Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strongest build atm?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Sjappie, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Sjappie

Sjappie IncGamers Member

Strongest build atm?

Hey just starting druid for the first time.

I'm searching for a build that is easy, strong and well known.....don't have to be renewing (can even be lame) as long as it kicks ***.

Anybody know which guide I should use?

2. Within

Within IncGamers Member

IMO, there is no strongest build or character..

U can try Wind druid, Fury/Rabies

I believe this two is one of the better build among the all the build.. ^^

3. zallus

zallus IncGamers Member

the strongest build depends on what u are able to spend on equipment

i have a wind druid that is capable of doing any hell mf runs and is also very good at rushing but the equipment to make it possible is very costly

4. Within

Within IncGamers Member

hmm yes, to build a strong character is sure costly,
    my first character is a fury/rabies, quite fun with it but still need better items for pvp.. for me shapeshifting rox... awroooooo

5. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

I've been very happy with the results of my Hunger Bear. Fury wolves will kill faster, but Hunger Bears survive a TON better, which is huge in Hell Hardcore.

Windy Druids are probably the easiest and "uberest" druid build on the market, though.

6. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

I don't think a hell viable wind druid would be that costly. Spirit sword and shield (or 75% blocking shield if you go max block), viper magi armor, rare fcr rings with resists. +2 druid ammy and jalal's mane some junk charms. Merc with reapers and decent armor, maybe upped duriel's shell and rock stopper. Now a Hammer of Thor wind druid, that is a different matter all together.

IMO a helll viable fury druid is more expensive. If you have grief I would look up Puma's vicious coyote, it is hell viable, relatively inexpensive and when your using hunger you can actually regain life while being IM'd.

SSoG is very good at making under used skills work. If you want something really out of the ordinary i'd try the hungry bear, you could do fifty baal runs and not see another bear and if it works in HC it just plain works.

7. Clay bizzle

Clay bizzle IncGamers Member

Cdnexpat laid out a good pvm windy druid on a budget. Good wolfs and bears, especially Fure/Rabies wolfs are real expensive if you are doing anything beyond basic melee. I have two good wolfs, and one I shifted to PvM after a good run at PvP, but then remade another wolf for PvP and it's taking a lot of mf/trading to get him going.

8. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild World of Wolves!!

Sjappie, are you PvM or PvP? I'd lean toward werewolf (but I'm kinda biased)

cheers,
    Kirah

9. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

lvl 90 Maul/Hunger Bear, tough as nails ><

I Baal run people every day, and this build, if you throw on a wizzy, is perfect for the job. with 9.3k life I can land in throne and fend off 10 souls with shockwave while people come through, its a fun build. I found Azurewrath to be a very handy defensive weapon, whereas stormlash is a pretty handy offensive/boss-killing weapon, either one works pretty well. Yeah, fun build.

The way I see it:
    Both can tank like no other, but

Fury Wolf-- offensive power, dominence (therefore, better for pvp)

Maul/Hunger Bear-- defensive power and dominence (therefore better pvm)

10. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I go for the Summoning Druids (im very biased:laugh: ). Give them some uber items and they are a very fun and safe build to play, plus, they dominate! Top end summoners can pull out 2k dmg spirit wolves, 6.5k dmg dire wolves and 19k grizzly's. Theirs a 2 way option here, you could go hunter, and throw on some bow like a widowmaker (safer, but the lack of fanat from beast hurts your summons dmg somewhat:rolleyes: ) or you can throw on a beast and stormsheild and get into the fray, transforming into a bear (through beast to remain pure) and destroying all in your path.

11. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

What kinda damage can a summoner druid pull, in a build that you can actually chase and tele-stomp people with? (I.e., some other backup skill like nado to try to use while you get your dogs on top for eating).

12. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

LOL...wow, I never thought of that but that's actually sorta a good idea.
    Maybe make pure summoner like a "pretend Windy", spam twisters to stun, so when they go for you they get the surprise of their life when your grizzly 20k's their a$$ ^^
    good ideas

13. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Lol, nice... never thought of that. My new goal is to get a.....
    3os druid helm with
    +3 to Grizzly
    +3 to Dire Wolves
    +1 to Twister
    Just to try it out. Would work well just to stun as well, and with that helm... I could remain puure :azn: .

14. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Hahahaha!! I have this graphic visual image of a very shocked bowlegged pally staring at this huge grizzly bear falling on him and smooshing the pally for 20k damage!!! Oh man... that's funny!! (ow, I hurt myself laughing!)

cheers,
    Kirah

15. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Hehe, bow-legged pally's.... their shock would be payment enough.:cool:

16. Jary

Jary IncGamers Member

LOL. I can totally see you just teleporting around like a windy, then when u drop someone they're like, "damn.... what's your nado damage?" or something lol.

Cool thing about that is you could tele around spamming nados or twisters, so people stay at bay, but if u see someone off in the distance u could just cast your bear right on them...and either way as soon as you tele he'll come right back at your side ><
    It'd be hilarious if a bear summoner's damage was so high it got to the point where it could just one-hit every1 on the rhealm... like 30kis lol, the most FEARED player on the rhealm is a lvl 92 Summoner Druid!, dun dun dunnn!

17. naturebunns

naturebunns IncGamers Member

Windy's are easily the most powerful druid especially in pvp

18. sTrd

sTrd IncGamers Member

Everyone keep saying wind druid are the king

i made one wich i planned on using instead of my hdin but ... he is to weak somehow when its only me in the game sure he does good but as soon as there is 1 more he doesnt do enough dmg to help ppl in hell by doing all the work so i got kinda disapointed :(

but thats just me didnt have all the fancy stuff like super pelt deli and stuff just ordinary equip with torch and 2 skillers and i doubt 2 more would have done much diffrence but hey prove me wrong =) i really like to play windy he is tons of fun but just to weak in hell.
    I guess its the 50% phys imune

sorry if im off topic just had to post this
    there might still be hope for him with a lil help from the pros ;)

19. thebigone

thebigone IncGamers Member

i'm not a big fan of windys cause you can't turn off hurricane when around dolls..... :( i'm makin a summoner/hungry bear now....

without getting tons of plus skills and just putting 20 points in dire wolf and grizzly would they be able to kill anything or help or just be a big meat shield?