Strongest single-target killer?

chickenhed

Diabloii.Net Member
Strongest single-target killer?

What class/build do you guys think is the strongest single target killer in the game? I was thinking Dtalon assassin. What do you think?

DougTheHead2

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a Charged Strike zon. No contest.

EDIT: @Gohan, I've never smited, I have no idea how fast it is... maybe I should try it if its that fast 0_0

Ignoring resistances, i would say a CS zon has potentially the biggest attack, although static field can potentailly take the most life with a sinlge attack, on P8 against a very high life monster. CE would beat it on lower /P settings, so builds that use either skill can do enormous damage fast.

nobo

Diabloii.Net Member
DougTheHead2 said:
It's a Charged Strike zon. No contest.
i agree, but maybe a poisondaggermancer with venom (archanid) is as good - i've never tried that.

MFMOFO

Banned
Cs zon with crushing blow equipment. Static is good... but it only works until 50% of the monster's life in hell... so i think CS would do better.

JihadJesus

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, CS doesnt add an AR bonus, but if you can get it to actually physically hit reliably you can tack on CB as well. Man, all that lightning damage with CB behind it as well...toast some prime evil heiny, that will.

MFMOFO

Banned
JihadJesus said:
Well, CS doesnt add an AR bonus, but if you can get it to actually physically hit reliably you can tack on CB as well. Man, all that lightning damage with CB behind it as well...toast some prime evil heiny, that will.
1 point in penetrate(with + skills from equipment) and a demon limb on switch will suffice :thumbsup:

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
JihadJesus said:
If I'm understanding it correctly, CS doesn't need an AR bonus, its an auto hit attack, it never misses. This seems a bit obvious so maybe I'm just missing something.

As for the biggest of the big, just how fast can a Smiter with proper equipment drop hell baal on p8 (not theoretically, actually done with a stopwatch). I can do it is just under a minute with my CS zon without my super gear. If someone here can try it with a well armed smiter and beat that I'll throw on my best gear and see what I get.

tweety

Diabloii.Net Member
My partially synergized blizzard sorc drops p8 Baal in 55 seconds, a fully synergized one could probably do it in about 40.

CS is only fast against large targets like the act bosses in which case all the lightning thingies can hit. On smaller targets its not so fast.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
tweety said:
CS is only fast against large targets like the act bosses in which case all the lightning thingies can hit. On smaller targets its not so fast.
A lot of monsters are large (Infidels, Venom Lords, Frenzytaurs...), medium mosnters goes down quickly too and small monsters have small amount of HP, so it is not a big issue. The worst are ghoul lords (small target and high HP).

JihadJesus

Diabloii.Net Member
tweety said:
fortuntely, a CS 'zon probably also has LF maxed...

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
So how does a CS zon deal with LI's?
Another common way is to just use jab. With one point in jab and 10 or so in plus skills and with the help of a merc and valk most LI's aren't a problem.

LI bosses aren't fun though, The only high HP LI boss I usually run into is Lister, in which case I just park him.

JihadJesus

Diabloii.Net Member
chickenhed said:
So how does a CS zon deal with LI's?
I'd immagine the same way my LF zon does - combo of Jab and a Might merc armed with Hone Sundan and a Gialliume's face.

Kefir-Tribe

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the smiter is faster, though I haven't really tried. Ignore target's block is just so pure evil.