Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

stuck in hell with no idea

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Co0lDood, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Co0lDood

Co0lDood IncGamers Member

stuck in hell with no idea

Hey guys, im new to the board and to necros in d2. Sorry in advance this may be long.
    So far im at lvl 85 with 108 unused stats and 32 unused skills.
    Im surviveing ok except when i get hit with lightning.. and i rarley get hit with physical attacks, only complaint is that it takes me forever to kill a monster, and after the moster is dead i usually CE. This is typically going to be my mf char so i want to be efficent and kill fast. it takes me a while to get my army going too. Im deciding to go for Bone/Skele summon. But, im not sure what to put my skills on.

Left side is without +skills.. right side is with +skills
    So far i have
    Summon..
    20 - SM - 30
    20 - RS - 27
    1 - CG - 8
    1 GM - 8
    2 - SR - 9
    1 - IG - 8
    1 - RSM - 8
    3 - Revive - 10

Spells
    1 - Teeth - 3
    3 - CE - 5
    1 - BA - 3
    0 - BP - 3

Curses all of them are the same
    1 with +skill its 8
    amp, weaken, terror, decep, dim V, confuse, and Attract

im planning on being defense instead of vit.
    so far i have
    97 str
    145 dex
    110 vit
    50 eng
    with all my armor and charms on.
    again 108 unused stats

equipment im usen is
    helm = undead crown +3 skele M
    Amul Goldemlord + 3 sum skills
    weapon: Carin Shard +2 sum skill +1 skill
    gloves: Trang +2 curses
    armor: Skuller(ptopaz)
    got some rare trophy, skull emplem? +2 curse +2 BP
    Boots: Aldural
    Belt: Gold wrap
    Ring Nagerl ring and res ring
    Hexing charm: +1 curse

Can someone help me on how to setup my character to be more efficent in hell isntead of takeing 2-3 mins to take on monster down? Thank you very much.

Im planing on getting better equipment later on. Future plan is probley wartrav boots and Enigma. Homlogus with PDimond. I had it but i gave it away to a friend when i didnt have a nec.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Im open minded! thankyou!

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

To increase your damage be sure to Amp any monster that is currently under attack by your Skellies. For extra Hitting Power use an Act II Nightmare Offensive Merc which comes with a built-in Might aura. Use Decrep against tough monsters and bosses.
    The other option is to get more +skills.

Pump some more into CE. You will like what it does for your screen coverage. Killing speed goes way up.

If you are interested in going Hybrid you can either pump your Poison skills or the Bone skills. Guides are available on this forum.

Can't think of anything else. If you need more help, please include some information on your curse style. That could also be the cause.

Oh and to avoid being hit by Lightning be liberal in your use of DV.

3. Co0lDood

Sorry didnt mention anything about my curse style and merc, Thanks for the warm welcome.

I do have a NM Act II Merc (Might) Hes at lvl 83? I do use amp, and i over use it sometimes.. using it over and over cause they arent dieing fast enough. Im very impatient when it comes to killing a monster. =\ Im planning on mabey maxing out CE, depending on how far i have to lvl up on bone to make it effective. My + skills will continue to go up as long as i keep getting better equipment :). sojs, maras. for an example. I seldomly use decep, only on super unique mosnters. and mabey attract when i try to create an army.

The thing is, Im not too sure what to lvl up in my bone tree. I just want to be able to kill a couple of guys so i can CE much faster and raise an army faster. Thanks for your help!

4. snapper316

snapper316 IncGamers Member

AMP + Skellies + Off NM Merc. Nuff Said.

Once the merc gets a bonehew, you raise your army in cold plains/stony field.

A good iron golem or any golem helps.

That's about it. I have 40/35 mast/skele Necro and he kills everything quick. So lemme know. The skels at that level do 450 damage and then on top of that the might aura, about 50-100 more damge, and amp, double damage. So.. pretty easy once you get there. Use your points. And a nec only needs about 50% block to be effective against miniions...but, you already pumped your dex.

I'm level 83. 100/120/200/40 stats.
    No complaints from me. Um'd trang armor, humonc, marrowalks, arach mesh, dwarf star, undead crown(until shako) +3 summon amulet, arm of leoric( i have one, if you wanna trade of need one), trang gloves...

5. Co0lDood

wow, 40 / 35. So what did you use your left over skills on? I have so many skills left over after getting all the stuff I really needed.

And what weapon is typically good for iron golem?

6. Mad Mantis

IG are not good. Not any more at least. Patch 1.10 killed them. Just pump CE. At level 20 it will cover about 9 yards.

