Strengths/Weaknesses

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
Strengths/Weaknesses

I was hoping that maybe you guys would like to post a general thread about some of your favorite PvP builds. I wouldn't recommend posting guides or anything like that, just some general comments about the build.

Things to include:

Name of the build: (BvC Barb, V/T Pally, etc.)
Primary Skills: (This is for the pvp newbs)
Special Equip: (Is there a specific gear that the build requires?)
Strengths: (Does it fare well against certain builds?)
Weaknesses: (Is it prone to certain builds?)
Priv or Pub: (Where do you usually duel?)
General Comments: (Anything else you'd like to add.)

If you used a guide to help with your build, you can also post the link, but it's not really a necessity.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll start...

Name of the build: Hammerdin
Primary Skills: Blessed Hammer, Concentration +synergies
Special Equip: Nothing really specific. Anything with +skills or +fcr will help.
Strengths: Most Melee builds have a hard time with him.
Weaknesses: FB Sorcs and Bone Necros, anything with a long range.
Priv or Pub: Pubs, mostly.
General Comments: It's a pretty easy build that isn't gear intensive (compared to other PvP builds). Leveling him was kinda tough at first, without a main attack. Dueling became MUCH easier after I got Enigma and max fcr. Opponent often gets distracted and loses track of hammers that are flying.

Bigrob

Banned
Knight Terror said:
I'll start...

Name of the build: Hammerdin
Primary Skills: Blessed Hammer, Concentration +synergies
Special Equip: Nothing really specific. Anything with +skills or +fcr will help.
Strengths: Most Melee builds have a hard time with him.
Weaknesses: FB Sorcs and Bone Necros, anything with a long range.
Priv or Pub: Pubs, mostly.
General Comments: It's a pretty easy build that isn't gear intensive (compared to other PvP builds). Leveling him was kinda tough at first, without a main attack. Dueling became MUCH easier after I got Enigma and max fcr. Opponent often gets distracted and loses track of hammers that are flying.
actually, hammerdin is very gear dependent if u want to be able to dish out good hammer dmg. Like without having 10x pcombat gcs just a pain. (u only dish out 6-7k compare to ppl who can dish out 10-13k dmg)

Sh4dovv

Banned
Bigrob said:
actually, hammerdin is very gear dependent if u want to be able to dish out good hammer dmg. Like without having 10x pcombat gcs just a pain. (u only dish out 6-7k compare to ppl who can dish out 10-13k dmg)
not true

i hav a basic cookie cutter hdin with no gc's, he does 11k-11k dmg

with pcombats u only reach 15k max

not rly a huge difference

tho IMO hdin is a bad dueler, relies on town guarding or similar by spamming hammers

Bigrob

Banned
Sh4dovv said:
not true

tho IMO hdin is a bad dueler, relies on town guarding or similar by spamming hammers

are u serious?

then u mean no hammerdin use no combat gcs? if this is the case then they would go for 20life scs.

Bigrob

Banned
Sh4dovv said:
not true

are u serious?

then u mean no hammerdin use no pcombat gcs? if this is the case then they would go for 20life scs. I doubt u can achieve 11k without ANY pcombat gcs.

GodofWar

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes you can get 11k dmg without any +Combat GCs. My hammerdin on USEast Ladder does 11k w/o any combat charms.

This is why so many (just about everyone) has Hammerdins nowadays.

Bigrob

Banned
GodofWar said:
Yes you can get 11k dmg without any +Combat GCs. My hammerdin on USEast Ladder does 11k w/o any combat charms.

This is why so many (just about everyone) has Hammerdins nowadays.
then why ppl still need pcombat gc /w life or fhr? for smiter?

i would just rather use vita sc or fhr/mana sc instead.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
If you'll notice, I list +skill items as a special equip. I also state that it's not gear intensive compared to other builds. Show me the untwinked builds that rival an untwinked Hammerdin. There are none. The point I was trying to make is that my Hammerdin doesn't require hours of item searching in order to be an effective dueler. He can skate by with +skill and +fcr items as these are the only dependent features on his ability to kill. (He doesn't use AR, IAS, DMG or any other attribute or gear dependent factor to kill.)

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
Knight Terror said:
If you'll notice, I list +skill items as a special equip. I also state that it's not gear intensive compared to other builds. Show me the untwinked builds that rival an untwinked Hammerdin. There are none. The point I was trying to make is that my Hammerdin doesn't require hours of item searching in order to be an effective dueler. He can skate by with +skill and +fcr items as these are the only dependent features on his ability to kill. (He doesn't use AR, IAS, DMG or any other attribute or gear dependent factor to kill.)
only build I can name that would rival it is a summoner necromancer. all other builds need loads of gear and as far as pvp goes, a sorc would probably be best for untwinked.

--welt

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Name of the build: BvC WW Barb
Primary Skills: Err WW
Special Equip: Enigma
Strengths: All Builds
Weaknesses: Max Block 50%DR High Def BvBers
Priv or Pub: Everywhere
General Comments: Gimme those max/ar/life charms!

asdfghjk

Diabloii.Net Member
Name of the build: Plague-a-zon

Primary Skills: Posion Javelin, Plauge Javelin

Special Equip: None!

Strengths: -The psn damage can get up to around 100k! ; There are only two skills to max.. making it a very versatile build, and many ways to build it ; The enemy's health is drained to 1 hp after 1 plague javelin ; Psn resistance is generally ignored, as well as counters

Weaknesses: Plague javas are slow, easy to dodge.

Priv or Pub: Public

General Comments: I actually like this build, she was a good dueler. It takes some getting used to, you have to know when to time your psn javas. There are many ways about building this char since there are only 40 skills required.. you can either use lite zon or a bowazon skills as a back up.

Knight Terror

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfghjk said:
Name of the build: Plague-a-zon

Primary Skills: Posion Javelin, Plauge Javelin

Special Equip: None!

Strengths: -The psn damage can get up to around 100k! ;
Could you explain how you can get 100k damage? You'd need at least +25 poison jav to attain this kind number. And yet, no special equipment?

sheepe2004

Diabloii.Net Member
Knight Terror said:
Could you explain how you can get 100k damage? You'd need at least +25 poison jav to attain this kind number. And yet, no special equipment?
Bramble, trang gloves and poison facets help alot

Ace of spades

Diabloii.Net Member
asdfghjk said:
Strengths: -The psn damage can get up to around 100k! ; There are only two skills to max.. making it a very versatile build, and many ways to build it ; The enemy's health is drained to 1 hp after 1 plague javelin ; Psn resistance is generally ignored, as well as counters
what if your vsing a pally with max psn res and uses cleansing aura? they damage still bring his health down to 1hp?

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
Name of the build: Ghost WW SiN
Primary Skills: Look at the name and think, mind blast
Special Equip: Enigma and fcr items
Strengths: Caster Slaying
Weaknesses: Barbarians
Priv or Pub: Usually everywhere but not the best team pker
General Comments: charms aren't that expensive compared to today's top pvp char charms

GreatStupidPastry

Diabloii.Net Member
Name of the build: Liberator
Primary Skills: Hammer, Charge... some smite.
Special Equip: Grief
Strengths: Almost everything
Weaknesses: Bone/Summon Necros
Priv or Pub: Pub
General Comments: My liberator is the most awesomest thing in the world. Basically I charge most people, unless I know they're good at melee, in that case I hammer. I don't know how liberators do in private duels, since I've never been in one, but he totally owns pubs :D .

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
a liberator with 75% fcr is godly. but one thing: for hammerdins when you duel necros, keep oak sage out for minion stack. makes life much easier.

about combat gcs.. mine used 5 with 35+ lifeand rest were life scs with resist. my guy did about 13k with 4k life. 10 gcs imo is a waste of runes. but if you are super rich.. by all means use 10. :p