. I got to watch from across the room while all her rogues came flying out and ate me, with my m-i-l yakking in my ear the whole time.

By the way, Joyotoki...your boyfriend sounds like an immature, lazy brat. No offense. I'll bet you could do shades better.

18. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Somtimes I'll get killed by fire, or a trap because I have extreme skills.

19. Wraith

Wraith IncGamers Member

Ya know.. nothing will ever beat the death of a hardcore pally that uses a highly damaging weapon with sacrifice and not nearly enough leech to counter act it.

*runs into the blood moor*
    *whacks a zombie a few times*
    *runs up and slaps a fallen with sacrifice*
    SuperPally101 was slain by SuperPally101 :lol:

I've only done that.. ohh.. 12 times now. And yet, it never fails to amaze me every single time.

20. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

How about the cow-bomb in Tristram:"XXXX slain by trap" :clap: