Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Str's/Weakness's of Fcr Kickers.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Davie., Jun 19, 2005.

1. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Str's/Weakness's of Fcr Kickers.

Post from experience plz. I'd really like to hear from speederlander.
    Personally I have no idea what to think...why would you choose this over a ghost ww sin.

2. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

I play a hybrid.

Kicks are better vs. some, ww is better vs. others.

Kicks are more accurate and have better hit recovery inducing potential in that they are faster (they also have better AR).

I usually go:
    Sorcs - pure kick with high OW (fury, jade)
    Wind druids - 80% kick, 20% ww (chaos, fury)
    All pallys - pure ww (chaos + fury or jade dep. on pally type)
    Necros - 70% kick with high OW, 30% ww (chaos + fury)
    Trappers - 90% ww, 10% kick (chaos + fury)
    All other melee besides pallys - pure ww (chaos + fury)
    Bow zons - 60% kick, 40% ww (chaos, fury)
    CS zons - pure kick (chaos, jade)

All these numbers are ballpark and vary dep. on the match-up.

With kicks, I NEVER EVER overshoot. I never get annoying ww lock. I never have to worry about sloppiness. Anyone who is a pure ww who claims they have perfect triangle ww's whenever they want with solid accuracy is fibbing. Over the course of multiple ww's you will make the occasional sloppy ww. And that occasional bad ww is often the spot where you either die or lose the most life. I have yet to see anyone with perfectly accurate ww's every single time on demand.

WW is a great killing skill. But assassins have a shorter range than barbs. As a result, our triangle ww's have to be TIGHTER. Against really fast teleporters, you're going to come up short.

Over and over I tele onto a good dueler with ww only to have them be gone simply because their cast rate is just a fraction faster. Over and over, good fhr chars can escape from WoF/MB lock because their fhr allows them a window in the wake nextdelay.

The faster the teleporter, and the better their fhr, the more I tend to kick. Unless it's a pally, in which case ww-away either just by ww'ing literally away from them (vs. smiters) or via MB name-lock hotkey flash (vs. hammers, FoH, etc.) is the best route.

Further, no matter how good you are at ww, you WILL overshoot over the course of a duel. And by overshoot, I mean be in ww for just an extra second or two. That's not a lot, but it IS long enough for any blizz sorc (for example) worth anything, to one-hit kill you if they see it happen.

You say you have no idea why I would kick ever. That tells me you haven't spent a lot of time playing a good kicker. Kicks simply tend to be superior against fast teleporters.

NOTE: WW sins are NOT ww barbs. We can't use blobs technique of desyncing across the screen with our ww. We move too slowly and our range is too short. What works for barbs does not work for assassins, unless your opponent really has no skill or just lags a lot.

3. NightBladeX

NightBladeX IncGamers Member

wow speedlander must be a good assasin player, i was planning to make a WW kick sin too but im not sure why Dtail is not good for pvp, what if i use a mixture of WW, DT and Dtail?

4. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah IncGamers Member

it's physical damage and fire damage just aren't enough for pvp
    then dtail is also just too slow of a skill to inflict other sources of damage *ahem venom* on an oppenent for pvp effectively

5. NightBladeX

NightBladeX IncGamers Member

ah i c, thanks for the reply. man some of the skills in the game you just can never use to pvp...

6. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

question:should i max venom as a kicker? is it highly recommended, or a kinda, or a make or break skill? cuz currently i don't use it, and i am doing ok w/o.

7. Speederländer

Speederländer IncGamers Member

Venom is the biggest possible source of damage for kick or ww, short of hitting someone with amp on.

8. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

D'OH... so did i entirely screw up by not maxing that?... there is a possibililty that i can...if i get my char to be like 86-90...ok i'll do that :)

9. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Grrr. I wanna make a new fcr based kicker I saw someone I liked in a duel game use. Goes something like Wizspike/SS um'd, 2 asn cast circ and ammy with 15 ias res mod in circ, Ravenfrizzle, Wisp/Dwarf, ShadowDancers, Arachnids, Trangs. I dont remember exactly how it went actually....rather upsetting. It did have hit the 100 ish bp though.

10. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

Yep Ima make that sin.