Strenght

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Strenght

Hey guys, My necro is finally killing in the pits. I decided now is a good time to start puting mf gear on him. I get it all around to find that im 30 strenght to short for my armor. I thought ok no big deal ill just run normal cows. Ive done a bunch of normal cows and so far every run produces about 2 charms. Im wondering if this is the best place or not?

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Can't you just stick four Ptopaz' in an armour that requires less str? What are you actually looking for? ATMA has a drop calc in it.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
LK's great for charms, though probably not for a necro. Could always reroll large charms for +5'ers if your desperate for a quick fix. Think ilvl 24 gives you a 9% chance of 4-5 str.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I only had 5 topaz's. So I put four in a full plate mail earlier in my d2 career and now its all I have. I just figured running normal cows would produce a bunch of charms. It kind of does but no strenght so far. To answer your question on what im looking for is just a lot of charms to build up 30 strenght then im off to mf pits.

Brak

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah that sounds like a plan. Just remember to save up the gems too so you can reroll the large charms.

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
30 str is a lot to make up. I had a +15str ring on a char for a while. So you might want to grab any rings/ammys and re-roll them too.

YoungDbl

Diabloii.Net Member
Well its getting boring just watching my merc do everything. Since im only 74 I decided just to do players8 nm baals to 80 and add the 30 hardpoints to strenght. Thanks any ways lol.

Btw: at thyiad: I love your signature about mark twain!!!!

As for the charms, you seem to be right. I've been running NM cows over the past few days and it seems like a lot of charms and gems are dropping.