strange bug or...?

vknez

Diabloii.Net Member
strange bug or...?

i entered public duel game with my sorc and went to cast prebuffs. i was in act 5 so i went to glacial trail waypoint. wp transfered me to the entrence to sublevel (drifter cavern) where they are always few champions. i was surprised by that and was killed instantly. eventually i made to recover corpse and shot this video with fraps.

so what is that? bug? or result of some hack program user (game creator?)?

any thoughts on that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdZPPqrf8S0

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: strange bug or...?

Aaah... Now I'm curious where the other waypoints would have taken you. I know there was some exploit where the disabled WP in Forgotten Sands could be activated, then linked to some other WP, maybe he had been using that exploit, but blizz fixed it, and now the games he create have that WP not working correctly...

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

I think I've heard of map seeds about the Crysatlline passage where there is no WP, so perhaps the same thing can happen in the GT. The game tries to take you somewhere, finds a "portal" and takes you there instead

Or perhaps the WP should be (is?) there, but the drifter cavern entrance comes with scenery which overwrites it

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member

I've had exactly the same thing happen! It wasn't near that entrance, but it was someplace on the map, and there was no wp in that entire area. Not even showing on the map. I was laughing real hard at that, and tried using fraps to record it, but I never figured out why I got so much lag while recording using fraps so I settled with some screenshots :D

DayDream

Diabloii.Net Member

I've always heard of the whole a5 cavern,crystal, glacier being bugged like that. This definately isn't the first or second time such a thing occured. In other cases, a cave/exit/entry that should've existed sometimes didn't.