Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strange error message

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bigdogadm, Jan 30, 2004.

1. bigdogadm

bigdogadm IncGamers Member

Strange error message

I've been getting a strage error message the past few days on Bnet. I will sign in, enter a game, play for awhile, and then leave the game. Sometimes when I do this, it kicks me all the way back to the sign-in screen and asks for my password again. When I try to sign in, it immediately says "Realm Down" where my characters normally would be listed. I cannot get past this screen except by waiting about 5 minutes and then signing in again. This has never happened to me before the last week or so and does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Anyone else have any info on this phenomenon?

Needless to say, this is very annoying at least, and downright dangerous when I am trying to mule stuff between characters.

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I've experienced this a lot since I started playing on bnet. And, you're right - the only thing one can do is wait. Maybe clearing regedit will help. Not sure. Try the official D2 site or diabloII.net for more info.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Realm down is a temporary ban. You usually experience them when joining games very quickly, and has become a common occurance for IP hunters and the like. It also happens if you call packets very quickly, usually scrolling your mouseroller repeatedly or quickly squelch someone, or repeatedly spam text. Most of the time you will get CI before you get kicked and find RD, but not always. Not much you can do when your tagged, just gotta be careful not to MF in fast games, and do be patient if you do get RD.

4. bigdogadm

bigdogadm IncGamers Member

Wow. If this is true, then Bliz needs to seriously rework the premises for which people are tagged. I NEVER get "connection interrupted" messages, only ever realm down. I never squelch or scroll repeatedly (at least not abnormally for playing the game). I often get kicked when I do Baal runs with people or pit runs, but both of those take at least 4-5 minutes or so for me to complete. This is WAY too long a time for me to be a spammer or a bot.

Also, I seem to be the only one kicked out of the games. Sometimes, I will be doing Baal runs and get kicked out, wait 5 minutes, then log in again and be able to find the subsequent Baal run game which all of the same people are in. Why would I be the only one kicked off?

I am having difficulty believing that anyone on the realm who engages in this type of conduct gets kicked off, as if they did EVERYONE would be complaining about this problem.

5. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

I get some different message when tagged (it's quick muling most of the time). The message would tell me "cannot connect to Bnet" and to make sure my modem works first.... While I could log on to other realms. The waiting takes 10 minutes or so.

Why can't they just tell me I was tagged..

6. Beastie Boy

Beastie Boy IncGamers Member

I have a buddy who uses dial up, and he gets kicked between act all the time now. This never happend in .09, and he always gets kicked when we play in act 3.

7. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

No, that won't help.

8. Qroft

Qroft IncGamers Member

For almost the entire duration of the 1.09 patch, about 1/4 to 1/3 of the time I quit out of a game I got booted to login and realm down. I never did figure out what was causing it.

9. kanga_jay

kanga_jay IncGamers Member

If you get a Realm Down just redial your network connection. Only works if your on dial-up.

10. festers50

festers50 IncGamers Member

It's the only time having a dial up is better than having DSL.

11. Deadbolt13

Deadbolt13 IncGamers Member

I get this too! Except most of the time I do get the Connection Interrupted message, and it normally takes an hour or 2 to get rid of the Realm Down message.

12. uberjolt

uberjolt IncGamers Member

I get connection interrupted ONLY on hardcore, and ONLY either:

1)when switching to a new act for the first time on a character

2)when fighting baal's minions (I can hardly level at all :( )

13. Deadsight

Deadsight IncGamers Member

I have that exact same message! I would like to know what causes that, because everytime I mule I get kicked out of battle net and see that message. I usually keep seeing that message for about 10 minutes when I keep trying to join. I also can log onto all other realms just fine when this happens, but I cannot log on to open battle net on the current realm either.