Strange D2 Problem

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
Strange D2 Problem

You know how your most recently player chars are at the top of you SP char select dele? While mine have started going to the bottem. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, buts it really annyoing. Does anyone know what causes this/how to fix it?

PS: It happend after i used atma to mule some stuff.

Kaysaar

Diabloii.Net Member
I've found that using ATMA makes D2 think that any character used in the muling process is recently used, and therefore puts it at the top of the character selection screen. If you play the normal frequently used characters, they should go to the top of the list.

yea, it should go in orer of character last used > character not used in ages, but ive noticed some mules of mine have appeared at thebottom whenthey shoudl be near he top. dunno why though.

chongleong

Diabloii.Net Member
I encounter that problem too.
It can be your time setting in your OS.

Let's say,if you play a char at 15/3/2004 and you saved it.It goes to the top of the char selection.Now you change the time setting to maybe 1/3/2004.Then play another char and save it.The char u played at 1/3/2004 will go below the char u played at 15/3/2004.
This is how the problem caused me.

Maybe this helps.:)

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
near as I can tell, the D2 screen is arranged based on the timestamp of the .d2s file - the game assumes it is the only thing capable of opening a d2s file and thus the most recently changed file must be the mst recently played character. since opening a character in ATMA will change the timestamp, the opening screen gets shuffled around.

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
Thx for the help!

You were right, it was the time setting. Power went out earlier and messed up the comp clock.