Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strenuous Saturdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fast Eddie, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Diabloii.Net Member

Strenuous Saturdaily

RL: GF and I took a long stroll around our local area today, for the first time since we moved in. Surprisingly for her, she wasn't robbed at knifepoint the minute she stepped out the door (she's very paranoid about crime). We found our local library, our local Doctor's surgery (been on the to-do list for ages), a local garage as well as giving some old clothes and CDs to charity. We still have a lot of cleaning up to do around the house, and I want to do a lot more job/furniture hunting before I rest but it'll be fun to unwind and drink cheap and nasty beer (Carlsberg) in a clean house on a Saturday night.

D2: I lost my L69 HC Static Enchantress in NMA5 last night, in MP with Pijus. It really threw me, and I put the game down for the rest of the night.

OVG: Tried to MP with TheReadMenace but for some reason we couldn't ping each other. I had a 450 ping to Hong Kong, but couldn't get a ping to Texas at all. We could both connect perfectly well all over the interwebs. Very frustrating. It was 2AM my time by then so I packed it in. I bought Civilization III Complete Edition on Steam for £3. I'm playing it on Easy as I haven't played Alpha Centauri for ages and I'm out of practise. It's a lot of fun, but for a pacifist Ghandi's putting up quite a fight to the Roman Empire.

2. nulio

nulio Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Strenuous Saturdaily

RL: Gonna have to work all weekend since I have a deadline next Thursday and nothing done...

D2: Guess not. But would like to make some trav runs to level my WWer.

3. Skjolde

Skjolde Diabloii.Net Member

It's funny, because it's true.

RL: Had 5 hours of sleep. The shift last night were a living nightmare, but atleast the tips was good.

D2: Yes! Going to take my IK barb to the council, maybe do some gear swaps and then go and get some r00nz.

OVG: lol?

4. corax

corax Diabloii.Net Member

RL: possibly the most boring day of work ever. it is however my wifes bday so happy bday to her. still foxy at 27

d2: started a sin. dunno what build yet. i am in love with the respec option

5. zarqu

zarqu Diabloii.Net Member

RL: I seem to have passed out, to my surprise, shortly after watching Kung Fu Hustle last night. No headache or anything. Maybe I'm just sleep deprived. Well, coffee is good.

D2: More planning. Titan barb, poison necro, icemaiden or a trapper. Whatever my future toon will be, the spec will require runes. So off to meet the Council ->

6. jamesixgun

jamesixgun Diabloii.Net Member

Happy Birthday, Ms. Corax!

RL: Been awhile since I visited the SPF: busy/loafing about on other projects. Meh.

So I'm about to get hired on full-time at my job: better health benefits, retirement, vacation, and double the pay FTW. Gogo. I'm excited. One problem, though: there are some forms I need to fill out and a drug test I need to pass, but the HR people will not return my phone or email, or send said forms to me in any other way, so I'm worried—perhaps irrationally, though expected given my 2 years of unemployment—that something has gone wrong and I'm about to be sacked. Anyway. I'm supposed to start on the 11th, so they've got a week to get with me or not.

In other news... there's no other news. Same old story, same old song and dance.

Question: why does text look so awful on Windows boxes? I hunted up my website (currently in redesign) on the IE7 powered workbox and the whole site looks horrid. I'm afraid I'll have to put up a second version of the site with no live text, only pictures, unless I can find a way to make IE display anti-aliased text. I won't have my essays and whatnot looking like that. Jeez. I guess you get to do whatever you want when you have 80% (or whatever) market share.

D2: Not in awhile, but I still get the itch time to time. If I get through with my chores and loafing about today, I might crank it up, or I might get on some Civ3: sounds like fun.

Good to see everyone still around and carrying on, for sure. :wave:

7. LeWoVoc

LeWoVoc Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Party today with the ladyfriend. Fun. Been watching a lot of a British quiz show called Quite Interesting lately. I've learned more useless crap in the past week....

D2: Not today. We should MP sometime, Eddie

OVG: Huh?

8. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Today was so damn boring. My brain almost melted. I was so bared I even took a shower.

D2: Made some progress in D2 though. Got my necromancer from nm wsk2 to hell dark wood. I need better weapons I think. Hopefully can do a few countess runs, and find something to fill the 5 soc thresher that I found.

OVG: I even played TQ today, and made some decent(2 waypoints) progress in that.

9. Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie Diabloii.Net Member

Aren't most people bared when they take a shower? :whistling:

10. CorruptedMollusk

CorruptedMollusk Diabloii.Net Member

RL: Just got the repair guy over to fix my internet after a week without. Thank god for smart phones to at least check basic interwebs and pay bills. Its amazing how much I use the internet for. Did some errands, now its time to watch some football. Go Stanford.

D2: No idea how many Pindle runs I've done. Its a lot. Some nice finds, but not too many of the things I really wanted - but isn't that the way? Perhaps some more today, or I may run my amazon around. Completed the IK set, so I may make a barb to wear it. I have a strange fascination with that set, I've done WW and concentrate barbs with it before, perhaps a leaper?

Have a good rest of the day.

11. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

@FE: Woops :D

12. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, how I loved to see that movie again ^_^.

RL: Ate total of 7 self-made double cheeseburgers with two patties.

D2: Started my Forber. Got rushed to a5 (found a amn during this time, now I should get a 4os sword....). Now to get her leveled.......

OVG: Played more tribes 2 which has turned free now (well since january 2009 but whatever.) Ahh, the memories.
    Watched the GSL finals over the internet. (SC2)