Strijdje's Windmaster Guide

Reborn2k

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
germany?

*quick tommey, let's get out of here before ze germans get here..*

^^
Have you ever been in germany? They all say that we germans don't have humor, but eh... Only because of the WW2? We have our own special humor. You should watch some comedy programs here... hehe... hehehehehhehe.....

Btw, our english teacher comes from england and I absolutely LOVE his rude, black humor! ^^

Randall

Diabloii.Net Member
Bones said:
Wij zijn er al. :uhhuh:
;) I asked a colleague...
If that's supposed to be german, your wrong. (It's dutch)

it should be something like: Wir sind schon da

Randall

Bones

Diabloii.Net Member
Randall said:
If that's supposed to be german, your wrong. (It's dutch)

it should be something like: Wir sind schon da

Randall
:D
It was meant to be dutch, because that's why I asked a dutch collegue to write it down for me. (Es sollte eine Anspielung auf strijdje sein... ;) )

Reborn2k

Diabloii.Net Member
LoL! Took some time until I understood what's going on, but now I got it! ^^

Strijdje: Renn' lieber weg, sonst kriegst du einen auf den Deckel! :)

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
lol, actually, yes, i have been 3 times to germany, speak the language and in the sommer almost 90% of my customers are german....

^^ meh, i could have said belgium, china, etc... it wasnt about ze country..

oops ^^

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
necrolemming said:
"Customers?"
msn name strijdje---------->@work... means im @ work :p and when im @ work, i have customers who want to buy shoes in this awesome store called foot locker, and the part in the netherlands where i live is always crowded with "ze" germans during holidays and esp in the summer.... hence the customers....

now damn spammz0rs, quit spamming me thread :lol:

danc133

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
msn name strijdje---------->@work... means im @ work :p and when im @ work, i have customers who want to buy shoes in this awesome store called foot locker, and the part in the netherlands where i live is always crowded with "ze" germans during holidays and esp in the summer.... hence the customers....

now damn spammz0rs, quit spamming me thread :lol:

Is there going to be an update for the guide?

krzyhobo

Diabloii.Net Member
Bumpity bump. Just curious - is there anything else that was unanimously decided should be added besides a point or several in Grizzly?

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
krzyhobo said:
Bumpity bump. Just curious - is there anything else that was unanimously decided should be added besides a point or several in Grizzly?
I believe strijdje invested into Dire Wolves after all of his initial skills were maxed.

Fuhrmanator

Diabloii.Net Member
Why didn't anyone consider Insight merc?

Hi,

I like this guide a lot... However, this build was only slightly less painful than my strafeazon build. It seems like it takes forever to solo your way up to hurricane skill (much like it was with getting up to strafe). A good merc helps...

I've now started SC Hell with character based on this build. However, I haven't put a single point into Energy, because I have a holy-freeze insight merc. In fact, I still have a ton of unallocated points.

I think that one shouldn't ignore insight for the mana supply - I'm addicted to this ever since using it on my sorc! In fact, I have a slew of insight sticks that I've made since the ladder reset along the way, in various levels of pole weapons.

Keeping your insight merc alive with decent gear is thus key to making the insight variant of this build work. Keeping the oak sage up and healthy is key to keeping your merc alive. In fact, I was attracted to this build thinking it was less cognitive effort to play. The upkeep of oak sage, cyclone armor, ravens, etc. can make it less simple, however. I'm still not sure if it's more or less multi-tasking than a skellimancer. I think the strafer build I have requires the least CPU time in my brain to play.

As for cyclone armor, you only have to go into a Baal run with gloams or souls to see why maxed cyclone armor rocks (I've got level 30, the idea to start this build came to me after finding an elemental skiller with +31 life). :clap: Whoever said he didn't understand why to max cyclone armor obviously hasn't taken on a flock of gloams in an eight-player game :) When CA runs out, you're dead in micro seconds from lightning damage, at least in NM level... I don't have any of the uber gear yet, either. My resists are nothing special.

I have a lidless wall shield that I may soon socket with a P-diamond, to get some better resists. Only starting hell now.

NightBurst

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought I'd point out how easy it is to find some normal or magic pelts that give +Wolves and/or +Fissure. Take advantage of item granted skills! Level 1 Fissure > level 15 Twister.
Recently Pat'd a regular windy of my own so I have some tips on using this build.

Working with Tornado- Be nimble, don't hesitate to move around carefully and quickly test a few angles! When you first run into a pack of new enemies chances are you're gonna toss out a couple tornado's, move a little bit and try a couple more, you may take a couple more steps in the same direction or you might see that the previous two tornados actually ripped nice and cleanly through a worthy amount of enemies and return to the sweet spot.
This skill seems too random and annoying at first but once you get to know tornado better you'll have lots of fun with it.

Hurricane & Cyclone Armor- These two together are what really makes this build a tank, especially against annoying casting NPCs suck as Vampires, Gloams, and Oblivion Knights. Don't be afraid to barge right into a room filled to the brim of Knights and Flayers 'cause this build can handle it without a worry. Same goes for a pack of gloams, they'll only have an advantage on you if you're far away where your Tornados will take ages to reach them when their bolts will rip through an entire screen in the blink of an eye. Blitz them and blow them away. Of 'course just for safety you'll be spamming cyclone armor, with 120+ fcr and in a room full of Fire Ball, Fire Wall, Meteor-spamming vampires I usually cast 1 cyclone for every 5-10 tornados.
Might seem like overkill but my health orb doesn't even get tickled with these guys.

Even with Cyclone Armor resistances are important! Without resistances you'll be stunlocked to obvlivion by every spell casting monster. Get them resists up!

TrubbaNot

Diabloii.Net Member
NightBurst said:
Even with Cyclone Armor resistances are important! Without resistances you'll be stunlocked to obvlivion by every spell casting monster. Get them resists up!
I can't seem to find a proper explanation of the relationship between Cyclone Armor and resists. Would you mind filling me in on why stunlock will occur without sufficient resists? (If I'm just using the wrong search terms, you could just point me to a CA guide, or if you think it's too OT for this guide thread, maybe post a separate thread on it?)

"Working With Tornado" is an excellent mini-guide -- nice post!

Thirty-Thirty

Diabloii.Net Member
TrubbaNot said:
Would you mind filling me in on why stunlock will occur without sufficient resists?
*While no-one is looking, 30-30 offers a possibly flawed explanation*

IIRC, you go into hit recovery if you lose health greater than or equal to 8% of your life. So if your resistances keep the amount of damage you're taking to less than that, you won't be stunned.

As for how it works with Cyclone Armour, I have no idea. I'll hazard a guess that it still calculates hit recovery based on your life, even though the damage is still applied to the Cyclone Armour. (I think resists are checked before Cyclone Armour takes damage, unlike Energy Shield, though as said, I may well be wrong.)

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
Nope.

Resists have no effect on CA IIRC. The damage done to the armour is based on a resist of 0. you absorb the amount of elemental damage listed then the shield is gone. simple enough

unless im wrong. which is probably right.