Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stupid Baal runs.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Mr Evil, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

Stupid Baal runs.

Thought I might vent a little about the idiots that populate bnet, in particular the ones to be found in Baal run games. I shall give a couple of examples of the sort of thing that happens:

1) We reach the throne room. Most of the party move quickly ahead towards Baal. One barb and myself prefer to kill the monsters on the way, so we're left on our own. Due to an unfortunate accident we both die. We come back to the throne room and try to recover our corpses, but it's not possible because there are too many monsters (since no one else bothered to kill any on the way). We spend a few minutes running around like headless chickens and I ask for help repeatedly but no one pays any attention. We both then simply run up to everyone else and stand in the corner so we at least get some experience from the rest of the party killing the minions. One of them then has the nerve to tell us that we were leeching!

2) One sorc and myself enter wsk2. Everyone else obviously assumes that the sorc is teleporting because they stay in town. I point this out so some of them come down too. One of these is a barb who decides to run on ahead as fast as possible. He finds the stairs and tells us to come to him, which we do. On entering lvl 3 he runs on ahead again and some more follow him, leaving just three of us by the door with a horde of monsters bearing down on us. One of us dies, the two of us remaining struggle slowly to clear the screen-full of monsters so he can get his corpse back. Meanwhile everyone else is standing at the stairs to the throne room asking us why we aren't following, even though they are close enough to clearly see the corpse. The dead player then leaves just before we finish clearing the monsters, so we tp out and back to the stairs with everyone else. Inexplicably the barb who was running has run off somewhere and died. Everyone leaves.

Feel free to share your experiences!

2. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

Yep, stuff like this happens to me, all people ever care about is getting to to the throne room, they don't bother helping. One time, I was in a game titled "fast baal run" (lol), they expected me to teleport all the way to the throne room, well I accidently got stuck in a pack of monsters and I died. I tried to get my corpse but I died once again. I asked for help but everyone just stayed in town and said "omg noob" or "u suck". Sadly there were six others in the game and they didn't help at all. Just sat in town and waited for a tp from the throne room. I eventually left the game. I would understand if this was hardcore, but it was softcore.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

actually, in HC, people are more willing to help it seems. Espically if its a nasty monster spawn (pit vipers+Burning souls maybe?) people accept that you dont want to teleport around in there, and often the whole party will help. Then again, im not a huge baal run fanatic, so i could be getting lucky and seeing the minority..

4. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

It's not always as bad as the examples I gave, although they do seem the norm. For instance, just today I was in a game where the sorc who was teleporting died, and the whole party went down to help retrieve her corpse. We then worked our way down to Baal together, helping to retrieve several more corpses on the way (damned iron maiden!). It was slow, but great fun.

5. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Unfortunately siince I like playing sorcs I usually wind up being the one expected to teleport....

This one time I was waiting for BO before I teleported, the barb went to the wp, sat there, and asked me why I wasn't going. I asked him to BO me, and he just sat there and was like wtf you noob, why do you need that? And I'm like because my lightning resists suck, now BO me or get to the throne yourself! And he's like fine! He died before he hit the end of the little bridge that's usually near the waypoint. Then he called me a noob for not teleporting. Then he left and following the rules of mass behavior, everyone else left as well except for someone else who agreed with me that the guy was an idiot before he left.

Ugh

6. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

Yup

General rule of thumb is whoever created the game makes his/her way to the throne room.

Dont just sit there and expect a sorc to do it for you. Most of the time sorcs die from teleporting into a pack of champions.

Many a time have i tried to teleport to the throne room even though i didnt create only because no one else will do it. I then die and everyone says.....hahah noob, u died. Thats when i decide to leave. Sure enough i bet they all leave too :rolleyes:

7. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Since Baal runs are the new Cow runs, its easy to see where this kind of behaivior originates from.

Typical Cow run:

People would simply congregate in town. Sometimes you will see some idiotic sorc cast her frozen armor again and again. All the while, mulitiple idiots will be spamming "get leg" or "make" or "party" or "spam". Then I would tell the idiots they should get it themselves (by now I decided to get off my *** too and go get the leg). Some insults are directed back. The dumbest idiots will actually go hostile (not realizing that be doing so they hostile the rest of the party too). When I finally get the leg and drop it in town, some ***hole takes it and leaves.

Then I started so ask who could make before I gave up the leg and if no one bothered to answer I would just leave. If I could make the cow level myself, I usually tried to do it in a the corner of town and get as much exp by myself before others came down.

As for my own baal run ranting, I have joined some public ones where everyone simply left because there was no sorc in the game. Even worse is when you enter a game where no one else seemed to be able to kill anything and all they do is run around dying and attracting more monsters that they can't kill. If the character I was using wasn't a cookie-cutter, this usually meant I died too.