7. snapper316

umm. Yeah iron golem's are just fun. I'd rather see a clear one of those runnin around than a clay golem. Also, Just 1 pt in each golem anyway. If you make them out of a good enough item(Ikmaul, bonehew, ethereal edge)they can kill just as well as your skellies. (unlike the 15-20 fire damge fire golem, and the 15-20 slow enemy clay golem)

Oh, and my CE is around 12. I wasted some points in bone skills, about 6, (dont do this!!!!!!!) . Other than that, I found it very hard of where to put skill points. I put some in Golem Mastery, and i have enough in mages with skill points from items and whatever skill points i put in to raise about 9 of those with my 14 skellies. and 13 revives with those(not really necessary)
    Don't be afraid to waste skills, My necro was all set to go around 65-70 I think. 20 mast, 20 skellie, 5 resist, 10 CE, so...not much to cover. :drink: :uhhuh: :winner: :buddies:

8. Co0lDood

yea im planning on make my CE to 20.. i dont really care for golems or mages.. but my skeles are still not killing anything in hell.. after one is down which takes like a min or two.. i would then have to CE.. I dont want to keep waiting for every rush of guys i get..

9. kaervek666

kaervek666 IncGamers Member

I'd suggest playing round with your curses to see what sort of radius you want from CE.

I chose to leave CE at 1 point and go for PN + synergies. It's not very effective in hell but it makes norm/NM MF'ing a lot faster than raising a small army. norm cow king = #1 source of tarnhelms :)

10. snapper316

at 30/27 I was killing fine.....hmmm...... Are you amping everything and its mother?? Sounds like your tactics just aren't good. I can do a 5 player game hell with no problem. Check your tactics for killing.

I only have 12 in CE after skills....

Where's your merc? My minions killed things for a while, even during e time i was leveling a thorns merc (for fun, have now switched to might merc)....

Maybe what you think is "minutes to kill something" or "not killing anything" means you think your skeletons should One hit everything. If 10 skeletons are going against 10 monsters, it's going to take a while. But you'll win. Also, if 10 skeletons are teaming up on 3, it's going to go really fast. Use attract and such to confuse the enemy whiel your dudes hack away

Enjoy the fact you dont have to click so much witha necro, i love it :)

11. Co0lDood

haha yeah.. hmm.. i dont know.. i amp the whole screen.. believe me i go crazy with amp.. with my merc it goes by pretty fast.. but when i die and dont have enough money (50k) it takes me a while to get things going again. For instance while doin a baal run, It takes me a while to run it because i would have to sit there for a while till my skele finishes chopping up monsters.. Oh well.

12. Mad Mantis

You shouldn't die as a Skelliemancer. Your Merc needs to be with you 24/7 and then some.

Use Attract to round up monsters. Then use Amp. The Skellies will have somewhat less trouble with the Monsters.

13. Co0lDood

yea i rarley die.. but once in a while a lightning bolt comes and hits me.. haha

i just timed how long 11 skeles took out to kill an enslave.. actV minion while at frigid.. 11 skeles on one monster.. took about roughly 10 - 11 seconds with amp.. is that normal?

again with 30 SM and 27 RS

14. Mad Mantis

11 Skellies with Amp and Might on a minion Enslaved.

One Skellie does 257-259 damage. With Amp and Might that should be around 918-928 per Skellie if my math is correct.

An Enslaved has 4119-5148 Hp in a single player game. With Minion bonus that is 8283-10296. And he has 25% PI so your Skellies damage drops too 803-812.

Let's assume that every Skellie hits all the time. That means all your Skellies need to hit once and then two need to hit again. That shouldn't take 10 seconds.

15. snapper316

ARGH!!!... RUN LESS :) BE MORE CAREFUL . such is the change that is brought upon by 1.09 to 1.10. in 1.09 you could run hell alllllllllll over and not worry bout dyin. Now with 1.10 BE CAREFUL and stop runnin out in front of your minions so much. Learn the ways of a mancer, not the barb or pally you might be used to.

Mages help. They suck in act 2, but every other act are a decent addition. They die but who cares, raise more.

This post is turning into a booooook.

Cooldood. always always always always raise an army in cold plains or stony field. or right outside rogue encampment, for the love of god the dumb little red things running around out there are so easy to kill.

16. goofycaca

goofycaca IncGamers Member

I used a summon/bone hybrid myself and just finished Hell at level 84.

I would, of course, recommend it. It sounds like you've decided on CE and that will eat up most of the points you have left.

If you decided on the bone route I would max Bone Spear and dump the rest in Bone Spirit. Using Marrowwalks is great for the amped damage as well. This will give you a great peircing weapon to speed up the killing a great deal.

I have only now started using CE on another character, a pure bonemancer, and it seems to me that CE eats up a whole mess of mana. But at low levels, everything eats up mana. You also do not get any synergy bonuses with CE, additional points just add to the kill radius.

Where you'll put your remaining points is truly open after maxing CE, I don't see any of them truly doing enough good. I might add one point to mages just to be able to raise the extra mage.

17. Co0lDood

cool.. alright thanks.. i'll probley max out CE and put the rest in Bone spear and bone spirit.. I'll have couple more +skill stuff.. so i dont wanna waste the point on the mage.. thanks for the help everyone :) your guys rox :thumbsup: