Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stuck on Greater Rifts...help?

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by dibaryon, Feb 8, 2015.

1. dibaryon

dibaryon Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered a 1000 times already but I cannot find it. Here's the deal. I have Diablo III Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition for the Xbox One. I checked to make sure I have Patch 2.1 and I am actually a couple of patches ahead. I have completed the game in solo mode with DH and am now wandering through Adventure Land. This is where my problem starts.

My DH is Lvl 70, Paragon Lvl 49, decently outfitted to my mind. I am playing the game on HARD difficulty.

Moving to Adventure Mode, I found all the bounties and bosses, great stuff! I also found Orek and the Rift
    Obelisk. I have about 22 Rift Keys and I have been opening Rifts and killing Rift Guardians pretty easily. They
    drop a ton of stuff (which I grab) but they also drop what appears to be a red-purple round object which I assume is a Greater Rift Key. Yet when I go to pick it up, the game ALWAYS says, "I can't carry that." or "I don't have room for that." or something like that. I have tried dropping everything and trying to pick it up and it still says I do not have room or space to carry that (item), a GR Key, I am guessing. This is a problem because...I never get to see GR's.

Ideas? Am I overlooking something that is obvious? I tried searching the Forum and the Web but could not find anyone else with this problem. Any help would be much appreciated....

2. Jcakes

Jcakes Diabloii.Net Member

That is blood shards. You can only carry 500 of them at once. Go to Kadala and gamble some items.

Greater rift keys only drop in torment difficulty and they are items like rift keys.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    dibaryon likes this.
  3. dibaryon

Ah, so I need to get myself to Torment Level. Thanks very much!

4. Twibz

Twibz Diabloii.Net Member

I also play on Xbox One mate and can help you out if you need it.

Add me: TeaWibz

dibaryon likes this.
  5. dibaryon

Okay, will do. I managed to gather 3 Keys and make an Infernal Machine of Something or Other...but now in going back and replaying the game and know who the Keywardens are and where they can be found, I have discovered the game does not drop one every time...or every other time.

I guess this makes sense otherwise people would simply be building Infernal Machines of Stuff and Hellfire Amulets and Rings, etc. I think I read somewhere that if you are playing on Torment II and you kill a Keywarden, there is about a 30% chance he will drop a Key. Sound about right?

Thanks again.

j

6. Twibz

Twibz Diabloii.Net Member

The chances of Keywardens dropping keys increase as you increase the difficulty. The Uber bosses once you use the infernal machines also don't always drop the ingredients needed to craft hellfire amulets/rings. So it will take a lot of time and plenty of spares.

It is best to key hunt with a friend regularly because you both get a key (if it drops) and that means you can craft a machine each (so up to 4 attempts if you play with 4 guys).

Good luck with your key hunting!!!

dibaryon likes this.
  7. dibaryon

I noticed that so each player gets a low percentage chance of a drop but if you are hunting items as a group, the chances are much larger of a Key drop because the percentage chance of a drop stacks with more players. Good to know...thanks!

8. korialstraz

korialstraz Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I don't think the chance increase with more players to get the key drop dibaryon. I've not noticed any of the sort, but then again I don't hunt much for keys these days.

However they did change it so that if you play on T6 with a full party, you get a guaranteed drop from the uber bosses, so this is without a doubt best done with a full party. Of course if you can find a group of 4 players to hunt for keys, where everyone are capable of speed farming T6 solo in a 4p game, then hunting for the keys will be rather quick as well.

Alternatively you can farm alone or with 1-2 friends if you don't know anyone else that plays regularily. What you do is after you have enough keys, invite people to your game (via communities) that has the same number of keysets that you do. Typically my group will make the last player of our group (we play as a trio) open up a set of portals or two, to show som good will. Afterwards we're happy with opening up all of ours, and let the random do the last few sets.

So far though none have tried to screw us over in this regard, and in fact most people seem happy to find a group of 3 players that can kill the ubers in a few seconds, so they typically stick around without a fuzz. Some even suggest farming for a couple more keys to get a few more sets going.