Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strategy: Bot-killing build designs

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ax2Grind, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Strategy: Bot-killing build designs

With FrozenSolid's success, at least once, against these bots I'd like to know if there are builds specifically designed for it or ones that work very well. Clearly I'm not trying to condone player-killing, but if someone wanted to whet their teeth or get the feel for PvP by doing everyone a favor in knocking one of these bastards off every other day we might actually bring some fun back into this game.

I made this here because there's no longer a Strategy section that would basically be an all-class build area to use due to the forum merge, and I'm not sure if there's a single class that's best against a specific type of build bots are using. Feel free to list the link to a build in the other forums for ease. Thank you.

2. hulla-hop

hulla-hop IncGamers Member

seeing as most of them has chicken, the almighty berzerker-baba would come in handy since they could one-hit kill alot of times

3. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

I've heard there were bot-killing bots, but i know that not any of you guys would use it. I thought it was ok to mention this because this thread is already about bots and it is an interestion fact.

4. MyCompSucks

MyCompSucks IncGamers Member

i'd say make a char that can attack from a longer range so you dont accidently hit a hammer and die, such as a bone nec or a sorc or a bowazon

5. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

if you attack him in worldstone chamber 2, he wont be making hammers or even bo'd yet. those palies rich..prolly got max resists so im guessin a big 2 handed eth sword like ebotd cb for a bazerk or ww barb lol

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I think it's okay to talk about bots as long as it doesn't turn into a how-to guide. Same with discussions about how to deal with potential dupes etc... I've been thinking a Leapzerker might be cool. Hop right over those hammers, hopefully score a hit through what is most likely max block and then smash with berserk, hopefully garnering a 1-hit kill so he doesn't have a chance to chicken. The problem is that most bots are set to chiken the second you declare hostility or the second they are down to 1 quarter health meaning you have to kill them fast. I have an Eth sup 13% Collossus Sword with five sockets that's pretty much only good for Death. I've been thinking charger or Leaper of some kind since it has such lousy IAS. Leaping is awesome because you can go right over those hammers and if he gets stunned you can make an easy followup.

A 2-hander Avenger would be cool too since their resists would automatically be brought down to -50 regardless of how much they've padded them.

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I think the question is - if the bot is not designed to exit on hostile, will it recognize you as a threat? I am not certain if their programming would make a distinction, there. I would imagine that they would see you as a threat, though.

However, even then, they are still a bot. You therefore have the advantage being that all they are going to do is tele on top of you and spam hammers. This leaves you with the opening that Leap was meant to provide, as you have a moment before the hammers swing around and hit you.

As a conc/zerker barb, you could simply shift-swing. The moment they tele to you, you crack them upside their moronic heads. Same deal with Vengeance pallies, though you may have to run south for a moment while you wait for conviction to hit them.

Dtail assassins could be interesting to try this with. I know that I can easily get one to the point where they have 26k release... though if I understand dtail correctly, that's quite nerfed in pvp. Cutting down the physical (Normally 6500-ish after a full charge), down to about 1k, then calculating the fire damage off that... then further nerfing the fire damage by pvp penalties and resistances... is that how dtail works in pvp? If so, forget that. But if not... very nice.

8. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Bone necro with 1 pt in Revives could be nasty, Revive the monsters that he kills to get a meat shield. ;) Other excellent choices would be most of the 1 hit kill builds such as Windies (minion stacking would let you tank a bit), another hammerdin, FoH, or pretty much any sorc. Blizz sorc in particular is generally a 1 hit kill and I doubt the bot has any sort of stack needed to counter that level of cold mastery.

Just remember that not all the levelers will be push overs, a good number could be duelers also that are leveling up. So it pays to have a PvP capable build for this task. I doubt the other players will take kindly to you kicking their exp machine to the curb. :lol:

9. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

If you are talking about baal bots, (which i think are the only bots you can kill) IMO they are kinda beneficial. I wish Spam bots go outside and spam and are above lvl9 I HATE THOSE.

10. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

i had very good luck with my bowazon....i tag teamed with a trapper....this bot would always visit malah to heal so that gave us plenty of time to get ready for him....this bot would only chug pots at about 25%-30% life and would chicken at about 10-15%....it would take only a single guided to take him down after the traps hit him....i was always more worried about the merc than the hammers because the bot was always to busy boing

11. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Dual Dream Enchantress ?

Grief Smiter ?

12. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Corpse Explode could do gobs of damage if there were corpses around, but you would take out a lot of innocent bystanders.

13. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i have done this very thing to gamble because thay drop tons of gold. i use a orb blizzard sorc whos blizzard seem to kil in one hit to most of them. so i would think full blizzard sorc would be best and if your fast you can get them at wp.

14. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR IncGamers Member

most bots are hammerdins so melee range is to be avoided ;)

imo a really high damage firesorc combined with infinity (or lower res charges wand on switch)
    40+k meteor + conviction or lvl 3 lower res should hurt
    but i havent tried it

my lightsorc does fairly well in the occasional bot pk
    and she doesnt have maxed damage due to energy shield
    (28k max + conviction from merc)
    2/3 attack attempts succeed

then gogo gamble :D

and plz guys, only pk the bot if you join the game first, so you can hostile before others party. no need to kill innocent people

15. superdave

the bot leechers always wait in town for the portal to pop up....most bots ears fall at the waypoint....it is just about impossible to catch and kill one once he has begun teleporting unless you use mh

16. DeMeVeR

DeMeVeR IncGamers Member

i hostile him, go to another wp , do bo and precasts
    then i wait for the tp up message and i check, because sometimes botusers arent afk and wait at the wp,
    if i'm sure he's in throne i teleport down and kill him there
    since nobody else is hostiled its no big deal

the reason i cant get him at wp is that i need some precasts like energy shield battle command and bo and i'm usually a sec too late and his merc could be dangerous at wp then, in the throne his merc is distracted, the minions help in dealing damage , and there is that small chance he rips to monsters instead of me (didnt happen yet, but it would be worth all the effort)

17. kitehellion

kitehellion IncGamers Member

With a Godly lvl 89 bone necro. I'm talking spirit/white, enigma, shako, seraphs, dual sojs, marrows and amp dmg. Anyway, with all the boosts from those, a spirit could do roughly around 6k, if not 7 or 8. The spirit could track bots a bit if they tele, but would prolly fade b4 they hit. A guided from a zon would be able to track them better, but it would probably be blocked.

18. superdave

good stategy IF you can teleport and if you have the means to quickly find your way to the throne....a legit player will make it to the throne after the run is finished and the bot is creating another game....you can catch some of the bots at the wp with plenty of time to do your precasts if you get in the game fast enough and the bot is at a healer buying scrolls, potions or selling stuff

19. songmage

songmage IncGamers Member

The only character I know of that can one-hit-kill a paladin from a distance is a blizzard sorceress.

Make sure to have plenty of cold gcs.

I do this in order to get a quick supply of gold.

All u gotta do is join game first before they party and hostile the bot in a hurry. Park outside of the worldstone keep lvl 2 waypoint and spam blizzards. When he comes out he will die instantly and leave game leaving you with all of the gold.

I have also done this when they are partied and killing baal's minions. In all the chaos, generally its hard for them to arrange themselves for a counter attack. Just be careful that they aren't waiting for you at the top of the stairs ;) .

20. BananaPancakes

BananaPancakes IncGamers Member

in a baal run..u guys ever notice that sometimes i duno why the bots owner is actually there..watching his bot do work. wouldnt it be scary if you tried to pk him n he didnt say anything..then next game u think u got him but hes waitin for u?? :eek: