Strength Glitching?

YellowDyeNo5

Diabloii.Net Member
Strength Glitching?

So I recently remade my long since stagnant hammerdin, just to see if I could get some extra life out of him, as I had dumped more strength than I deemed necessary. His current gear:
Shako
Mara's
Sharktooth enigma (and most likely the only one on battle.net)
HoZ
And then the other regular goodies, along with a 12 stat anni

I can glitch all this stuff on using some other +strength gear (swap out his bk rings and maras at the beginning of every game, and then swap back), but is there any way to avoid that? The old hammerdin only had slightly more strength, and all was well with the world (maybe 48 base). This guy is at base strenght (25), and 100 something after the bonuses. I was able to get the items to stick with the old hammerdin, and the difference in strength is not enough to convince me that it was the problem. So...any suggestions?

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
YellowDyeNo5 said:
Sharktooth enigma (and most likely the only one on battle.net)
Not to spam or anything but I actually have one because they look awesome on assassins :)

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
The interesting gear you mentioned are the Sharktooth enigma (requiring 103 strength) and the HOZ (requiring 89 strength). I assume none of your other unmentioned gear has a high strength requirement and all of it equips properly when you enter games.

I bet your problem is that without the bonuses to strength from Enigma and HOZ, you don't have 89 strength. You need to have 89 strength for the game to to allow you to equip the HOZ which will in turn give enough of a strength bonus to equip the Enigma. The Enigma then has such a high strength bonus, that you can remove large amounts of strength and not see a problem.