Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strength teiring

Discussion in 'Druid' started by d2isnotanrpg, Feb 12, 2004.

1. d2isnotanrpg

d2isnotanrpg IncGamers Member

Strength teiring

Ok this is softcore obviously, and I'm not quite straight on a few things.

Suppose I've got a base str of 50, and I put on an amulet with +20 str. This allows me to wear my boots req 70 str that have +20 str on them. This in turn allows me to wear my armor (just suppose) which has +20 str on it. I now take off the amulet and I have 90 str, and the armor which requires 90 str can support itself since it still has +20 on it (new ability in 1.1 AFAIK).

Now, if I die, what will happen? I click on my body and I equip all items that require 50 or less str automatically. The boots and armor, which require more, stay on my corpse or are transferred to my inventory upon a second click of the corpse? I then have to re-equip that amulet and re-teir my items to equip the armor, right? The same goes for anything with +str to support itself (weapon, shield, etc).

Or will the items that require above my base 50 str just disappear (pop)? Or stay on corpse?

I think they go to my inventory, but if someone could clear up strength teiring, that'd be great. I know its recommended to get enough base str to wear all your items, but I don't want to if I can get by with teiring. If my items will never be deleted, I don't mind the hassle.

Thanks!

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I don't think you have to worry about them being deleted.

However, I think it's a bug, not a feature, and should not be exploited. My personal opinion.

Also, why, if I may, are you asking this is the Druid forum? I'm glad you trust us that much and think we are that smart, but context has its place, you know...

Cheers!

3. d2isnotanrpg

Well, although I didn't put it in context, this has to do with my wind druid who wants to use Aldur's shadow plate (+20 str) to support itself, and sandstorm trek (+15 str) to get to that point.

Would it be against forum rules to repost in another forum?

Also, I disagree that it is a bug/feature. Why shouldn't you be able to use an item's inherent bonuses in equipping itself? Infact, I think they should make it so you can equip an item without teiring. Say if you had 60 str, and an armor with str req 70 with a bonus of +10 str. You should be able to equip the armor without first equipping some sort of +str item to go at or above 70.

If I think of it in a magical/fanciful context (outside of Sanctuary but it is obviously one itself), where I put on some endurance/strength boosting armor but don't have the strength to wear the armor immediately. First I put it on, and am fatigued, but then revitalized by the magical property of the armor (this may seem confusing as I'm thinking in a fantasy context outside of D2), and continue wearing it. What's wrong with this exactly?

Also, as a side note, unrelated to the thread's topic:

Anyone think it might be a good idea to socket aldur's mace/helm/armor with 6 cold facets (-5%/+xx%), to boost hurricane? Obviously tornado is the main damage dealer but there's three reasons I'd want to do this:
    1. Wear the full aldur's set (aka cool factor)
    2. I can get above the 68 (or 63 I forget) FCR breakpoint while still retaining the full set, but not above the 99% FCR breakpoint (aka Good Enuff (tm) )
    3. Nothing I put in the sockets will help tornado damage.

Thanks.

4. proudfoot

Go ahead and post elsewhere. The Statistics area or whatever in the Community forums would probably know better.

As to the teiring thing, since when has D2 been logical, even fantasy style logical? ;)

68% FCR is good enough.

Boosting Hurricane dmg with Facets would work well, if you think it is worth paying that much...

5. d2isnotanrpg

Is there such a thing as paying TOO much for style? :)

I think if anyone the druid forum would support the use of style points.

6. proudfoot

Why? Because we are too weak?

Nah, style is good. But I mean, do you have resources to pixellatedly burn, or what?

7. d2isnotanrpg

Too weak? When did I insinuate that? I meant we are cool :thumbsup:

Well, technically I don't have the resources to do this. However, I really want to use the full set, and I am considering viable ways of doing so.

On the one hand, HoTO is probably more expensive than six cold facets (although I'm not sure, SIX might be). On the same hand, I can use the full set well BEFORE I get my hands on those facets; and each one I gain will just increase my power as I go.

On the other hand, there's the same o'l wizspike/shako. Meh?

And yeah, I have considered rabies/fireclaws/shockwave/fury/fire/summoner. I think the wind druid "loses" the least by using the full set, considering others', especially the melee types, can do well using other weapons. Two handers for fury, phaseblade for f/c, ex cetera. Rabies could do with poison facets, but I'm PRETTY sure the -% would only affect the first target, not the spreadee's. Wind, OTOH, only needs FCR and +skills, and the set covers half of that.

Oh, I think I'm rambling at this point...

8. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

You will not equip anything you do not have the base req for. It will try to go to your inv. If you don't have room it will remain on corpse and you will say "I can't carry anymore."