Strijdje's Windmaster Guide

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
NightBurst said:
Working with Tornado- Be nimble, don't hesitate to move around carefully and quickly test a few angles! When you first run into a pack of new enemies chances are you're gonna toss out a couple tornado's, move a little bit and try a couple more, you may take a couple more steps in the same direction or you might see that the previous two tornados actually ripped nice and cleanly through a worthy amount of enemies and return to the sweet spot.
I never played a winddruid, but I was under impression that if you stand still, move your mouse while holding the button (not targeting monster directly), the pattern of Tornados will change. It should be much better tactic imho.

NightBurst

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
I never played a winddruid, but I was under impression that if you stand still, move your mouse while holding the button (not targeting monster directly), the pattern of Tornados will change. It should be much better tactic imho.
Unfortunately there only seems to be 8 directions(the same amount of directions a character can face I believe) you can shoot towards to change the trajectories. If your enemies are straight ahead of you this makes the 3 directions in back of you useless, then west and east ways are a likely waste of time to aim at.
Alot unlike the light sorc I'm used to, where you can change the trajectory of Lightning even if her body is still facing 1 of the 8 directions.

Weird stuff this tornado is, you should definately give it a try.

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
Hrus said:
hmmm kind of like Frenzying? I'll have to give that a try.

ah, a whole 'nother page. I don't think Nightburst saw my question (or my compliment :D )

Thanks, 30-30 & corax. Think I'll just get my guy's resists up and maybe I'll ask the question in a separate post later or even in the dr00d or stats forum.

NightBurst

Diabloii.Net Member
TrubbaNot said:
hmmm kind of like Frenzying? I'll have to give that a try.

ah, a whole 'nother page. I don't think Nightburst saw my question (or my compliment :D )

Thanks, 30-30 & corax. Think I'll just get my guy's resists up and maybe I'll ask the question in a separate post later or even in the dr00d or stats forum.
Sorry, I skipped to the last page :p

Well, checked the compendium's windy guide today and it says that Cyclone Armor's resists are seperate from yours, they're set at 0. This is bad news for me since high resists weren't hard to come by for this build. The reduced chances of stunlock would've been too good to be true I guess. Some boots with more FRW and sustenance/vita charms will have to do for blitzing huge gloam packs.

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Doesn't tornado has a next-delay of 24 frames ?

So once you hit a monster he can not be hit by another tornado for the next coming second, or actually he can not be hit by any other next-delay attack.

Dunedain

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
Doesn't tornado has a next-delay of 24 frames ?

So once you hit a monster he can not be hit by another tornado for the next coming second, or actually he can not be hit by any other next-delay attack.
Im pretty sure this is incorrect. You can actually hit one big monster twice with one tornade if aimed correctly. I noticed this often on the catacombs' gargoyle traps. Aim the right way and the tornado will sorta curve around the statue hitting it once at the start and once at the end, all this in much less than a second(unless my perception of time is totally wacked, possible during my nonstop d2 benges).

I suppose there is a delay in tornado, or else one would constantly hit an enemy while inside its collision area, but I don't believe it's as long as one second.

NightBurst

Diabloii.Net Member
Dunedain said:
Im pretty sure this is incorrect. You can actually hit one big monster twice with one tornade if aimed correctly. I noticed this often on the catacombs' gargoyle traps. Aim the right way and the tornado will sorta curve around the statue hitting it once at the start and once at the end, all this in much less than a second(unless my perception of time is totally wacked, possible during my nonstop d2 benges).

I suppose there is a delay in tornado, or else one would constantly hit an enemy while inside its collision area, but I don't believe it's as long as one second.
I was informed about the next-delay thing aswell, same as you I also mentioned to the person who informed me that 1 tornado can hit an enemy twice if it curves tightly enough around the enemy. A good way to test this is probably to ditch your merc and anything else that can damage other then your Tornado, pin a large and easy to hit monster against a wall and spam tornados while keeping a close eye at the monster's health bar. The wall will stop tornado preventing it from hitting the same enemy twice. I'm about ready to go to bed so it's too late for me to test this.

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish that I had read this a few days ago before I started my windy. The summons would probably helped a great deal. I maxed hurricance, tornado, twister and oak sage. I am putting points into cyclone armor now. I am playing HC 1.11b RRM/RWM. Painful up until level 30, but really took off after that. I twinked him with all the best gear I had. My first 2 Guardians hellforges were both Guls, so I cubed the vex. My gear is:
HotO
Vipermagi
Frostburns
Thundergods
SoJ x2
+2 druid ammy with 13 resist all
spirit monarch
waterwalks
5 elemental skillers

I crush everything. No close calls, and I rescued anya in act V last night before going to bed. Should finish today hopefully. My hurricane and tornado are at level 37. I have like 2800 life with oak sage. I didnt go with max block...enough str to hit 156 with gear, the rest in vitality. Hasnt been a problem. The guide would have helped me, because i felt that cyclone armor was a waste. maxing it anyway..the summons would help alot in late hell.

bill_n_opus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking of making another Windy myself. It's been a long while ... and now that I have access to stuff like Spirit ... what the hey.

Maybe not the greatest MF'er but twinked up the wazoo it's a fun char to play.

silospen

Diabloii.Net Member
I no this is directed at ron but could i get a link to the new guide?If there is one.This is the thread your taken to in the builds/guides section.
Try the druid forum? Just a thought. I mean, there's a whole forum out there. A whole forum.

SimontheBulletFreak

Diabloii.Net Member
Ron, stop resurrecting old threads.
Just out of curiosity, what is wrong with resurrecting an old thread if you have some new input or comment? I have looked over the SPF stickies and seen nothing which prohibits this. I have seen, on a number of occasions, people telling others who begin new threads that the topic they were discussing were covered in other threads. SO, I'm confused as to which is appropriate: start a new thread or revive an old one.

Clarification?

BTW, Ron good to see you're still doing well over there buddy. Stay safe:thumbsup: