Strange Character Expired Problem

The Mad Monk

Diabloii.Net Member
Strange Character Expired Problem

The game says they are. All of them. On every account I pull up, including the the ones I played yesterday.

Except...they aren't.

They all create and join games just fine, and everything saves normally; there's no problem re-entering games.

But when I return to the account screens, they're still listed as "expired".

I probably wouldn't mind, but it's going to be a ***** refreshing them when the time comes.

Any ideas?

TurbulentTurtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Strange Character Expired Problem

Definitely strange how they're still labeled as expired after you technically refreshed them. There is that whole thing where you can resurrect expired characters, but it always resets the timer thingy, since I've done it plenty o' times.

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member

Check the time/date settings on your computer. I've heard it's the date used on your computer that's used for the expired messages, and if that is wrong characters can get the expired status without being expired. I have yet to test it myself though.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

Check the time/date settings on your computer. I've heard it's the date used on your computer that's used for the expired messages, and if that is wrong characters can get the expired status without being expired. I have yet to test it myself though.
Second this, most likely your computers clock is the culprit.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member

How do I resurrect expired chars?
Unless they've been deleted from the servers you can still log onto bnet with them, which would unexpire them.

Long expired chars are probably deleted.

Devouress

Diabloii.Net Member

Nah, I had like 3 chars expired like 3 years ago, shame that i deleted them without knowing that. But they were non ladder anyway.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard changed their policy only 6 months ago or so.

The chars you deleted were quite possibly already deleted from the b.net servers.
Nowadays you only really lose your expired chars if someone creates a char with the same name.

The Mad Monk

Diabloii.Net Member

Yep, the computer showed 2009 as the year. I probably did that while planning some trips, and forgot to put it back. Everythings back to abnormal. Thanks. :)

CoonLagoon

Diabloii.Net Member

yeah, the date of my mac is messed up too, and all my characters appear as expired. i freaked out when i saw this at first