Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Strafters

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Strafters

For you strafing zon's out there,

What damage do you think is good to do hell in? And do you try for 2fps or are you satisfied with 3? I have both the cliffkiller and goldstrike that can be upgraded but I really would like to see and feel 2fps in action. :drool:

2. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

:bumps thread:

I've got the same question. I want to turn my m'avina hybridzon into a 9/2 with a shael and 2 15% IAS jewels but am curious about peoples' experience with the qualitative difference between a 9/3 and a 9/2.

3. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

There is a thread in amazon forum about the "next delay damage" thing, it explain the damage quite well I think.

4. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

9/2 makes you miss more against single targets but its not that annoying.

my sniperzon strafes at 11/3 if i recall right and thats doable for her thatnks to the build

my mav zon strafes at 9/2 if i recall right aka 120% ias

5. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Personally, I don't like strafe anymore. Killspeed is pretty slow compared to LF. Well, unless you have a windforce, maybe. As for the frames... 3 frames is probably good enough but 2 is better (surprise!). It looks cooler, too.

6. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

I just went to the amazon forum and read a couple of threads on next-delay and some forum members' calculations - such a complicated issue! It made me look at building my zon in a different way.

7. NSXdreamer

Lone_wolf, how do you get a hydra/grand matron bow to strafe at 9/2? I tried and tried but just can't get the 120% ias. (I plan to use CoH armor so armor socketing is out)

8. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

note that i spoke about the mav set it reatch 120% with 2 jewels of fervor aka 15% ias jewels and a shael in the bow.

this is due to the fact that you get so much ias from the set itself.

without the set i dont think it would be doable to make a grand matron bow strafe at 9/2 or if its 9/3 dont recall what breakpoint 120% is of hand

9. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

120% IAS is 9/2 for base 10 bows - which is why BoTD crusaders are so good - you're halfway there. 9/2 is always better than 9/3. Even against single targets - even though you have next delay, you're going to miss sometimes in that strafe cycle, and thats where 9/2 makes up for it.

Definately upgrade your Goldstrike and shoot for 9/2. I even aim for 9/2 on my MF zons in the pit.

10. NSXdreamer

I've found upgraded lycander does more damage than upgraded goldstrike, and they both strafe at 9/3 for me. Also I can get the goodies from lycanders. I've also noticed if the FoH happen to cast near the end fo strafe cycle, the cast delay would render my strafe button red and can't fire for a sec, which is really a pain in the behind if I use goldstrike.

11. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I have the same problem with casting delay on FoH, but it really isn't as bad as the last person says it is. Its only a split second delay. Also, note that upgraded GSA is only good if you can hit 9/2. I have 350 MF and hit 9/2 and can do players5 runs with my FA/Strafe zon in about 6-10 minutes. This would be a TON faster if I went with LF of course, but I have one of those too and he's already at a high level.

Anyhow, you can get a fair amount of MF and still breeze through at 9/2 with the following equipment:

Shael'd Upg'd Goldstrike

PTopaz Stealskull
    Cat's eye
    PTopaz Skullders
    Upg'd Goldwrap
    LoH
    Ravenfrost, 30% Nagel
    Rare boots with MF & resists.

Inventory:
    Cube
    TP Tome
    ID Tome
    Set of keys
    20% resist all in charms
    3 Bow charms (to hit 9 arrow strafe)
    1 Gheed (39%)
    Rest are MF charms, and have a 2x4 for picking up items

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

well, 3 fps can give you about 8 shots per second, thats damn quick. 2 will give you 9 or 10, which is nicer, but if you ahve to reduce res or MF gear to get it, its not worth it.