Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strange Error

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by AlphaMagnum, Nov 11, 2006.

1. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum IncGamers Member

Strange Error

This is AlphaMagnum again....and I've got a really odd problem.

I have three single-player chars: a lvl 47 druid, lvl 16 assassin, and lvl 13 necromancer. I had saved and exited a couple hours ago, but left Diablo II on. When I tried to use my necromancer again, it said "unable to enter game, bad hireables." I have no idea what this means, or why it's happening. I tried my other two characters and they both work just fine. I also tried exiting and restarting Diablo II and the same error occurred again, just for the necromancer. I've always been using LoD with the latest patch (1.11).

Can anyone help?

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Basically, the necro appears to have become corrupt somehow. Since it's not a battle.net char, then you won't really be able to send Blizzard an email about correcting the char.

If you wanted to, you could try to open the character in ATMA (http://atma.diabloii.net) and see if it's recognised there.

3. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Corrupted character file, just create another character of that class I suppose, should take about a maximum of twenty minutes to get back to that very level. Unless you had some rares in it, then bummer.

4. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum IncGamers Member

Hey thanks a bunch!

ATMA was able to recognize my char and i took out his items and whatnot, then put em into a new necromancer. It said there was some sort of error with one of my amulets, so I didn't take that piece of equipment. The new necromancer is level 18 going strong, so thanks again!