Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Street Fighter Assassin Build

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Epsilon Eyez, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Street Fighter Assassin Build

I have always wanted to create a strange build, and this one came to me while playing cards, for some strange reason. I decided on making an Assassin wielding Trang's set to use Fireball, but it didn't end there. I eventually thought of Ryu and his Hadouken. Skills are listed, alongside the Street Fighter world counterparts:

Trang's Set: Fireball (Hadouken)
    Chaos Runeword: Whirlwind (Tatsumakisenpuukyaku, the flying kick [though Whirlwind isn't a kick, per se])
    Fists of Fire (Shoryuken)
    Dragon Talon (Donkey Back Kick, from SF3:TS, which I believe is not as well known as SF2)

The plan is to max Fists of Fire (with Phoenix Strike as a synergy, unused attack), Dragon Talon, Claw Mastery, Burst of Speed, and the rest into Weapon Block, while dual-wielding claws (one being Chaos) and wearing the Trang's set to use Fireball. I think it would be a lot better to work on Fireball damage, since melee damage might be easier to boost.

Any suggestions or tips? I really need help on trying to make this decently effective...

2. supernerd101

supernerd101 IncGamers Member

cool sounds like a great idea based on fire watch out in hell and trangs cool

3. Epsilon Eyez

So far, I'm level 12 and I'm finding this build highly effective with 8 players in the game (constantly dueling each other and crying). This made quick work of Treehead Woodfist, and I think this build would be fun to finish.

Question: Is it confirmed that Fists of Fire and Cobra Strike don't work together?

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

From what I understand, FoF converts 3% of your physical damage to fire - whether this is just when it's charged, or like a synergy thing, I don't know. With less physical to draw on, there is less to leech from, which means every 3% of that damage that gets funneled into fire, is that much less to leech from.

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

You can just make a duel claw martial artist with a kick finisher and call yourself Vega...

Fireball is practically useless without Moonfall and a ring of Firebolt, with a whole lot of +skill.

6. Epsilon Eyez

I could just drop Fireball, even though it is the signature move of Ryu. I wouldn't mind. It would have been near impossible to have an effective Fireball without the items you mentioned. I already know the damage is pitiful, it starts off at around 400 damage and only gets to around 1000 with decent equipment.

7. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Neat, another off the list build, we need more of these ;)
    So how will the rest of the equip look like? Any cb for dtalon? Moonfall + spirit/lidless on switch?

Good luck :thumbsup:

8. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Actually yeah a Moonfall on switch could make it work, and you could get damage around 900 or so, which is usable in Hell for those special situations where melee is a bad idea (Oblivion Knights, Stygian Dolls).

To be honest, a Trapper would make a much better FB using Assassin... The reason being that FB needs caster gear like Shako, Mara's, SoJ etc which doesn't so much meet the needs of a MA assassin (damage reduction, resists, leech). But a Trapper could just max Fire Blast and they'd have their own Fire attack with more damage than Fireball.

IMO the best classes to make use of Trang's Fireball is Barbarian (natural resists, can hold Moonfall and HotO/Hexfire) and Paladin (+%fire damage shield, Conviction, Meditation).

9. Epsilon Eyez

Another good character is Necromancer, if you are talking raw damage, anyway. With the complete set, the Fire Ball skill is doubled in points and he has access to Lower Resist. But we're talking Assassin here.

I'm thinking Fireball will most likely be a far-range alternative attack, used to get a starting attack and rush in with claws, or snipe from a far range. I am worried about fire immunes, but my Meteor sorc works fine in hell.

Moonfall and Spirit on switch would be a good idea. Never thought of putting it on switch.

Phoenix Strike actually could be used, but only the meteor attack, the first charge. So Shoryuken can be the ultimate boss killer.

10. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

My assassin is named Chun-Li :)

11. Goth De Luse

Goth De Luse IncGamers Member

street fighter

great idea,however the assa reminds me more of Vega becuse of the claws.
    i wonder if it is possible to work with a vega themed assa?

any way,good luck,sounds like a fun them build!

12. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Vega sdidn't have a lightning kick. And he was a guy.

13. Goth De Luse

Goth De Luse IncGamers Member

ryu was a guy..........at least vega looks alot mor like a girl i gusse :lol:

14. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

how bout a dhalsim build?
    get enigma armor and 2 trang pieces for teleport and fireball.
    [or dragon flight as alternate to enigma]
    build up the inferno trap with its synergies and use as the main weapon.
    i guess she can't do super long kicks/punches, but maybe blade sentry can pass for a mid-range attack? :)

15. Epsilon Eyez

The build is only level 18, due to the lack of time available. But so far the build is in the prime of power. Andariel was killed all quicklike in less than two Shoryukens.

I'm in Act 2 and only run into trouble by them darned Beetles. So far I've played untwinked but I'll need Trang's Set at least. I don't have a Chaos yet, I'm hoping one of my uber-rich friends can make one for me.

Vega build would be easy to make, what was his special move again? Dhalsim build wouldn't be as awesome if he didn't have stretchy parts. That guy was powerful if you knew when to throw punches and defend.

16. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Vega had the wall climp and some crappy flip moves.