Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strange LCS display

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Milb, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Strange LCS display

I'm currently playing my SUTC character and I've noticed something very strange with the LCS. I'm using part of Isenhart's set, and with a few charms I'm doing 51-52 damage (excluding the upcoming charm). But I have a charm in my inventory with 1-5 lightning damage, so you would assume the LCS would show 52-57 damage, but, it only shows 52-53.

The charm seems to work fine with the weapon on the switch (plain short staff).

Could this be a bug with the +minimum damage on Isenhart's Sword or is it something else?

(I know the damage difference is minor but it could be a larger problem if using a build along the lines of Disco-neck Ted's Avenger, and using an inventory full of lightning charms, just want to know whats going on :smiley:)

Cheers,
    Milb

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

My guess is that it's a bug in the LCS. After all, doesn't LCS stand for Lying Character Screen?

Sorry, I know that's not much help though.

3. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

I thought it was Lying-*** Charcter Screen.

Never believe it.

4. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's a min dmg display bug. I got a quote here that can explain it a bit. It's from testing with a zerker axe and a couple of sols. In the main test the character is also wearing a highlords (1-30 lightning dmg), but the base damage of the weapon gets multiplied:

5. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Cheers Sint, thanks for digging that up. Seems like a strange bug to be honest, how hard can it be to just calculate the weapon damage then add the charm and elemental damage on afterwards? Oh well, maybe they'll patch it with 1.12 :rolleyes:

6. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Yeah sure! :rolleyes: