Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strength Tiering and body popping

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by agent_arthur, Jan 29, 2004.

1. agent_arthur

agent_arthur IncGamers Member

Strength Tiering and body popping

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering, if i upgraded my skullders ire to a balrog skin, the str req would boost up to 165. i have 156 str currently to wield my SS, but 186 in total from the str bonus it gives. i think ive heard before that u should not rely on +str items in the weapon slots, as it could result in body popping because of the order items are equipped when u pick up your body after a death? would this mean that it would be unsafe to rely on the +30 str bonus on my SS to equip the balrog skin? thanks for your help in advance.

Good day,
    Arthur

2. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife IncGamers Member

I've not actually tried this but you can do it relatively easily:

Get a low lvl char, and equip him with gear u dont care much about.. then die. Then when ur naked, pick up something else like a helm before u get your body. In .09 this would garuntee that you pop right?

Well supposedly if a situation like that happens, it just makes a new body for you. Try it out and see, and if it does, then u can for sure rely on your +str items.

3. Selayna

Selayna IncGamers Member

I've played aroudn ith t a bit and havent' hd any body poppign issues so far. :>
    YMMV

4. revoke

revoke IncGamers Member

if you exit game without your body however and you have more then 1 of them you risk losing stuff on exit. Im not sure if it pops out or what but you lose it.

5. Taliesin-DS

Taliesin-DS IncGamers Member

If you have more then one corpse in the game when you leave, you can only take one with you.
    The game decides which body you take with you (don't know how) all stuff on other body's drops on the ground.

6. DeathHawkTheMad

DeathHawkTheMad IncGamers Member

The corpse with the most gold value in items on it is passed over to the next game, i lost a stormshield when my sorc died at pindle, i teleported back grabbed the cropse then died again, i was like argh **** this **** and left, made new game and was halfway to hell meph before i realised i wasnt wearing a shield and the other game was gone :( I had forgotten i'd transfered my anni to my barb so my sorc no longer had the 156 str b4 SS