strange display bug... weird colors

Twoflower

Banned
strange display bug... weird colors

hmm this is realy strange : for some time now i experience strange color mixes when i play. Most of the time it happens after i switch on the desktop whit windows key and go back to diablo. it looks as if i d watch a ( slide; transparency; diapositive ) ( dont know which word ) of the actual game ! very very weird colors, blue turning into pink, etc etc.

i wanted to post a screenshot, but funny as it is, on the screenshot everything looks normal... ?

can i assume then that it is only a problem of my screen while actualy in game and not a diablo problem ? since i reinstalled LoD and it didnt help and as i said the screnshot shows nothing out of the ordinary

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:
hmm this is realy strange : for some time now i experience strange color mixes when i play. Most of the time it happens after i switch on the desktop whit windows key and go back to diablo. it looks as if i d watch a ( slide; transparency; diapositive ) ( dont know which word ) of the actual game ! very very weird colors, blue turning into pink, etc etc.

i wanted to post a screenshot, but funny as it is, on the screenshot everything looks normal... ?

can i assume then that it is only a problem of my screen while actualy in game and not a diablo problem ? since i reinstalled LoD and it didnt help and as i said the screnshot shows nothing out of the ordinary
You might want to make sure you have the latest video drivers and that they're configured properly. I used to have this same problem occasionally, and upgrading my video drivers fixed it.

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
twoflower said:

i also had problems after alt tabbing to play some music, only happened 2/3 times or so, u should try alt tabbing a few times in and out of diablo and then see if it works. It's not a huge problem, but still annoying

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
I've had this happen too when using DirectDraw instead of D3D or Glide. Whenever there was something that tried to steal the focus away from D2 I'd get trippy colors. Winamp also did this. Couldn't find a real solution, although an alt-tab at the right moment fixed it for one session.

Twoflower

Banned
RTB said:
I've had this happen too when using DirectDraw instead of D3D or Glide. Whenever there was something that tried to steal the focus away from D2 I'd get trippy colors. Winamp also did this. Couldn't find a real solution, although an alt-tab at the right moment fixed it for one session.
winamp ! yes ! he did it most of the time i think, sometimes emule too

speaking of drivers : it actualy started to happen when i installed the latest drivers

o well, in any case, i ll fumble around a bit and see if it works, otherwise i ll just turn off winamp and emule while playing :)

Jerion

Diabloii.Net Member
Every time I had a video running on Winamp, and ran D2, Winamp would crash. Did this start you you guys with the new version of Winamp?

DeMeVeR

Diabloii.Net Member
Jerion said:
Every time I had a video running on Winamp, and ran D2, Winamp would crash. Did this start you you guys with the new version of Winamp?
when i had played d2, even after its closed, i cant play videos on windows media player,
it just gives a dark green screen

and i had the weird colors bug too once and took a screenshot, but in my case it shows the weird colors
akara in red, blue portal like things in town, vague figures in flashy green,
right skill button missing etc