Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Stressful Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Swiller, May 24, 2008.

1. Swiller

Swiller IncGamers Member

Stressful Saturdaily

It's not quite Saturday here in the U.S, but I reckon it is somewhere in the world.

RL: Not much, getting married later in the day. It's been very hectic lately; running around and worrying over last-minute details. I have this horrible feeling that something will go wrong.

D2: I doubt I'll have time, but if I do: I'll try to level my M'avinazon a little, but my new patriarch will probably get a little action as well. His Frenzy damage is almost 8k with the new Fortitude. :thumbsup:

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Re: Stressful Saturdaily

Bah, I was just about to pop up a Saturdaily, but someone beat me to it :tongue:

>>swiller: Everything will turn out fine. Unless you forget the ring, or your pants for that matter, it's all good.

RL: Have to write the prayers for tomorrow's church service, mow the lawns, and do some other cleaning-type stuff. Going to family friends' place for dinner, and these guys do good food. Nice.

D2: yep. Going to work a frenzied-zerker idea for HC that I've had for a while.

3. Cygnus

Cygnus IncGamers Member

Still Friday evening here as well.

1. You are nuts to even think about D2 on your wedding day.
    2. There is a saying in these parts that the bride can do nothing wrong on her wedding day. It doesn't apply to the groom :tongue: Just kidding, it'll go just fine. Congratulations :thumbsup:

Meh, been a while since I spammed the dailies.

RL: Preparing to leave for LA :prop:. Happy to get out, it's been too much bay area these last two months. Wanted to leave early tomorrow morning, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. If only I spent less time on Internet forums ... :rolleyes:

D2: Yeah, right.

4. rykuss

rykuss Banned

RL: I had my settlement hearing today, it's finally over. I stopped by Walmart on the way home to pick up dog food and Sins of a Solar Empire but their PC Games section was in sore shape. Unfortunately they were sold out of it and a lot of other things. Started to buy DoW: Soulstorm but held out.

D2: Taking a break for a bit. Will be playing more Sins of a Solar Empire as I bought it online when I got home.(Download + Hard copy by mail) I had to have it, NOW! :grin:

5. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

Bad Swiller, no D2 if you're getting married! Congratulations!

RL: Cleaning and going out with friends in the evening.

D2: Maybe start another No-Vita character. Assassin or Paladin.

6. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

Congratulations Swiller! Was about to post a "bloody wasted satrdayl becuase o weddingparty firday", but yours is probably more legit. hope your party takes off some better, seem to remember the groom+bride were still sober yesterday, more or less ;)
    Nothing will go wrong, but you might want to check out the speeches beforehand for 'security reasons' and have orange coveralls and Dick Cheney w/darkroom standing by. If I ever marry, Zybrowka will speak first, the horror!

Anyways, good luck and all that

7. Leto

Leto IncGamers Member

Congrats Swiller!

Enjoy the day, abide by everything the missus says (she can't do or say anything wrong today), remain in a comfortable second plane as the wedding develops (everybody knows it's the bride's and bride's mom's day, you're only there as filler requisite).

One last piece of advice: Two double whiskies before the wedding ceremony are a bad idea, trust me on that one. Luckily I drank naught after it and I didn't disgrace myself during the ceremony.

RL: Rain. Bad sell day surely ensues. Tempted to fire up D2 at the bookshop, but I better don't. I guess I'd rather end reading up Grossman's 'Soon I will be Invincible'. This night we're celebrating a friend's 35th birthday, so I guess dinner and live Jazz music will be in the menu for the night out.

D2: None today for the reasons stated above.

8. TedDeeBoy

TedDeeBoy IncGamers Member

Hey Swiller

Congrats, everyone has nerves about the big day I know I did. Just hope your better half :p and yourself give yourselves a few moments during the day to enjoy it and and just absorb the atmosphere. Your wedding day just flys by. BTW, I doubt you will have the time or desire for d2 today. Still plenty time after your honeymoon for d2

RL : Went to see an AFL match today, watched my AFL side win. Awesome. :thumbsup:

D2: Apart of spamming the dailies, it will be a D2 free Saturday, there is always tomrrow

9. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

@Swiller: I'm not sure if congrads or I'm sorry is more appropriate. Please choose the one that best suits you. So far as D2 on wedding day goes...I didn't play D2 the day I got married, but I did play Magic: The Gathering at my bacholar party. I'm such a frikin dork.

RL: Everyone need to listen to the song "Hail to the Geek" by deaf pedestrians. And I'd say I'm a geek, because I don't think you get 7hd worth of backstab damage at level 12. Supposed to help a friend at his moms house. Should be lots of hard work. Lost my job on Wednesday, have an interview for a new job Tuesday.

D2: I'm not sure. If Mike brings his old laptop we might start our MP charicters (hammerdin/fishy). If he only brings his newer laptop it might end up being NWN. If its neither of those, it may end up being magic. If my wife has her way, there will be no gaming, and we'll be painting one of the rooms upstairs.

10. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Congratulations Swiller! Doubt you'll have any time for your M'avzon if you've got a more important lady to pay attention to :grin:

RL: Not a lot, watching the qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix.

D2: Yes. AT runs with my Blizzwaller, after I found my first ever SoJ yesterday, I'm hoping I haven't used up all of my luck. I did manage to get two pieces of Sigon's set in consecutive boss-packs earlier.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ geep - Happy birthday for yesterday :flowers:

@ Swiller - what are you doing on the net today? :shocked: You'll be fine. If you kept your trousers yesterday then that's a good start.

@ Ashmer - Best of luck for Tuesday. :thumbsup:

RL: Retrieved 4 balls from under the sofa. I'm not sure how they got there as Teagan's toys were all in the garage?. Odd. Still trying to wake up. My sleep patterns are non-existant.

D2: Maybe

12. HellHoundBarb

HellHoundBarb IncGamers Member

That's exactly what I wanted to post :rolleyes:

Well Swiller good luck, everything will turn out fine :wink3:

RL: Homework (like the past week and this complete weekend :cry:)

D2: Don't think so...

HHB

13. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Playing D2/Surfing the Net might actually do Swiller some good.
    At least it calms his nerves...and it does take away some time to think of whether to push through with it or not...no cold feet if you aren't even bothering to feel if it's there. :grin:

On a more serious note, I wish you a good day and a happy ever after.
    I'll gladly trade D2 for something more worthwhile like that...or, maybe not. :tongue:

--maxgerin

14. Swiller

Swiller IncGamers Member

How do you LOSE somebody's haircut reservation?!?!?!? :banghead:

Thanks for the well-wishes, everybody.

15. RIP

RIP IncGamers Member

@Swiller:Big congrats :thumbsup:

Ohh btw, i do not remember much my wedding day, just because i've been tired too much (not drunked :grin:) and party was too short (yeah, small babies like my son must go sleep very early - of course with mum and papa :tongue:)

RL: Need a rest from work and be with my familly (at least until their sleeping time :evil:)

D2:Maby couple of Penthatalon runs in Pit and also lvling one char

16. Explopyro

Explopyro Banned

Swiller, congratulations and best wishes to you. I'm sure everything will turn out well...

17. Jaelen

Jaelen IncGamers Member

Congratulations Swiller and good luck!

RL: Heading over to hang out with some friends.

D2: Been working on Heptad tourney characters.

18. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Congratulation on the nuptials, Swiller. I'm assuming you'll be too busy for D2 over the next day or three, but if you feel spent from all the consummation of your vows, remember that D2 is always there for you. :)

RL: Hanging a light/ceiling fan today, but can't actually hook it up until the backup I'm doing on my parents' computer is done, as I'm not sure if they're on the same circuit, and I can't turn it off mid-backup. The wire color-coding is also different in the fixture mounting point than it is for the fan/light, so I'm gonna have to do some guesswork. White is common, black is live, green is ground, and orange is..? WTF? Maybe I'll soon find out how critters facing my boltress feel like. Zap!

D2: Dunno. Probably just poke about with my boltress on Andy/Duriel/Meph runs. My plan is to at some point HF run for another Ber, then dust off my v1.07 sorcy, and rack-run for nice eth weapons to be a Beast candidate. I don't really have the energy for that today though.